Custody Agreement

Stese

I have a 1 year old born out of wedlock. I have been legitimized as the father by court order giving me and the mum equal custody and parental powers.

Our relationship has failed and we need to seperate. I am prepared to give her some cash for sole custody and parental powers. We have verbally agreed on this and also her visitation rights. Is there a legally binding way to get this actioned without going to court?

I read that you can transfer custody and parental powers to one parent at the registration office when you are getting divorced by way of Memorandum of Divorce assuming everything is mutually agreed. Is there such a legal document or legally recognised framework in place for when a child is born out of wedlock but each parent has equal custody and then want to transfer custody solely to the other parent without having to go to court?

14 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

a cold person / mother would give up her child, unless money is the only "love" the mother has

I'm so glad that you've been granted the ability to read minds and hearts.  Will you also be controlling the weather? Thailand needs rain. China does not.

get what you have agreed on in written and singed by her and witness. then you have to go to court and apply for one parent custody. this you need to be able to travel abroad as well in Thailand. Then when you have this finally after some unexpected resistance of the mother you need to move out as fast as possible from Thailand. to get abroad you also need to have all documents with you and as well the same documents for the needed passport from the local multiplicity for you child. Also apply at your embassy for the procedure to get your child your nationality and registered. also apply for the passport of your nationality. this makes together with the Thai court order your country can help to get the child with your home country nationality home. I am ware of the extra costs still handy to have the support if nerded.

If you agreed there is no need to go to court. You right, you can enter into a divorce agreement about how the custody will be shared between you. The agreement must include the visitation of the child and the child support clauses. After that it has to be signed by two witnesses and  with the district office at the time of getting the divorce. 

On 10/3/2020 at 2:20 PM, Bender Rodriguez said:

a cold person / mother would give up her child, unless money is the only "love" the mother has

You'd be surprised how many of them 'sell' their child in a failed marriage.....quite shocking really!

Thai / Thai marriage normally just given away not sold.

If you think it ok and legal to sell and buy people then you can transfer at the same time as the divorce.

On 10/4/2020 at 12:16 AM, AgMech Cowboy said:

I'm so glad that you've been granted the ability to read minds and hearts.  Will you also be controlling the weather? Thailand needs rain. China does not.

Why would you think he has been granted any special powers, when it´s you that do not understand that selling nor buying a child is not ok?

Edited by Matzzon

On 10/4/2020 at 5:16 AM, AgMech Cowboy said:

You don't need the ability to read minds and hearts to understand what kind of a person this is. I'm experiencing it first hand and I know the motives. And having a heart isn't one of them. And money is the biggest factor. Children aren't pawns to be used, but many here look at them as so. It is your responsibility, along with the other parent, to take care of that child until they are out of the house at a minimum of age 17, so if you don't want that responsibility, keep your legs together or use birth control. Thailand leads the world in children raised by grandparents and there are two reasons for that. One, the men usually don't stick around after the child is born, and aren't held accountable, and two, the women that think that going to Bangkok or Pattaya and working for an extra 100 baht a day, then sending money back to the grandparents to help take care of the kids, and seeing those kids twice a year, is doing their job are mistaken. A parent does what they can to raise that child until they leave the nest. Abandoning that child isn't being a parent. For those that think this is Christian bias, I did say use birth control. For the OP, get that child in your legal custody, because you had her/him with another uncaring moron. Of which there are many here.

Just now, BritManToo said:

It's normal in countries without welfare.

Always has been.

It isn't normal by any means. It happens , yes, but there are solutions. If you can't afford kids, don't have them If you have kids out of wedlock, there is a bigger chance that someone will bail. Birth control is cheaper than raising a child to 17. There is always local work and the extra 100 baht you receive in the cities daily barely covers the rent. Thailand has over 30% of children raised by grandparents. Laos next door has 5%, and Vietnam 5%, so it's lot worse here.