Thailand's sex workers petition to decriminalise prostitution

snoop1130

9 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I never said it wasn't for money also, as is all marriages. I see many gorgeous women here with obese and heavy drinkers who do nothing to either help around the house or at the family farm, buying their wives with money and content to have sex with a younger women that has no moral compass also. Most women want someone to take care of them, even if they make their own or more money themselves. All the other women in my life were younger also, some as much as 20 years, which is close to the gap of my wife and I. They weren't with me because of money, as I've never had money to burn. And I did have custody of all of my children, which should tell you something about some of the bad choices I've made with yes, immoral, disturbed women, and also my character.This was in the US, where it's hard to get custody if you're  a man. I don't speak Thai much at all. And I consider myself average looking, although I've been told otherwise here and also there. I'm 64, wife 41,if you need to know. I believe your thinking is skewed. You have told us you didn't fight for your children and they don't talk to you because you haven't contacted them. This and all the women you've been with here are paid for. Do you suppose your thinking is based on your experiences and not others?

You talk a fair bit about moral compasses, without knowing anything of the circumstances of other posters. And I daresay if the research you speak of was checked out, it would be heavily biased because it is generated by religious organisations and the UN, who have a vested interest in bad news.

Coincidentally, the age difference between me and my Thai GF of seven years is exactly the same as you and your Thai wife. I have taken the trouble to learn to speak with her in Thai, so I'd like to know who made you a judge in Israel.

Let me introduce you to some Australian idiom: wowser. Now nicky woop.

Just now, scammed said:

im not for the profession, just accepting it is around

and think corruption will go down if its legalized.

overpopulation is not my problem and if the land can support

the weight then there is no overpopulation.

yes i had std and thats just another reason to not have anything to do with woman, i still think it should be legalized to reduce corruption.

no i have never raised a child, let alone as a prostitute,

i maintain i want it legalized though, for the purpose of reducing the rampant corruption in thailand.

implode ? wut m8 ?

coming back to your delusion that

traffickers sent them to work as a prostitute,

you are dead wrong about that as far as thailand is concerned, they do it from economic reasons alone, those reasons may vary but its all down to economic reasons

Making it legal will save some corruption, and maybe some lives, which isn't a bad thing. But being dead wrong about trafficking here? Bangkok, and Thailand, because of the corruption, is one of the biggest trafficking places on earth, and the traffickers job is to recruit, by force, young girls and boys to be sold. Trafficking, as I stated, is but one of the reasons women, and men, get into the trade. Economic reasons might be a large part here because of the overpopulation and lack of jobs, but mental illness, child abuse, trafficking and immorality are also factors, and you don't have to sell your body to support yourself.

Just now, Lacessit said:

You talk a fair bit about moral compasses, without knowing anything of the circumstances of other posters. And I daresay if the research you speak of was checked out, it would be heavily biased because it is generated by religious organisations and the UN, who have a vested interest in bad news.

Coincidentally, the age difference between me and my Thai GF of seven years is exactly the same as you and your Thai wife. I have taken the trouble to learn to speak with her in Thai, so I'd like to know who made you a judge in Israel.

Let me introduce you to some Australian idiom: wowser. Now nicky woop.

I'm 23 years older than my wife, not seven. I reply based on my research of facts, and they aren't just religious based but medical. I don't have to know the circumstances of other posters. How they reply tells some of their stories, as it does mine. My wife speaks English pretty well, but the difference between pretty well and well does cause some troubles, as does being raised in a neglectful atmosphere and being used by locals here. When you only know one thing all your life, and it's not a good thing, sometimes good is foreign to you and you can't relate.

35 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

you don't have to sell your body to support yourself.

that is true even in thailand, but many opt to do it,

for starters the pay is greater then their education

and energy is called for, and there is not much of a stigma around to counter as negative, the stigma and practicality

of being poor simply count more, here in thailand.

it is also peculiar that they seem to fear covid 19 virus but not the endless STD transmittable viruses around.

i just recalled i met a girl who had worked in a bar, but she had changed profession due to

health concerns, no, not STD's, but from passive smoking

Edited by scammed

54,683 have become alcoholics because they must drink with farang

87,234 have gotten diseases

11,924 have AIDS, most will die

8,292 have killed themselves after fat farang treats them bad

sooo IRONIC when the drunk old farang goes to bar and talks about how to help people in the world, as they make a 20-year old girl drink whisky and destroy her body and mind.......these farangs think these girls .... oh wait, they never think about these girls.

should all be run by the government.  

