Rain

Not damage as such, but some garden beds we had just put in,without run off protection, got trashed to the max.Some quick remedial work( in the pouring rain of course) and another bed full of topsoil later, we should be OK.

But the poor bastards in the workers camp next door had roof sheets flying everywhere.

keep it comming, we need the water!

Yes and no. I had a friend arrive on the 27th, the day this started, and the weather has been a huge disappointment. Good for the plants and the catchments, but lousy for the mainstay of the island -- tourism.

I think the rain is more important than the tourists at the moment, here on Koh Pha Ngan we are experiencing water shortages, that have lead to the govement water only being switched on several hours a day.

After all we are not going to get many tourist if they cant wash themselves whilst here

MM

Edited by mosquitoman

Yes and no. I had a friend arrive on the 27th, the day this started, and the weather has been a huge disappointment. Good for the plants and the catchments, but lousy for the mainstay of the island -- tourism.

What's more important? Rain or cheesy tourist's $? Can't eat $'s can live of rain! Is it worth killing mother Nature for a few stinkin $'s? And just cause your mates coming we should stop the rain????? :o:D :D

The nerve of some ppl!

Edited by SamuiJens

We had a tree come down in our garden the other night. The weight of the water pushed it over and right through the house next door's TV cable - oops! Other than that, all is fine and the rain welcome. Just not for too long :o

It woke me up at about 5.30am with a big thud, which at the time I thought was thunder...

What's more important? Rain or cheesy tourist's $? Can't eat s can live of rain! Is it worth killing mother Nature for a few stinkin s? And just cause your mates coming we should stop the rain????? :o:D:D

The nerve of some ppl!

What do you mean by cheesy tourist?i would say that every farang that lives here was at some stage a tourist,weren't you?

What's more important? Rain or cheesy tourist's $? Can't eat s can live of rain! Is it worth killing mother Nature for a few stinkin s? And just cause your mates coming we should stop the rain????? :o:D:D

The nerve of some ppl!

What do you mean by cheesy tourist?i would say that every farang that lives here was at some stage a tourist,weren't you?

Ja, but not a cheesy one. :D

you think the rain will continue tomorrow, I'm due a visa run usually on my bike but if raining I'll be hiring a car for the day, rain all day here in pattaya, if you think it will be dry tomorrow I may risk it and head off early, don't mind getting wet the first leg of my journy as long as it is going to get dryer as I travel towards trat

My crystal balls say the rain has finished, look for sunny skies to-morrow.

Agree with you there, but more to come, maybe not the same intensity though.

I think my future as a long term weather forecaster ,was rather short lived.It pelted down last night.

I think my future as a long term weather forecaster ,was rather short lived.It pelted down last night.

Take heart Roo, I predicated a heatwave! :o

I woke up this morning and the skys were clearing ang the sun appeared.

However I am very happy to report that it is now P$$$ING down here again on Koh Pha Ngan

LONG LIVE THE RAIN

Hurrah

MM

Here's a weather blog about Samui, maybe some of you can add something interesting.