Thailand's sex workers petition to decriminalise prostitution

snoop1130

6 minutes ago, Tounge Thaied said:

The young boy, acting as the ladyboy, is simply seeking attention. They are not getting enough love and attention from their home, from their parents, from their family. There are many ways to seek out attention... this is just one of them. 

Yeah maybe in some case. But most of them going to be like that all they life! Coz it so permitted here. Only in asia that is "normal" behaviour for kids! It's normal kids try find they "thing" and boy few times make up or use mom clothes! But every day or try talk like woman/act like woman. Good can still stand and <deleted> same time if want!

I've said a million times, It can't be legalized because then the police might have to do some work, and the last reason the police exist for is to do any work. Say a john has a woman to his room and later discovers that something valuable is missing; he and she are engaged in an illegal activity, so he can't file a police report which would cause some cop to have to do some work. Various other scenarios are easily imaginable. 

15 minutes ago, Tounge Thaied said:

The young boy, acting as the ladyboy, is simply seeking attention. They are not getting enough love and attention from their home, from their parents, from their family. There are many ways to seek out attention... this is just one of them. 

Ladyboys are probably generated by environmental and genetic factors. There are villages south of Lamphun where the percentage of ladyboys is extraordinarily high, approaching 50% of the male population. Permit me to doubt they are all seeking attention.

It's not generally known areas such as Saraphi and around the Mae Moh lignite mine have atmospheric radon levels that are as high as any other hotspots in the world. No one knows what kind of mutations that is producing in the human genome.

Thailand is no different to other countries w.r.to the overall percentage of transgenders, about 0.3% of the population. It's just they are more visible here as part of the sex trade.

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Ladyboys are probably generated by environmental and genetic factors. There are villages south of Lamphun where the percentage of ladyboys is extraordinarily high, approaching 50% of the male population. Permit me to doubt they are all seeking attention.

It's not generally known areas such as Saraphi and around the Mae Moh lignite mine have atmospheric radon levels that are as high as any other hotspots in the world. No one knows what kind of mutations that is producing in the human genome.

Thailand is no different to other countries w.r.to the overall percentage of transgenders, about 0.3% of the population. It's just they are more visible here as part of the sex trade.

It's in the jeans 

4 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Said from the side of a male supporter for female prostitution. A victimless crime? How do you figure that?

Do you think all the girls you see in the bars in Pattaya, Bangkok and many other places in Thailand that offer the possibility to go with them (sex included) had that on their list of wishes in life? Are you sure that it´s a victimless crime just because they can´t report it or that they do not have any physical scars or marks? Hoe do you define a crime? Is that a person breaking the law or a person that causes harm to a victim according to your definitions?

In many cases the girls that offer this kind of services are young and lured by other friends into this business, with the promise of riches and a great life. Many use drugs to cope with their situation in life. many are also mentally unstable and easily falls into deep depression, but still with a smile on their face to the next customer.

Why do you think so many bargirls that offer prostitution comes form poor areas in Isaan and have poor education? They are of course victims because they are basically forced into this line of work out of the feeling of need to support their families. I am not saying that there are not girls working with prostitution that actually likes it and see it as the good part outweighs the bad. However, most a not comfortable with what they are doing and therefore they are victims without a real choice in life.

Even if you're right then decriminalisation is a first step. Only decriminalised sex workers would be able to sue someone. 

Edited by micmichd

That is how it should be! Decriminalize, not legalize! This has been called for by sex workers worldwide!  It's the best and sfest practice for all sex workers. Any other system is flaud and open to corruption or unsafe for the men and women in the trade. Good luck Thailand! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, baansgr said:

Why not get the absent Father's to pay child support so they don't have to go into prostituion....

The careless absent father might not have any money either. 

The father at first needs a job. In Chonburi's Eastern Economic Corridor or somewhere else. 

49 minutes ago, Tounge Thaied said:

The notion of gender identification is a very complex issue, and you have oversimplified a complex issue.
many younger people in western countries also identify at an early age with a gender different from the one assigned at birth.

How does gender identity develop in children?

Gender identity typically develops in stages:

• Around age two: Children become conscious of the physical differences between boys and girls.

• Before their third birthday: Most children can easily label themselves as either a boy or a girl.

