Corona test timing

Hi. 

Just to make sure here that when checking in to the flight the 72 hours timetable for covid 19 test is from the result time, not from the time when the test was taken? I can go for example 4 days before the check in to the test?

4.3  The original COVID-free Health Certificate (COVID -19 is not detected and the COVID test must be by RT-PCR method) and “Fit to Fly” doctor’s certificate, issued no more than 72 hours before departure.

This is what makes the CoE from London difficult if you are flying with TG. Flight departs 9.25pm Sunday. So you need the test done after 9.25pm Thursday. All the clinics I checked in London are saying minimum 48 hours but it may be 72 hours. As you would have to wait until Friday morning for the test, that is risky. There is one clinic with its own test equipment which can guarantee same day result but very expensive: £500. https://fleetstreetclinic.com/services/coronavirus_covid-19_testing/

• Like 1

I would be grateful to hear some experience of guys who arrived in BKK.

I know these requirements state that fit to fly cert + PCR test should be issued max. 72 hours before departure.

But I am not sure whether Immigration has a different interpretation in terms of "arrival" time compared to departure.

As others have said, Maximum of 72hrs between test time and flight time - even if you fly indirect. Eg Emirates (via dubai).

from my experience this week, the airline staff are being very cautious regarding ensuring you have all the required paperwork. 

My test time was 71hrs 50mins before flight.  At both check-ins the staff initially thought i wasn’t in compliance.  Made me question my own calculations.

i noticed that everyone served by female staff had an easier time - one guy only had his FTF certificate on his phone despite Emirates saying it must be printed.  The man processing my check in was asking about my visa and how long i was going for, and when i made a mistake in my answer he was onto it a quizzing me as though i was hiding something.  The Embassy had given me a visa and COE - quite why he thought he needed to vet the input to them, i don’t know. I was just unlucky with this guy i guess

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, pj123 said:

This is what makes the CoE from London difficult if you are flying with TG. Flight departs 9.25pm Sunday. So you need the test done after 9.25pm Thursday. All the clinics I checked in London are saying minimum 48 hours but it may be 72 hours. As you would have to wait until Friday morning for the test, that is risky. There is one clinic with its own test equipment which can guarantee same day result but very expensive: £500. https://fleetstreetclinic.com/services/coronavirus_covid-19_testing/

I had this problem, i was still waiting for results at midday Sunday, i had 2.5 hours to the airport as well, not a good feeling!

41 minutes ago, cerox said:

I would be grateful to hear some experience of guys who arrived in BKK.

I know these requirements state that fit to fly cert + PCR test should be issued max. 72 hours before departure.

But I am not sure whether Immigration has a different interpretation in terms of "arrival" time compared to departure.

I beleive that if it's beyond 72 hours from sample upon arrival you'll be tested immediately.

2 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I beleive that if it's beyond 72 hours from sample upon arrival you'll be tested immediately.

I’m not convinced of this.  They have to have a black and white rule so everyone understand what is expected. But i don’t think there is any precise science applied after you’ve complied and arrived where they look at arrival time v time of test.  Afterall you’ve just sat on a plane with a hundred of so others, all of whom passed the test but like you have been at risk of catching it within since the test and before your flight.  A cabin crew member told me in her experience there is always at least on one the flight who test positive.  

All the precautions are applied once you leave the plane, and on arrival at the ASQ you will be told your first PCR test will be on day 3 - i guess if you caught it in transit it takes this approx amount of time to be detected.

i arrived yesterday, and have registered with the COSTE app, and twice a day i get a knock on the door where they take my temperature which i need to log. My pcr is on Monday and results on Tuesday after which I’m allowed to reserve a time to go to the roof garden for an hour a day.  

2 minutes ago, Ticu said:

I’m not convinced of this.  They have to have a black and white rule so everyone understand what is expected. But i don’t think there is any precise science applied after you’ve complied and arrived where they look at arrival time v time of test.  Afterall you’ve just sat on a plane with a hundred of so others, all of whom passed the test but like you have been at risk of catching it within since the test and before your flight.  A cabin crew member told me in her experience there is always at least on one the flight who test positive.  

All the precautions are applied once you leave the plane, and on arrival at the ASQ you will be told your first PCR test will be on day 3 - i guess if you caught it in transit it takes this approx amount of time to be detected.

i arrived yesterday, and have registered with the COSTE app, and twice a day i get a knock on the door where they take my temperature which i need to log. My pcr is on Monday and results on Tuesday after which I’m allowed to reserve a time to go to the roof garden for an hour a day.  

