Pattaya Beachfront Is Looking Great

bmanly

The Pattaya beachfront is looking really good these days, lots of grassed areas, plenty of seating and quite clean too. I think City Hall has got it right. It is a real pleasure to do my daily walks down there, here are some pics from today, cheers.

post-5966-1177753708_thumb.jpg

post-5966-1177753727_thumb.jpg

post-5966-1177753742_thumb.jpg

post-5966-1177753760_thumb.jpg

Don't want to be a 'downer' but can't help wondering how long it will look nice.

Wish they would do something about Jomthien beach which last time I was on it was ghastly. Can't sit under a palm tree unless to sit in someone's pee.

They truly have no idea how to manage a main tourist area.

It would also be nice if they made the pavements (sidewalks) usable.

Just trying to walk a few meters anywhere in Pattaya is like an Amy obstacle course with Phone & Electricity poles and equipment, Pay phone booths, street vendors etc obstructing the pavements.

It is about time city hall reclaimed the pavements for the pedestrians to use.

BB

The Pattaya beachfront is looking really good these days, lots of grassed areas, plenty of seating and quite clean too. I think City Hall has got it right. It is a real pleasure to do my daily walks down there, here are some pics from today, cheers.

Looks nice. Like part of Jomtien that was done up like that (from Pattaya park to Dongtan beach). Not always I use it (walking along the water line) but when pushing a prem it's nice and never seen anyone obstructing it.

Hold on! Are we allowed to complain about the pavements in this forum. Thai bashing surely?

The pavements are a pet hate of my'n. There must be thousands of broken toes daily across Thailand. Everyone wears open toes shoes and the pavements are littered with potruding bolts, wires and bits of metal. Pattaya is as bad as anywherre.

It must be impossible to travel more than a few meters in a wheel chair, which is probably why I have never seen anyone in one.

Off topic. Sorry.

Hold on! Are we allowed to complain about the pavements in this forum. Thai bashing surely?

The pavements are a pet hate of my'n. There must be thousands of broken toes daily across Thailand. Everyone wears open toes shoes and the pavements are littered with potruding bolts, wires and bits of metal. Pattaya is as bad as anywherre.

It must be impossible to travel more than a few meters in a wheel chair, which is probably why I have never seen anyone in one.

Off topic. Sorry.

please do not get me wrong, I do not intend to to knock Thailand or Pattaya.

I am very pleased with the new look of the beach paths, congratulations to City Hall.

May be I should start a new topic... I just want the message to get to City Hall that the pavements need sorting out too.

BB

The walkway and trees are looking great. Nice job. I even like the art work, but I'll add one complaint. There are too many of the small statues lying on what could be more benches. (see the first picture in the first post).

But still a very nice job.

It looks great........now, but how long will it be before they need to dig it up again to replace cables or pipes? :D

Or it starts crumbling due to poor workmanship and neglect. :o

No, to be fair, it is a step in the right direction and they should be commended for that. But let's keep the ball rolling and tackle the sidewalk the other side of beach road. Then move on to the sidewalks along the sois like Yamato (13/1) and Post Office (13/2) making them level and of uniform surface free of water meters and food stalls. Okay I'm getting carried away but a guy's gotta have his dreams. :D

Well thats good and well, how bout cleaning up the actual beaches and water? :D Nothing like dodging broken glass, rubbish, used condoms and needles on the beach. :o

And dodging the nightly roving packs of trans-genders!!

:D:D

Soundman.