Cert. of residence - letter of landlard (MIL)

Hi everyone,

Tried google on this and also search function of this forum (which, honestly I gave up on pretty quickly as it seemed fruitless).

Hope you can help me with below issue:

I am in need of a certificate of residence. To obtain such apparently I would need a letter of landlord (no lease, no yellow book available).

Now, conveniently my landlord is my mother in law and she would just sign any paper for me. However, neither her nor me has any idea how this letyer should look like and what are the key parameters that need to be mentioned (besides address and personal details).

I will be greatful for any input and/or draft of such a letter (if available).

Thanks,

Fabruer

Did she submit a TM30 when you moved in?

It will of course as always depend on the immigration office where you apply, but in general they just want some document confirming that you live there. If you want to be 100% sure call your local immigration office and ask them.

Take a copy of the house book and her id card, let her sign this, and let her write on a piece of paper something like "I hereby confirm that my son in law fabruar, passport number xxxxxx is living in my house. [date] [her name] [signature]", this should satisfy the IO.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Did she submit a TM30 when you moved in?

It will of course as always depend on the immigration office where you apply, but in general they just want some document confirming that you live there. If you want to be 100% sure call your local immigration office and ask them.

Take a copy of the house book and her id card, let her sign this, and let her write on a piece of paper something like "I hereby confirm that my son in law fabruar, passport number xxxxxx is living in my house. [date] [her name] [signature]", this should satisfy the IO.

Sounds like good advise. I might have been overthinking this I guess.

Will try your suggestion, thanks Chickenlegs!

Ps.: Yes, TM30 done. All by the books so far.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, fabruer said:

I am in need of a certificate of residence. To obtain such apparently I would need a letter of landlord (no lease, no yellow book available).

Curious about this part.

IF MIL has the Blue Tabien Baan, then your Wife can be in it. You can also get a the Yellow Tabien Baan.

IF your MIL is the ‘landlord’ she is also the owner, no?

12 minutes ago, fabruer said:

Sounds like good advise. I might have been overthinking this I guess.

Will try your suggestion, thanks Chickenlegs!

Ps.: Yes, TM30 done. All by the books so far.

If you submitted the TM30, you must have used exactly same documents you need for the Resident Certificate. 

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Curious about this part.

IF MIL has the Blue Tabien Baan, then your Wife can be in it. You can also get a the Yellow Tabien Baan.

IF your MIL is the ‘landlord’ she is also the owner, no?

Yes, MIL has blue tabien ban. Haven't got my yellow tabien ban yet.

Indeed, MIL is owner of property.

22 minutes ago, Myran said:

Has your immigration office told you that they need this letter? Because I've gotten several CoR's in difference places in Thailand, and I've never had to supply any letter.

No, actually not. It's based on internet research.

Instead of this letter you might have provided lease agreement or yellow book instead?

14 hours ago, fabruer said:

No, actually not. It's based on internet research.

Instead of this letter you might have provided lease agreement or yellow book instead?

I don't think I've ever given them anything except for the form they have you fill out. The only requirement being that you've reported your address previously. If I were you, I would call your local office and just ask them what's required.

• Thanks 1

On 10/2/2020 at 1:16 PM, chickenslegs said:

I don't know the answer to your question, but I think jackdd's advice is sensible.

Just a comment/warning - if you are living at your MiL's property she should have notified immigration within 24 hours of your arrival (TM30). If she hasn't she may be fined.

Maybe -  go to Chiang Mai for  couple of days, get her to do a 30 when you come back?  No guarantees- 

• Thanks 1

Just to bring this to an end, went to immigration in Samut Prakarn.

Below is the list of copies of documents that were sufficient for me to get a certificate of residence:

1) copy of passport picture page

2) copy of visa pages

3) copy of TM6 (front & back)

4) copy of TM30 (signed by landlord)

5) signed application form

6) 2x 2 inch pictures

7) THB500

They asked for rental contract but girlfriend was with me to clarify situation.

Also, there was an issue with my TM30: fine was THB800 (including receipt, which makes it an official fine I reckon).

Wasn't asked to hand over passport for verification, had it on me though of course.

Was handed the certificate within 15 minutes of handing over all docs.

Hope this helps in case of anyone looking this up in future.