Trump campaign rejects changing debate rules after chaotic Cleveland encounter

webfact

24 minutes ago, Credo said:

Does that mean that Trump might now start running the country?

No! But maybe if he have covid , he tell even one fact about it!

I think he get huge hypo whit bleach, after put that in hes system. He take uv lamp and swallow that! 

Edited by 2 is 1

7 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

No! But maybe if he have covid , he tell even one fact about it!

I think he get huge hypo whit bleach, after put that in hes system. He take uv lamp and swallow that! 

Bleach might ruin his orange skin.????

1 hour ago, Morch said:

Delivers as in -

- Build the Wall.

- Reveal financial information.

- Have the most transparent administration.

- Winning trade wars.

- Covid gone by Easter.

- Antifa not declared a terrorist organization.

Plenty of others.

But do tell, in what meaningful way does Trump consider the American people as his boss?

Also better health insurance

Trillion dollar infrastructure

• Like 2

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The only sensible option at this point would be for Biden to wirltbdraw from the remainder of the debates. He does not need them. And Trump will continue with his gutteral, pit bull style. 

Or Biden could pull a Reagan. There you go again. 73 interruptions last time. Let's count how many this time. Let Trump bury himself. 

Only the most die hard devotees think Trump won that last debate. You have to be consuming alot of Koolaid to feel that way. Biden held his own against a street thug. 

Trump did not win, but neither did Biden. He lost when he called Trump a clown. To win he'd have had to look the more mature candidate, but he tried to play Trump at his own game and no way he can do that IMO.

If he had just stopped talking whenever Trump interrupted and made Trump look like a jerk he would have won, IMO.

If Trump doesn't up his game he's not going to do well next time, IMO.

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Trump did not win, but neither did Biden. He lost when he called Trump a clown. To win he'd have had to look the more mature candidate, but he tried to play Trump at his own game and no way he can do that IMO.

If he had just stopped talking whenever Trump interrupted and made Trump look like a jerk he would have won, IMO.

If Trump doesn't up his game he's not going to do well next time, IMO.

Immediately following the debate, Republican politicians were asked what they thought about 45's behavior in the debate. I heard "awful," "embarrassing," and even Republican news sources reported 45's closest aides wanted to tell him how bad he did, but they knew 45 would never want to hear such. He told those close to him "I did great," and the aides were quietly waiting for him to engorge himself on cable news to have it sink in how bad he did. The game plan was to let Biden slip up - he almost ALWAYS delivers gaffes! - but 45 never game him the chance. 45 is his own worst enemy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, heybruce said:

If Biden had stopped talking whenever Trump interrupted Trump would have talked non-stop for the entire 90 minutes and his supporters would be bragging about how he dominated the "debate".

Given that neither IMO said anything that meant anything, Biden would have "won" just for looking more presidential.

I doubt anything said changed anyone's mind about who to vote for. Trump looked like a playground bully, IMO, and Biden looked weak, IMO.

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Given that neither IMO said anything that meant anything, Biden would have "won" just for looking more presidential.

I doubt anything said changed anyone's mind about who to vote for. Trump looked like a playground bully, IMO, and Biden looked weak, IMO.

I think you're right as far as voting goes. Polls taken after the vote show that most viewers thought Biden won. But it didn't seem to shift the votes.

• Like 2

Just now, J Town said:

Immediately following the debate, Republican politicians were asked what they thought about 45's behavior in the debate. I heard "awful," "embarrassing," and even Republican news sources reported 45's closest aides wanted to tell him how bad he did, but they knew 45 would never want to hear such. He told those close to him "I did great," and the aides were quietly waiting for him to engorge himself on cable news to have it sink in how bad he did. The game plan was to let Biden slip up - he almost ALWAYS delivers gaffes! - but 45 never game him the chance. 45 is his own worst enemy.

No matter how much Republicans dislike Trump and despair at things like his behaviour during the debate, they'll never, IMO, vote for Biden and Trump is the only way to keep Biden ( and probably eventually Harris ) out of power, so they'll vote for him, IMO. IMO any Republican sees Biden and everything he stands for as a disaster if elected.

The Dems, IMO, slipped up badly when allowing Biden to be the candidate, but back then they probably thought Trump was going to win anyway, so it didn't matter if Biden was the candidate.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No matter how much Republicans dislike Trump and despair at things like his behaviour during the debate, they'll never, IMO, vote for Biden and Trump is the only way to keep Biden ( and probably eventually Harris ) out of power, so they'll vote for him, IMO. IMO any Republican sees Biden and everything he stands for as a disaster if elected.

