Which bus/minibus is operating Pattaya -> Bangkok now?

nemo38

9 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I went to Bangkok today, North Pattaya Bus station, to Ekkamai 119 baht then get the BTS to wherever. starts 4.30am

I took that bus the other way a couple of weeks ago & planning to take it back to Ekkamai on Monday, did you happen to notice what time it is running (usually ever 1-2 hours but no idea at the moment).

Edited by Mike Teavee

38 minutes ago, nemo38 said:

Do you know of any bus/minibus services that are running?

If you mean the Kamikazes, I seen them at the bus station on Nua Road, I was also told that at the gas station on Sukhumvit near Klang they have minibuses go to Ekamai

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

I took that bus the other way a couple of weeks ago & planning to take it back to Ekkamai on Monday, did you happen to notice what time it is running (usually ever 1-2 hours but no idea at the moment).

Every 30 minutes, return is every hour. Used it last week

Edited by Susco
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

I think hourly, but their website is usually updated so worth a check. Last one today back to Pattaya was 8pm I noticed

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nemo38 said:

Do you know of any bus/minibus services that are running?

Depending on where you are in Pattaya and your final destination, the airport bus to BKK from Jomtien outside Foodmart. Leaves at 9am, 12 noon, 3pm and 6pm. Then a train to wherever. You can book the day before (used to be 3 days).

14 hours ago, doctormann said:

Try this one:  http://pattayabus.com/V2/en/home/

This is the service from Pattaya Nua to Ekkamai or Mo Chit.

Not sure if they are running the service at present, because of COVID but it's probably worth a try.

The Reung Ruen bus services from the North Rd bus station are running. Just turn up in the morning and usually on the way within the hour.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

21 hours ago, potless said:

Depending on where you are in Pattaya and your final destination, the airport bus to BKK from Jomtien outside Foodmart. Leaves at 9am, 12 noon, 3pm and 6pm. Then a train to wherever. You can book the day before (used to be 3 days).

Yep..9-12-and 3pm...to Swamppy...I wish that I had gone to north station, then mor chit, but it was there at Food land, ready to roll.

• Like 2

Which Bangkok bus stop is closest to Nana/Soi Cowboy?

I have to meet people in both Nana and Soi Cowboy. I am thinking of staying at Alt Nana, which is nice but very cheap. It is between those two.

I'm flying out tomorrow night at 7:25pm. So I was thinking of taking, say, the 9am bus. Then a taxi to Alt-nana, take care of business (not sexual), and thence a taxi to the airport from Alt-nana about 3pm.

18 minutes ago, nemo38 said:

Which Bangkok bus stop is closest to Nana/Soi Cowboy?

I have to meet people in both Nana and Soi Cowboy. I am thinking of staying at Alt Nana, which is nice but very cheap. It is between those two.

I'm flying out tomorrow night at 7:25pm. So I was thinking of taking, say, the 9am bus. Then a taxi to Alt-nana, take care of business (not sexual), and thence a taxi to the airport from Alt-nana about 3pm.

If you take the Ekamai bus from North Pattaya at 8;30 am, you pass Udom Suk BTS around 10:30 and can take the BTS to Asoke (next to Cowboy) or Nana. Udom Suk at 11:30 if you take the 9:30 bus. Arrive at the bus station at least 10 minutes before the scheduled bus departure. It sometimes leaves a few minutes early. Note that you must stay on the bus to Ekamai if you have stored luggage, as you can only alight at Udom Suk with hand luggage. This adds an indeterminate amount of time to the trip as the bus creeps along Sukhumvit.

There are other options, and you might consider them if leaving from Jomtien or South Pattaya, but the above is what I recommend.

Edited by BritTim
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Note that you must stay on the bus to Ekamai if you have stored luggage, as you can only alight at Udom Suk with hand luggage.

And tell the driver before you set off that you want to get off there as he won't stop if not told in advance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

If you take the Ekamai bus from North Pattaya at 8;30 am, you pass Udom Suk BTS around 10:30 and can take the BTS to Asoke (next to Cowboy) or Nana. Udom Suk at 11:30 if you take the 9:30 bus. Arrive at the bus station at least 10 minutes before the scheduled bus departure. It sometimes leaves a few minutes early. Note that you must stay on the bus to Ekamai if you have stored luggage, as you can only alight at Udom Suk with hand luggage. This adds an indeterminate amount of time to the trip as the bus creeps along Sukhumvit.

There are other options, and you might consider them if leaving from Jomtien or South Pattaya, but the above is what I recommend.

I have luggage. Now I think about it, I'd be paying for a taxi from Central pattaya, where my Condo is, to the bus. Then a taxi from Ekamai to Alt nana. 150 (guess) + 119 + 200 ? = about 500?

I can get a taxi from Pattaya to my hotel in Bangkok for 1000 now days. I am just thinking this through. It used to be an easy proposition when they picked you up and then dropped you off at your hotel.

19 minutes ago, nemo38 said:

I can get a taxi from Pattaya to my hotel in Bangkok for 1000 now days. I am just thinking this through. It used to be an easy proposition when they picked you up and then dropped you off at your hotel

Mr T’a Taxi was the cheapest I could find at 1,300 to On Nut.

1 minute ago, Mike Teavee said:

Mr T’a Taxi was the cheapest I could find at 1,300 to On Nut.

My brother took one from central Pattaya to Survanabaum for 1000 a couple of months ago.

or is Bangkok city further? I can't remember. I normally take the bus.

34 minutes ago, nemo38 said:

My brother took one from central Pattaya to Survanabaum for 1000 a couple of months ago.

or is Bangkok city further? I can't remember. I normally take the bus.

Yes, Bangkok is quite a bit further, taxi drivers we asked have quoted 1,500 & 1,800.  The Limo Pattaya quoted 1,600 & Mr T quoted 1,300

Taxi to North Pattaya bus station is going to be around 2-300 THB. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nemo38 said:

I have luggage. Now I think about it, I'd be paying for a taxi from Central pattaya, where my Condo is, to the bus. Then a taxi from Ekamai to Alt nana. 150 (guess) + 119 + 200 ? = about 500?

I can get a taxi from Pattaya to my hotel in Bangkok for 1000 now days. I am just thinking this through. It used to be an easy proposition when they picked you up and then dropped you off at your hotel.

The taxi from Ekamai (with luggage, you probably do not want to use the BTS or a bus) will greatly depend on the traffic, but should be about 70-100 baht using the meter,

If taking a taxi all the way from Pattaya (which can be very quick) ensure in your negotiations all the toll roads that speed up the journey will be taken, and decide who will be paying the tolls.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BritTim said:

The taxi from Ekamai (with luggage, you probably do not want to use the BTS or a bus) will greatly depend on the traffic, but should be about 70-100 baht using the meter,

If taking a taxi all the way from Pattaya (which can be very quick) ensure in your negotiations all the toll roads that speed up the journey will be taken, and decide who will be paying the tolls.

Just confirmed with Mr T that it’s 1,300 from Pattaya to Bangkok which includes all tolls 

https://mrtpattayataxi.com/

Edited by Mike Teavee

Someone else mentioned getting a big discount from a cabbie coming back to BKK.  There were a few hanging out right by the busses at Foodland, trying to intercept bus riders...I almost wish that I had made a low-ball offer...but it always seems to turn into an almost argument, and that is why I avoid them unless absolutely necessary..no matter how much extra THB may be burning a hole in my pocket.  Noon on a Friday?  They need to get the heck outta there and get back to the Mango..I am fairly confident they would have done it for 500, inclusive of all tolls, and that would be in the SUV...

Edited by moontang