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

Making it legal will save some corruption, and maybe some lives, which isn't a bad thing. But being dead wrong about trafficking here? Bangkok, and Thailand, because of the corruption, is one of the biggest trafficking places on earth, and the traffickers job is to recruit, by force, young girls and boys to be sold. Trafficking, as I stated, is but one of the reasons women, and men, get into the trade. Economic reasons might be a large part here because of the overpopulation and lack of jobs, but mental illness, child abuse, trafficking and immorality are also factors, and you don't have to sell your body to support yourself.

Wrong. 

1. They don't sell their bodies, they rent their bodies for a certain time. Like all workers do. 

2. Many (if not all) do it for their children, just because they are careful mothers and want a better life for their kids. Wouldn't every good mother in the world do the same? 

Edited by micmichd

On 9/22/2020 at 6:04 PM, RotBenz8888 said:

Of course. If it was legalized, it would be more difficult to milk money(and free service...) from the sex workers. 

And of course, this is why it is not legal yet.  Same as pot.  Bribes and prisons are better for "the economy" than freedom and safety.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, micmichd said:

Wrong. 

1. They don't sell their bodies, they rent their bodies for a certain time. Like all workers do. 

2. Many (if not all) do it for their children, just because they are careful mothers and want a better life for their kids. Wouldn't every good mother in the world do the same? 

No, most "good" mothers would find a better job. Some, not many, do it for their children because they either don't know a better way, or have been abused as children themselves and think it's normal. A careful mother doesn't expose herself to more than one man at a time. Promiscuity has a price. So does prostitution. Renting or selling, it's all the same. Traffickers sell women to people, women put a price on sharing their bodies with men who can't get women the normal way.

Edited by fredwiggy

20 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

No, most "good" mothers would find a better job. Some, not many, do it for their children because they either don't know a better way, or have been abused as children themselves and think it's normal. A careful mother doesn't expose herself to more than one man at a time. Promiscuity has a price. So does prostitution. Renting or selling, it's all the same. Traffickers sell women to people, women put a price on sharing their bodies with men who can't get women the normal way.

Then is now up to you for charity. 

Promise to pay education for the poor single mum's education and keep your promises. 

Otherwise you'll face a nanny state here in Thailand like in the UK where they tax away 40 pct of your income. 

If you don't do it for your favourite bargirl and her kid then at least do it for your own future. 

2 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Seriously. Do you actually have any viable evidence from verifiable sources to back up your statements?

The UK had some busts a few years ago, rescuing trafficked girls. East Europeans, mainly Romanians. One was located on a main road into Birmingham. These girls were promised good jobs as nannies, maids, waitresses etc. 

These scams operate in most countries. Economic exploitation of the poor by criminal gangs. Therefore poor countries in Europe, Africa, Asian and the Americas are at risk of such trafficking and exploitation. 

Why do you see this as only a major problem here, when it's world wide? I have seen no credible evidence to suggest Thailand is involved in the big way you suggest.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

That's partially true. 

Entertainment, including sexual entertainment, has been around since the dawn of mankind. Religious fanatics and women empowerment fanatics support it's oppression. (Maybe religions were opposed because of the health risks which were less controllable and treatable in the past? Religions all have a social behavior control aspect). 

Enlightened countries, such as Germany, The Netherlands, New Zealand, have legalized sex entertainment. This takes the criminal element out by taking away their market place. And recognizes this isn't going to disappear. 

Others like the UK, have laws, but selectively enforce them. Different police force authorities in the UK have different attitudes which is rather ludicrous. Other countries also have laws, but tolerate within reason.

The US of course, being the US, uses their laws for entrapment. Trafficking is a big problem their, surprise surprise.

Oddly, Sweden and France have tightened their laws against sex workers and their clients. In response to the powerful women's empowerment movements there.

You seem to categorize all sexual entertainment as seedy, economic desperate loose women selling their bodies to desperate sexually starved perverts. Rather than the entertainment of places such as Cowboy and Nana.  That speaks volumes of your world views.

Do you also categorize alcohol drinkers as socially deprived individuals who squander the family money on the evil drink?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ventenio said:

54,683 have become alcoholics because they must drink with farang

87,234 have gotten diseases

11,924 have AIDS, most will die

8,292 have killed themselves after fat farang treats them bad

sooo IRONIC when the drunk old farang goes to bar and talks about how to help people in the world, as they make a 20-year old girl drink whisky and destroy her body and mind.......these farangs think these girls .... oh wait, they never think about these girls.

should all be run by the government.  

What a load of tosh. 

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

Seriously. Do you actually have any viable evidence from verifiable sources to back up your statements?

The UK had some busts a few years ago, rescuing trafficked girls. East Europeans, mainly Romanians. One was located on a main road into Birmingham. These girls were promised good jobs as nannies, maids, waitresses etc. 

These scams operate in most countries. Economic exploitation of the poor by criminal gangs. Therefore poor countries in Europe, Africa, Asian and the Americas are at risk of such trafficking and exploitation. 

