Any Accountants Here?

Hi,

I've been operating a number of internet-related businesses for the last few years and think it's about time I formalize things.

I am looking for an English speaking accountant with MYOB AccountEdge 2007 experience to set up my accounting system and to provide me with ongoing assistance as I learn to use it.

If anybody is able to help please get in touch.

Best wishes,

Martin

If your business is "official" -- Thai company, registered / ordinary partnership, or sole proprietorship -- you'll need MYOB Premier for multicurrency, VAT, withholding taxes, etc. I have a lot experience setting up the Australian version to meet Thai requirements, including payroll and e-commerce package interfaces, for Internet business that processes thousands of orders per month. But if your business is "under the radar", just use whatever MYOB version you have to satisfy your own requirements.

If your business is "official" -- Thai company, registered / ordinary partnership, or sole proprietorship -- you'll need MYOB Premier for multicurrency, VAT, withholding taxes, etc. I have a lot experience setting up the Australian version to meet Thai requirements, including payroll and e-commerce package interfaces, for Internet business that processes thousands of orders per month. But if your business is "under the radar", just use whatever MYOB version you have to satisfy your own requirements.

Thanks all for being so helpful. I wonder if anybody could give me some insight as to the best way of proceeding ...

I plan on registering my business. I'm not a great lover of paying taxes however I do need registration to give my business credibility when dealing with clients overseas. It's now important for me to have a proof of earnings as I'm recently married and will be looking for a joint mortgage in Thailand this year.

I operate many websites which do not trade in Thailand however I have 2 businesses whereby I make purchases from Thailand to sell retail and wholesale overseas.

Does anybody know whether it's actually necessary to register my business in Thailand at all? I'm here quite comfortably on a valid visa right now and most of my current income does not come from Thailand at all. The alternative is to register as a US (Nevada) corporation which has huge tax benefits but I'm not certain how it might affect my position when applying for a joint mortgage.

Sorry to move the thread off-topic a little but it's my thread anyway :o)

Best wishes,

Martin