Ok, it's up to you what you believe mate but what i mentioned has been mentioned on this forum of how it works.

How on earth would cabin crew be aware of any passengers test results?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I had this problem, i was still waiting for results at midday Sunday, i had 2.5 hours to the airport as well, not a good feeling!

Arranging the test was where i felt least in control.

i had to travel by train and bus to the airport for a 2:30pm flight, and no way was i going to be starting that journey waiting for an email with results if i could avoid it.

so i went with a tester who guaranteed results in 48hrs. Which meant 48hrs of the test arriving at the lab, so by 6:30pm two days after my test whether i tested am, midday or 5pm.  I was nervous that tests could be inconclusive and needing retests etc, so on the day of my test i decided to pay 100gbp extra to get the results the next day. I put myself in the position of having to re-test or missing my flight and decided that money was nothing compared to the house of cards collapsing. And of course now I’m not looking back, it gave me peace of mind and got me in. 

1 minute ago, Ticu said:

Arranging the test was where i felt least in control.

i had to travel by train and bus to the airport for a 2:30pm flight, and no way was i going to be starting that journey waiting for an email with results if i could avoid it.

so i went with a tester who guaranteed results in 48hrs. Which meant 48hrs of the test arriving at the lab, so by 6:30pm two days after my test whether i tested am, midday or 5pm.  I was nervous that tests could be inconclusive and needing retests etc, so on the day of my test i decided to pay 100gbp extra to get the results the next day. I put myself in the position of having to re-test or missing my flight and decided that money was nothing compared to the house of cards collapsing. And of course now I’m not looking back, it gave me peace of mind and got me in. 

Yes, i agree.

I have friends that have had 2 tests done one the Friday at 2 different clinics to hedge their bets, expensive but like you say it's better that the alternative!

3 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Ok, it's up to you what you believe mate but what i mentioned has been mentioned on this forum of how it works.

She was thai cabin crew. I don’t know if she knew or what benefit she had in fabricating or speculating. But whatever, I’m sure you don’t disagree that within those 72hrs every passenger is potentially exposed to the risk of catching it. Otherwise we wouldn’t need quarantining and more testing.

7 minutes ago, Ticu said:
13 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

She was thai cabin crew. I don’t know if she knew or what benefit she had in fabricating or speculating. But whatever, I’m sure you don’t disagree that within those 72hrs every passenger is potentially exposed to the risk of catching it. Otherwise we wouldn’t need quarantining and more testing.

... probably as simple as; she some time after a Flight, been called in for a Test, through being flagged via Contact Tracing...

Just now, tifino said:

... probably as simple as; she some time after a Flight, been called in for a Test, through being flagged via Contact Tracing...

Surely they're tested regularly before flying, at least one would think so, otherwise their potential to spread the virus is massive ( if carrying it ).

Anyway, it's irrelevant.

18 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Yes, i agree.

I have friends that have had 2 tests done one the Friday at 2 different clinics to hedge their bets, expensive but like you say it's better that the alternative!

I almost went down this route too.

i should have asked others in the check in queue what they did. Unfortunately once I’d planted the seed of ‘what if? in my mind i could only think of the worst outcome.

there were some thai offshore workers being checked in with their US boss and two of them had testing problems so were awaiting a doctor’s email whilst in the queue. (When i booked my flight with Emirates it said no thai nationals - so i guess rules changed)

and then there were others who were relaxed by their own ignorance of rules. Emirates clearly said they needed a print out/hard copy of results but a guy in front of me just showed his phone. I think i had too much to loose by failing at this step.

2 minutes ago, Ticu said:

I almost went down this route too.

i should have asked others in the check in queue what they did. Unfortunately once I’d planted the seed of ‘what if? in my mind i could only think of the worst outcome.

there were some thai offshore workers being checked in with their US boss and two of them had testing problems so were awaiting a doctor’s email whilst in the queue. (When i booked my flight with Emirates it said no thai nationals - so i guess rules changed)

and then there were others who were relaxed by their own ignorance of rules. Emirates clearly said they needed a print out/hard copy of results but a guy in front of me just showed his phone. I think i had too much to loose by failing at this step.

Thai nationals can fly on the Emirates flights but 1. require a CV test like everyone else and 2. are not eligible for free government quarantine hotel.

2 hours ago, pj123 said:

The Private Harley Street Clinic claims results within 24-48 hours but when I emailed them they advised 24-72 hours. 

All the clinics in Harley Street and Moorgate etc used to be 24 hours ( if you got the sample in before 1000 ) until the number of cases in uk started to increase again from about 2-3 weeks ago.