Why do you see this as only a major problem here, when it's world wide? I have seen no credible evidence to suggest Thailand is involved in the big way you suggest.

I don't post without some proof. If you have a computer, and understand google, you can find many resources. It is a major problem worldwide.................https://ecpat.exposure.co/thailand?utm_source=Website&utm_medium=Blog&utm_campaign=Trafficking in Thailand

10 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I don't post without some proof. If you have a computer, and understand google, you can find many resources. It is a major problem worldwide.................https://ecpat.exposure.co/thailand?utm_source=Website&utm_medium=Blog&utm_campaign=Trafficking in Thailand

Thinking you can do worthwhile research using a computer at home, is about as daft as believing you can communicate with a higher being. ......... No wait ................

Edited by BritManToo

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

That's partially true. 

Entertainment, including sexual entertainment, has been around since the dawn of mankind. Religious fanatics and women empowerment fanatics support it's oppression. (Maybe religions were opposed because of the health risks which were less controllable and treatable in the past? Religions all have a social behavior control aspect). 

Enlightened countries, such as Germany, The Netherlands, New Zealand, have legalized sex entertainment. This takes the criminal element out by taking away their market place. And recognizes this isn't going to disappear. 

Others like the UK, have laws, but selectively enforce them. Different police force authorities in the UK have different attitudes which is rather ludicrous. Other countries also have laws, but tolerate within reason.

The US of course, being the US, uses their laws for entrapment. Trafficking is a big problem their, surprise surprise.

Oddly, Sweden and France have tightened their laws against sex workers and their clients. In response to the powerful women's empowerment movements there.

You seem to categorize all sexual entertainment as seedy, economic desperate loose women selling their bodies to desperate sexually starved perverts. Rather than the entertainment of places such as Cowboy and Nana.  That speaks volumes of your world views.

Do you also categorize alcohol drinkers as socially deprived individuals who squander the family money on the evil drink?

I'm always surprised when some people can assume such things from a few words in a forum. If you would have read what I posted, you would see that I listed at least five reasons for people getting into the sex trade. I've been around a long time, in many states and a few countries, lived close to major cities like New York, Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, and have seen this for all of my life, by news, reading constantly, hearing it first hand, and by forums such as these, where many are ill informed guessers, that have been passed information by the same. Here in the kingdom, there is more corruption per capita than the US. Sure, everywhere officials turn the other way where money is involved, but here, in a country where salaries are much lower, the temptation is ever greater to take bribes. I've seen this in Mexico also, where a few pesos can get your car through the checkpoints and where others vehicles are literally torn apart to check for contraband. I drink wine and the occasional beer, and had an extensive wine collection before I moved here. A responsible drinker since the last time I got drunk at age 20. Each situation in drinking is different. Some do squander their family money on alcohol. Some are rich and drink constantly, having money for everything else. Some are homeless and use whatever money they can get on booze. Then some are alcoholics, a disease, and do whatever they can to get that drink. I don't categorize anyone. Prostitution will never go away, because some men can't get sex without paying, and some are sexual predators and deviants, and use the prostitution as fuel, not caring what they do to a prostitute because they look at them as objects. Some like to cheat on their wives, because their wives don't give them any, maybe because they don't treat them well. Some aren't married, but too busy in their work to chase a regular woman, and will pay for un-attached sex. Some just like sex, and don't want to bother with having a girlfriend. When you get older, you're supposed to be more moral, and not less. Some comments here show that they are for prostitution, and that shows what they think of women. If people didn't pay for it, it wouldn't happen. and the women, and men, would have to get a regular job to support themselves. Yes, I'm a Christian, and frown on the trade. Not just because it's against what God wants, but because it only brings hurt ,diseases, fear, anxiety, low self esteem and death to the practitioners. If anyone tells you they're happy "renting" their bodies to many buyers, they're lying. That's just a learned behavior, a lot of which comes from mental illnesses, abuse or neglect.

Just now, BritManToo said:

Thinking you can do worthwhile research using a computer at home, is about as daft as believing you can communicate with a higher being. ......... No wait ................

Where do you get your extensive knowledge from? High School grad, listening to others around the bar and grill, or assumptions based on your experience? I get mine from online, reading many books on psychology and mental illnesses and listening to many others opinions, before understanding what the real truth is. And my communication with God is by prayer and talking. You get answers opening your mind to the knowledge that's already there inside you. And by faith. That's another topic anyway. You aren't a believer in God, but science. as you've stated before. Do you read books based on scientific evidence, go to lectures, or gather the information online? Or just guess? Another link, just for you.....................https://www.nationthailand.com/national/30351252

Edited by fredwiggy

10 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

Can someone provide the locations where the local men go?