The Dems, IMO, slipped up badly when allowing Biden to be the candidate, but back then they probably thought Trump was going to win anyway, so it didn't matter if Biden was the candidate.

That's a fair assessment. For what it's worth, Bernie would have won 2016 as well as 2020, but Big Pharma and corporations weren't gonna let THAT happen.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, J Town said:

IMO Trump doesn't care what people think. IMO he's just going to be himself and have fun. The tapes before the last election were so bad that I thought he was done then, but he won despite them, so I think that people will vote for him no matter how bad he gets just to keep Biden out of the big chair. It still, IMO, comes down to a choice between two bad candidates and IMO Trump is the least bad. I think anti Trumpers don't realise just how much the Dems are disliked by so many that they will vote for Trump despite his failings just to keep the Dems out of power. I can't think of anything the Dems are offering that would make me vote for Biden if I were able to do so.

The Dems need to have a message of hope for a better life, but seems to me all they have is Trump bad, Trump bad.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, heybruce said:

Biden wasn't the mediator, Wallace wasn't the debater, and that wasn't a debate.  That was Trump acting like a spoiled brat and not letting anyone talk.

Quite so. The change of the rules, however, may be moot now that the big mouth has to quarantine as he was diagnosed with the innocuous flu and we don't know how the disease is going to affect him. Reality hurts!

29 minutes ago, Anant72 said:

Quite so. The change of the rules, however, may be moot now that the big mouth has to quarantine as he was diagnosed with the innocuous flu and we don't know how the disease is going to affect him. Reality hurts!              (I added emphasis)

in·noc·u·ous
/iˈnäkyo͞oəs/
adjective

1. not harmful or offensive.

1 minute ago, Morch said:

Trump doesn't care what people think. Sure. That's why he's obsessed with every negative comment made about him. Gets into childish, petty online quarrels. And constantly complains about being mistreated. But sure, he doesn't care. Whatever.

As for your ongoing nonsense regarding Democrats not having policies etc. - you've been referred multiple times to sources including their manifesto and program. That you choose to ignore this and keep banging on about something that isn't true does not make your point.

Republican game plan:

“Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth”, is a law of propaganda often attributed to the Joseph Goebbels.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

"The Dems need to have a message of hope for a better life, but seems to me all they have is Trump bad, Trump bad."

Maybe time for you to learn more about this in stead of listening to the Trump soundbites. The democrats have a complete programme with well lay-out plans, in contrast with 'we'll do the same' republicans.

Sorry, but when the Dems want to ban personal weapons, defund the cops, support gender fluidity, increase immigration, sympathise with rioters, and raise taxes ( Biden said in the debate he'd get rid of Trump's tax cuts ), it doesn't matter what their "policies" may be otherwise.

Faced with an overt threat to law and order, guns and religion, many in middle America will opt for more of the same, IMO.

Four more years.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, J Town said:

45 would never agree to a virtual debate cuz they cute mute his obtuse, ignorant, rude interruptions. His campaign has already said as much - NO changes to future debates.

the campaigns don't have any control over the debates which are run by an independent organization and can change the rules as the situation requires.

the trump campaign has two options:  accept or boycott.

• Like 2

Just now, ChouDoufu said:

the campaigns don't have any control over the debates which are run by an independent organization and can change the rules as the situation requires.

the trump campaign has two options:  accept or boycott.

I believe that the rules were negotiated with both campaigns. I don't know if they can change them unilaterally.

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sorry, but when the Dems want to ban personal weapons, defund the cops, support gender fluidity, increase immigration, sympathise with rioters, and raise taxes ( Biden said in the debate he'd get rid of Trump's tax cuts ), it doesn't matter what their "policies" may be otherwise.

Faced with an overt threat to law and order, guns and religion, many in middle America will opt for more of the same, IMO.

Four more years.

Guess it's much easier to rile against imagined policies then to actually read political programs etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

Trump has zero manners, behaves like a howler monkey, and in terms of content, he had the level of an idiot. There is nothing presidential about Trump. I still don't understand how such a blender and bully could be elected as US president.

he was elected because enough voters in the required swing states checked "not hillary" to gain him the necessary electoral votes.

biden ain't no treasure, but he's the least worst option.

this former "not hillary" voter already mailed in his "not trump" absentee ballot.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mthomsen111 said:

I believe that the rules were negotiated with both campaigns. I don't know if they can change them unilaterally.

From what I've read, the Commission on Presidential Debates (a bipartisan group) sets the rules and can change them at any time. 45 can either take it or leave it.

• Like 1