Volunteer visas

What’s the deal with every agent offering volunteer visas all of a sudden ?

I’m on a ED visa that finishes next month and my school has said I have to go on a volunteer visa because they can’t give me another ED visa and all the agents seem to be in a rush trying to get me to apply before the 26th of September even tho I’m permitted to stay until the 11th of October, dose anyone else think there is something fishy about this ?  

I'd quite like to know what happens when people try to change onto another bonafide visa or leave the country.

What are the chances they'll grill you over the visa or push a button and a load of police appear and stick you in IDC?

Do they know they are dodgy visas?  I assume that in around a year to fifteen months from now, people who got shady volunteer visas through agents are going to have to interact with an immigration officer in some capacity without agent involvement.  Will it seem suspicious to them that there were so many good-hearted foreigners contributing their time to help Thailand just as the amnesty was about the end?

Once you go "agent" can you never go back?

Or do they simply not care?

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

What are the chances they'll grill you over the visa or push a button and a load of police appear and stick you in IDC?

About no chance of that happening unless you got fake stamps that did not match what is in their records.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

I'd quite like to know what happens when people try to change onto another bonafide visa or leave the country.

Do they know they are dodgy visas?  I assume that in around a year to fifteen months from now, people who got shady volunteer visas through agents are going to have to interact with an immigration officer in some capacity without agent involvement.  Will it seem suspicious to them that there were so many good-hearted foreigners contributing their time to help Thailand just as the amnesty was about the end?

Once you go "agent" can you never go back?

Or do they simply not care?

They are legitimate visas