Digital TV supplier

champers

I am thinking of changing my telly supplier from BTV to TMN. BTV are not now showing any of the European leagues' football; their contract with Skynet has not been renewed, apparently.

Are TMN showing the English Premier League? Is there English commentary? Are they generally a good supplier, English language news and movies, for example?

Any feedback will be gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

This is the TMN webpage in English: http://www.tmncabletv.com/en, go to "channel guide" and scroll down a little and you find the list of digital sports channels they provide. I don't think I ever saw any English football games provided live, but I am not really into this. 

Within the 600 and 700 channel area, they have some movie channels and news (BBC, Fox, Al Jazeera, ABC, French 24 etc), but not really a great choice for movies. Reliability is so-so, single channels quite often do not work or have audio / video unsynchronized. However, for the package price (3.500 Baht a year), I can live with it and my wife has all her favorite Thai channels available. For me, Netflix is more important when it comes to movies.

Sophon seems to be deteriorating.... it has been a long time since they had the Premier League, but you can get some games recorded, not live. Even the movie channels, which I thought were supposed to be English audio, occasionally they are in Thai or other languages, one was in Spanish yesterday.

Personally I use a combination of cable and internet streaming of UKTV.

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Sophon seems to be deteriorating.... it has been a long time since they had the Premier League, but you can get some games recorded, not live. Even the movie channels, which I thought were supposed to be English audio, occasionally they are in Thai or other languages, one was in Spanish yesterday.

Personally I use a combination of cable and internet streaming of UKTV.

Sophon cannot supply at my condo complex which is why I am looking at TMN, who can. I have one of their leaflets from the condo office but it is 3 years out of date. I am hoping to get feedback on here from some existing customers.