Pay Traffic Ticket

richsilver

Exactly, the two departments do not have a computerised link, they may in a few years, but until then don't worry about it.

A friend of mine showed me over 20 of them she had accumulated, all unpaid.

I said 'why so many'?, she said I am a bad driver and laughed.

Edited by OneeyedJohn
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Some great advice from those that forget you are a guest, visitor, not citizen, not resident. You can run but you cannot hide follow the rules in any country and you will enjoy a great experience....Only my opinion & who am I ????????‍♂️

Ps...Also some great advice with those with the brains the size of a pea ???? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnbarpic said:

Some great advice from those that forget you are a guest, visitor, not citizen, not resident. You can run but you cannot hide follow the rules in any country and you will enjoy a great experience....Only my opinion & who am I ????????‍♂️

Ps...Also some great advice with those with the brains the size of a pea ???? 

You're very naive.

what do you think will happen, they'll hunt all the non payers of these fines down - too funny.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

You don't have to pay them when you renew the tax? that's what people say 

My wife was caught on speed camera they included photos of her car saying if no payment is received she  will be unable to tax her car in future, that was 3 years ago she still has'nt paid  and has taxed her car every year

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mran66 said:

Even if might not be necessary to pay, fines are so small I'd rather pay and not need to worry about possible problems later... Maybe i stupid. Farang... 

I got a red light offence fine a couple of months back (500 baht) went to Pattaya Police station to pay but could not (ticket was from Highway Poice at Hua Hin) went along to the post office soi 13 paid there +60 odd baht for processing fee....couple of weeks later a letter saying fine unpaid (ignore if recently paid) ignored it and again a couple of weeks later another letter with my receipt for fine payment which I now keep in the car......if I ignored it I have no idea what would/could have happened but what is 560 odd baht to fork up for an error on my part....peace of mind is worth far more than this :thumbsup:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

No.

There is no link between land and transport department and highway dept.

What you mention is what they should do.

I lived in Puerto Rico for a couple of years, got 11 tickets and lined the bottom of my bird cage with them. Same thing, no links.

15 hours ago, OneeyedJohn said:

Don't pay it.

Waste of money even if they have you on camera.

It's just that the actual owner of the vehicle will be unable to do it's annual registation/tax disc, if fines are ontstanding. Bht 500 a waste of money?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, J Town said:

I lived in Puerto Rico for a couple of years, got 11 tickets and lined the bottom of my bird cage with them. Same thing, no links.

What has Puerto Rico got to do with traffic fines here in LOS...:unsure:

• Like 2