Just look for a string of fairy lights outside a premises operating as a "karaoke bar".  You'll find them in every provincial Thai town; or a gaudy place advertising "entertainment and massage", which you'll find in all larger Thai towns and cities.

Hope this helps.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I find it interesting many religious bodies are opposed to the legalization or even decriminalization of prostitution, but at the same time have been frantically covering up sexual abuse and pedophilia that has gone on for decades if not centuries in their own ranks. The moral high horse is looking somewhat spavined.

• Like 2

Just now, Lacessit said:

I find it interesting many religious bodies are opposed to the legalization or even decriminalization of prostitution, but at the same time have been frantically covering up sexual abuse and pedophilia that has gone on for decades if not centuries in their own ranks. The moral high horse is looking somewhat spavined.

Even worse is the foreign religious guys that bought themselves a young Thai wife then speak out against prostitution.

42 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Even worse is the foreign religious guys that bought themselves a young Thai wife then speak out against prostitution.

You really believe that hypocrisy is worse than actual child sex abuse and paedophilia in religious organisations? ????

Edited by brewsterbudgen

20 hours ago, Lacessit said:

In Chiang Mai, there is a big karaoke nightclub. As a Thai woman drily explained to me, it's known for karaoke with options. The nightclub is owned by a VERY senior policeman in Chiang Mai.

I don't know if you know of the Thermae in Bangkok. First opened in 1967, it catered to farangs, and was essentially a market for street-walkers, so they didn't have to walk the streets (very hazardous in those days with the military dictatorship). I don't know the truth of it, but the accepted wisdom was that it was owned by high ranking police officers at the Lumphini Station. I know for a couple of years in the '90s there was a Police Captain there every night, acting as if he was a manager. The original had a massage parlor on the second floor, a barber shop with lady barbers on the ground floor, and the coffee shop in the basement. Although it was named as a coffee shop, they sold beer and liquor as well, and food. Fascinating place. It was said that if you wanted a sixty-year-old woman with an eye patch and a wooden leg you could find her in the Thermae. It was compared to the alien bar in the original Star Wars movie. Some of the women were quite attractive, though. I don't know if it's still there (Sukhumwit between Soi 13 and Soi 15, IIRC).

3 minutes ago, Acharn said:

I don't know if you know of the Thermae in Bangkok. First opened in 1967, it catered to farangs, and was essentially a market for street-walkers, so they didn't have to walk the streets (very hazardous in those days with the military dictatorship). I don't know the truth of it, but the accepted wisdom was that it was owned by high ranking police officers at the Lumphini Station. I know for a couple of years in the '90s there was a Police Captain there every night, acting as if he was a manager. The original had a massage parlor on the second floor, a barber shop with lady barbers on the ground floor, and the coffee shop in the basement. Although it was named as a coffee shop, they sold beer and liquor as well, and food. Fascinating place. It was said that if you wanted a sixty-year-old woman with an eye patch and a wooden leg you could find her in the Thermae. It was compared to the alien bar in the original Star Wars movie. Some of the women were quite attractive, though. I don't know if it's still there (Sukhumwit between Soi 13 and Soi 15, IIRC).

I am totally unfamiliar with the Bangkok scene, so interesting information, thanks.

Personally, if I wanted a woman with an eyepatch and a wooden leg, I'd prefer a thirty-year-old.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Funny how the weirdos stick together and assume they know what others are doing in their lives. Hypocritical to admit paying for most of the women in your life, and all of those here, and then say someone has bought a Thai wife just because they pay for everything. And labeling someone religious because they believe in God. Speaking out against prostitution because it's a degrading, objectifying, disease carrying occupation is necessary to start the elimination of it, and getting people back to family values, the loss of which is the slow destruction of our planet. Sex is a God given pleasure, to be shared between two people that love each other and are faithful. It isn't prudish to suggest that sex has been degraded to a slimy act for usually a man's pleasure, and that millions of unwanted children are created from the act. Even if you aren't a believer in God, anyone with any sense can see it's the cause of the main problem on earth. Overpopulation. Sex is a beautiful thing, but those that lower it to an act where someone is used, abused, degraded, or seen as an object for their pleasure are very disturbed individuals. Consensual sex outside of marriage isn't the problem. And instead of being a coward, come out and say to whom you are referring. There are quite a few "foreign religious guys" here, but you and a few others are the only ones that are buying women wholesale.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

and getting people back to family values,

They're gone for good matey, when you give women choices they never choose family values.

I also long for the good old days, where you could marry a woman and impregnate her until she died.

Saw a Mormon family at immigration of Friday, Young guy, his wife, and their 6 kids, a year between them, I'd be up for that. 

Edited by BritManToo