Conversion/1st report within 45 days?

Hello, just moved back and entered 31 August on ME Non-O family/spouse (I lived here years ago on a Ed visa, so much different now). I originally planned to exit/reenter (Currently not a good plan) or go to CW every 85 days or so.  I assumed, just go CW late November and report/extend.  Wife now informs me that I have to go within first 45 days for first report/conversion (Extension) or will only have the option to leave/reenter at 90 days.  I have read a few comments alluding to such as well, but can anyone clarify? 

Also, would it be better and would it be harder to get the extension based Solely on our child? 

Thank you!

You can only extend your entry for 60 days to visit your wife or a one year extension based upon marriage.

The one year extension requires 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months on the day you apply or proof of 40k baht income.

There is no minimum number days to apply for a extension other than the last day of your permit to stay.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can only extend your entry for 60 days to visit your wife or a one year extension based upon marriage.

The one year extension requires 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months on the day you apply or proof of 40k baht income.

There is no minimum number days to apply for a extension other than the last day of your permit to stay.

Thanks Ubon - I’m in the same situation. 

Arrived in Thailand on 20th July - Non-Immigrant Type O (Single 90 day entry). 

Visa expires on 17th October. 

(There was some contradictory information in the duplicate thread you just closed)

Am I correct in understanding that I can go to Chaeng Wattana Division 1 Immigration and apply for a 12 month extension based own Marriage as late as 17th Oct ???

I’d plan to go a day or two earlier.

Documents required: 

1. Visa Extension Form (TM.7)
2. Copy of Passport & Non-Immigrant Visa Page
3. Marriage Certificate (Thai)
4. Wife’s ID card (Thai)
5. Wife’s Tabien Bann (Blue house book)
6. *Bank Book (with >400k for more than 2 months) 

7. Map to Home (google Maps A4 print out)
8. Family Photo (in front of house, inside house)

*is the Bank Book sufficient - or does there need to be a letter from the bank showing stating the amount has been n the account for over 2 months and was transferred from overseas?

Any documents I’m missing ?

38 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Am I correct in understanding that I can go to Chaeng Wattana Division 1 Immigration and apply for a 12 month extension based own Marriage as late as 17th Oct ???

You can if needed. But best to go earlier incase the want something you don't have.

You need a letter from the bank confirming you account and the balance on the day you apply. The prefer it is done on the day you apply but will accept one done the day before. Your bank book has to be updated on the day you apply.

You need a recent printout of your Kor Ror 2 marriage registry that can be requested or at any Amphoe or Khet.

Here is my general list of documents and etc. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/24/2020 at 1:02 PM, ubonjoe said:

You can if needed. But best to go earlier incase the want something you don't have.

You need a letter from the bank confirming you account and the balance on the day you apply. The prefer it is done on the day you apply but will accept one done the day before. Your bank book has to be updated on the day you apply.

You need a recent printout of your Kor Ror 2 marriage registry that can be requested or at any Amphoe or Khet.

Here is my general list of documents and etc. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

Thank you again Ubonjoe... 

Another question adding some complexity.

When I apply for for the 12 Month extension, as I understand it I first receive an ‘under consideration’ stamp (30 days I believe). 

During the ‘under consideration period’ I may have to travel overseas for a couple of months. How would this impact the extension application? i.e. Would the Extension application become ‘void’ because my possibly return in a couple of months is effect outdating the ‘under consideration period’ ?

In this case I am assuming I can apply for the Non-Immigrant Type O visa from overseas before returning?

Is there any limit on the amount on Non-Imm Type O visas (single entry 90 day) issued to a person in any one year?

Alternatively, is there anyway to ’speed up’ the ‘under consideration’ period so that I can obtain the 12month extensions before departure and simply apply for a re-entry permit as I depart Thailand?

---

I’ve always been on the Elite Visa which is so much simpler !!! - However, under Emergency Decree the return of Thai Elite Visa holders is somewhat sketchy. Perhaps that will all change in a couple of months anyway, but at the moment the 12month extensions based on Marriage seems more ‘powerful’ and thus preferable. 

23 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

During the ‘under consideration period’ I may have to travel overseas for a couple of months. How would this impact the extension application? i.e. Would the Extension application become ‘void’ because my possibly return in a couple of months is effect outdating the ‘under consideration period’ ?

I would be canceled if you did not return within a few days of the report back date.

In this case I am assuming I can apply for the Non-Immigrant Type O visa from overseas before returning?

Is there any limit on the amount on Non-Imm Type O visas (single entry 90 day) issued to a person in any one year?

There is no limit on the number of non-o visas you can apply for.

Alternatively, is there anyway to ’speed up’ the ‘under consideration’ period so that I can obtain the 12month extensions before departure and simply apply for a re-entry permit as I depart Thailand?

You could request the office where you applied at inquire about it and try to get it done sooner.

I’ve always been on the Elite Visa which is so much simpler !!! - However, under Emergency Decree the return of Thai Elite Visa holders is somewhat sketchy.

Some embassies will issue a certificate of entry solely based upon being married to a Thai. They do not care what type of visa or extension you have other than a tourist visa.

The rules do not for issuing them do not state it has to be a specific type of visa from what I have read. 

• Thanks 1