• By age four: Most children have a stable sense of their gender identity.

During this same time of life, children learn gender role behavior—that is, do­ing "things that boys do" or "things that girls do." However, cross-gender preferences and play are a normal part of gender development and exploration regardless of their future gender identity. See The Power of Play - How Fun and Ga

The point is that all children tend to develop a clearer view of themselves and their gender over time. At any point, research suggests that children who assert a gender-diverse identity know their gender as clearly and consistently as their developmentally matched peers and benefit from the same level of support, love, and social acceptance.

www.healthychildren.org/English/ages-stages/gradeschool/Pages/Gender-Identity-and-Gender-Confusion-In-Children.aspxmes

• Like 1

13 hours ago, elliss said:

Sadly , i am tarred with the same brush ,

as you sexpats who visited Thailand for sex with lady , younger more .

My wife , is 5 years my elder ..

What do we have in common ?, 

No sex , no conversation ...

Thx , TVforum , and Kindle ..555

Hey, it is your fate. You chose it. Nobody twisted your arm, and you did it voluntarily. From my point of view, I do not understand why someone would marry someone their same age or older, unless there were no other options.

But, that is just me! I find most older women here to be overly opinionated, closed minded, fairly inflexible, very conservative, and less fun! And less attractive!

• Sad 1

Great topic. Nothing but upside for both the women and society, in the legalization of this. It keeps the local franchisees and their greedy hands (the cops) out of the game. It allows these women to make a living, without fear of prosecution, and it is an admission of how vast and omnipresent the industry is here. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Hardly a victimless crime. Most if not all sex workers are either forced into it by traffickers or suffering mental illness. A woman doesn't have to sell her body to make money here. And the ones that have children are teaching them that being a whore is okay. A lot of prostitutes are forced into depraved acts, beaten and killed every year. Spreading diseases isn't victimless either. Of course a lot of officials either partake in the trade, or are benefitting by it, so there's money to be made. The only ones that would okay a petition are the ones that are buying women, and contributing to this act. How many children are created by sex from a prostitute? Where are the fathers? Back home in a foreign land contributing nothing to the development of the child. Of course, here there are millions of fatherless children because of the amount of cheating that goes on, and the fact that the sperm donors aren't held accountable for their actions, and the women think that their men will be there for them after the baby is born. A tad off topic,but the result the same. Hardly a victimless crime, prostitution.

+

I was a victim of prostitution, I was charged too much 

• Haha 2

Will never be legalized in TH. To much tea money for police in the game. And I have yet to meet one bar girl who was forced to work in the bar. 99% choose it over working in factory or on the farm. They like easy life, drinking at night, partying in a  search for naive sugar daddy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, micmichd said:

Even if you're right then decriminalisation is a first step. Only decriminalised sex workers would be able to sue someone. 

Why is that? If she said no, and consider herself raped, then she can sue a person for that. However, her trust index will not be as high as it was if it was decriminalised. So, there you have a point.

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Men have a nice steady rise and decline of testosterone throughout their life, nothing to influence mood. Every month, women have estrogen fluctuations that can be as bad as a Richter 7 earthquake. Then there's post-partum depression, and the fluctuations of menopause.

I think if I had to put up with that much s##t, I'd be a bit doolally too.

I'd give it a go in return for the free houses, welfare, never having to work, pensions and sex whenever I felt like it.

Edited by BritManToo

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Bar girls have the option of refusing a client if he is too drunk, sweaty or aggressive.

Most women I've met appear to prefer violent drunks for sex.

You might be right about sweaty but it's nothing the 'before' shower can't cure.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Hey, totally irrelevant! Nobody enforce those rules and laws anyway. Why would they think that a new law would be different? :cheesy::cheesy:

"Nobody enforce those rules and laws anyway."  Somebody must be, there were 24000 prosecutions and people fined last year for prostitution.

But I do agree that prostitution should be made legal as long as no one is forced to do anything against their will, and there is no underage sex involved.

9 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

"Nobody enforce those rules and laws anyway."  Somebody must be, there were 24000 prosecutions and people fined last year for prostitution.

But I do agree that prostitution should be made legal as long as no one is forced to do anything against their will, and there is no underage sex involved.

Probably ten times as many traffic tickets written, does that mean traffic laws are being enforced?