Non Immigrant 'o' Marriage Visa - Help!

Hello,

Just wondering if someone can help. Here is my situation.

Live and work in Phuket.

Have own company and work permit.

27 years old

recently married to Thai

Currently on a 1 year Non 'B' (issued in the UK)

monthly income 47'000 Baht (Combined) I make tax payments on a salary of 35'000 and my wife on 12'000 Baht.

I would like to get a 1 year 'O' Visa. I am going to Malaysia in May/June, what do I need exactly to get this visa? Is it best to do in KL or Penang? I have read that we just need marriage certificate, tax payment proof, work permit, passport, photo, Thai ID card, house registration, money. Is that it, as I don't won't to arrive and be told I need more papers.

If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated. If i only get a 90 day visa, can I have this extended in Phuket/Bangkok to a 1 year?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Hello,

Just wondering if someone can help. Here is my situation.

Live and work in Phuket.

Have own company and work permit.

27 years old

recently married to Thai

Currently on a 1 year Non 'B' (issued in the UK)

monthly income 47'000 Baht (Combined) I make tax payments on a salary of 35'000 and my wife on 12'000 Baht.

I would like to get a 1 year 'O' Visa. I am going to Malaysia in May/June, what do I need exactly to get this visa? Is it best to do in KL or Penang? I have read that we just need marriage certificate, tax payment proof, work permit, passport, photo, Thai ID card, house registration, money. Is that it, as I don't won't to arrive and be told I need more papers.

If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated. If i only get a 90 day visa, can I have this extended in Phuket/Bangkok to a 1 year?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

I think you can apply to immigration for an extension on grounds of marriage to Thai without having to apply out of country.

Experts willtell you the details of the paperwork needed.

If you go the visa route, it is easy to get a single entry Non Im O in Penang showing marriage certificate. KL is said to give multi one year

But even with a visa you then need to apply for the extension in Thailand

With over 40k family income you should be able to extend your stay on a yearly basis at an Immigration office. This will also allow you to obtain work permits for that period rather than renew every 90 days. Seems as if that should be your goal. I would visit Immigration with with and they should have printout of exactly what documents you will need.

If you just want a multi entry visa only KL is likely to issue. Singapore will normally issue if you can show bank account of 400k or more.

The requirement for 400K in a Thai bank for at least 3 months is no longer enforced AFAIK.

The rule now is 40K verifiable monthly income.

But I would do it if possible just because the individual at Immigration will be used to seeing that.

You need a letter from the bank stating your balance [~200 baht] in addtion to your bankbook and copies.

This is a safe precation to make it go smoothly.

Also do not be surprised if they only give you 30 days on the Non Imm O Thai wife and make you return once or twice before granting the full year. They did this to me in my 2nd year here in Bangkok.

I think you may need to change the Non Imm B to Non Imm O first and that can be done at Suan Plu in Bkk. Don't know about Phuket.

Edited by paulfr

With over 40k family income you should be able to extend your stay on a yearly basis at an Immigration office. This will also allow you to obtain work permits for that period rather than renew every 90 days. Seems as if that should be your goal. I would visit Immigration with with and they should have printout of exactly what documents you will need.

If you just want a multi entry visa only KL is likely to issue. Singapore will normally issue if you can show bank account of 400k or more.

I can confirm it's the 40K joint income they require and NOT the bank account balance of 400K having just got back from seeing immigration. This results in a Kafkaesque situation for anyone if they are cash rich, under 50, married to a Thai national, but lacking a degree/teaching qualification and not desiring to 'invest' the 3 million Baht required to set up a Thai company - If such individuals exist how do they stay here?