Elite visa problems

2 hours ago, G Rex said:

Someone needs to grow a set of b@lls here - maybe the MFA needs a bigger brown envelope from TE?

No - some people at the MFA need to be either made to do their jobs or get fired

Or, perhaps they are doing exactly what they're told to do by the big boss?

Edited by ukrules

6 hours ago, ukrules said:

This is very unprofessional and I wonder if there's been a change in policy at some level that has not yet been disclosed.

I would suggest that people involved complain to two different places : the government department which deals with foreign affairs in their home countries and their Embassy in Thailand.

The British Embassy in Bangkok will not want to meddle in Thailand's sovereign affairs and can't help a citizen who isn't in their jurisdiction. The Royal Thai Embassy in London tells us ever so politely to talk to Thailand Elite. Thailand Elite (Thailand Privilege Card Co. Ltd. to be precise) will just say "last week there was no list due to a clerical / technical error" or "The MFA are processing and we cannot interfere in their process neither can we obtain status updates.

We have some members now canceling their Elite visa at their local Royal Thai Embassy because they are in O-A, O-X eligible countries and the embassies there are proposing 3 weeks start to finish for a visa and CoE. Situation: Ridiculous.

7 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Very sorry for you. I have always felt the Elite Visa is a waste of time and money. Anyway, persevere and you will get through this. When your current elite visa has eventually expired would recommend a normal retirement visa, with annual extensions. Costs you one day a year plus 1900 baht, and you are free to come and go as you please 

A good number of Thailand Elite members are in their 20s / 30s and not eligible for retirement visa for a long time yet. Neither are they interested in a marriage so the Thailand Elite Visa does fit a number of use cases. If you are over 50 and not planning on flying in and out all the time the retirement visa is indeed the way to go.

• Like 1

I received a letter/email from TE this evening , which attempts to explain the delays being faced by TE members.

This was appreciated, as it shows they are listening to members.

BUT - there is no imminent solution to the problem

As an over 50 , I know what I will be doing ????‍♂️????‍♂️????‍♂️????‍♂️  Just walk away!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KoreaElte said:

A good number of Thailand Elite members are in their 20s / 30s and not eligible for retirement visa for a long time yet. Neither are they interested in a marriage so the Thailand Elite Visa does fit a number of use cases. If you are over 50 and not planning on flying in and out all the time the retirement visa is indeed the way to go.

Im in this group and the TE visa is a perfect fit for me for several reasons.

I've been approved for several months now but I'm not going to fork over the cash until I'm confident that I can actually enter into Thailand with it.

I really appreciate all of the feedback and information in this thread, it's very helpful in fully understanding the situation.

Please keep this thread going or if there is a different chat I would be grateful to join and also share my experiences.

• Like 1

So the OP paid 500,000 Thai baht to not even get any proper concierge service as they advertise to be one of the big benefits? Pffeewh, I would want my money back (not that that would ever happen lol). He should not be doing anything other than booking a flight, signing a paper or paying the hotel.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/4/2020 at 3:29 AM, G Rex said:

This article does NOT make me happy at all!

I bought my TE Visa to expedite my return to LOS.

If an O-X or O-A Visa will get me there sooner - I will be exploring my options to see if I can cash out my TE.  I will talk to them tomorrow...

I always thought the Elite Visa option for NEW members abroad was a very sketchy situation for that kind of cash !   

• Like 1

I too am waiting for approval, I am also waiting on approval for an STV. Now that APEC is included I will try that but since there are no flights it does not matter much. Thai Longstay is not moving on the STVs, probably for the same root cause. 

This is a mess of false hopes and promises. I like the idea  of the Elite but it is a lot of money for no service and no access.  There won't be any envelopes at all if nobody is paying.

12 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

So the OP paid 500,000 Thai baht to not even get any proper concierge service as they advertise to be one of the big benefits? Pffeewh, I would want my money back (not that that would ever happen lol). He should not be doing anything other than booking a flight, signing a paper or paying the hotel.

Yes the government concierge thing was severely weakened during the last administration and is more or less completely gone under this administration. Nowadays they will tell you this:

We are truly apologized for this inconvenience and thank you for your kind support and patience. 
It is unfortunate that we cannot interfere the government process. 
It may seem quiet from us but we are certainly trying our best to continue negotiation with the government.

It was a government entity when it was launched. Somewhere around 2012 it was at the brink of bankruptcy and they privatized it and moved it under the TAT, since then they have zero pull.
Edited by KoreaElte

17 minutes ago, KoreaElte said:

It was a government entity when it was launched. Somewhere around 2012 it was at the brink of bankruptcy and they privatized it and moved it under the TAT, since then they have zero pull.

Not sure where you got that info. It has been part of TAT since day one.

image.png.d60603e5500475e6b6182fcaea53476d.png

Source: https://www.thailandelite.com/who-we-are?locate=en&popup=false

• Thanks 1

Then the ownership in the Co. Ltd. might have changed?

What I recall is that before 2009 they had deep government ties. Government concierge facility was a prime feature and worked well.

Since at least 2012 it's just a private company with no clout and the only thing they will assist with is a driving license. Yellow Housebook, ID Card etc. they will say "sorry no can do"

Edited by KoreaElte

15 minutes ago, KoreaElte said:

Then the ownership in the Co. Ltd. might have changed?

The ownership has not changed.

16 minutes ago, KoreaElte said:

What I recall is that before 2009 they had deep government ties. Government concierge facility was a prime feature and worked well.

In 2008/2009 the government then tried to shutdown Thai Elite but they changed their minds due to being threatened with lawsuits for breach of contract by existing life time members.

19 minutes ago, KoreaElte said:

Since at least 2012 it's just a private company with no clout and the only thing they will assist with is a driving license.

As I stated before it is not a private company.

In 2012 is when they first explored the new memberships and eventually came out with 5 the PE visa and shorter memberships. That actually turned around the company towards starting to making a profit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The ownership has not changed.

Cool then I stand corrected.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Thai Elite but they changed their minds due to being threatened with lawsuits for breach of contract by existing life time members.

I realize. I was in that group.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

As I stated before it is not a private company.

My error about the company structure aside you cannot deny that the government concierge service and / or clout of TPC are greatly diminished if you compare pre-2012 to now.
Which can be seen now in the way the Certificate of Entry are being mishandled.

27 minutes ago, thaiclan said:

Now he has a choice whether to come in on Elite from Singapore or to try for an STV from Singapore.  Currently STV's are not available from 'unsafe' countries either.
Hope this latest info helps.

The first STV flight scheduled to arrive in Thailand on October 8 has already been postponed.

The linked article does not say, but October 1-8 is a national holiday in China.  Schools, most businesses and government offices are closed, including foreign embassies and consulates.

Also, the first three STV flight were reported to be from China and Scandanavia.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1186097-confusion-reigns-as-stv-arrivals-now-may-not-land-in-thailand-this-week/

"Currently, as of the start of October, the government only recognises certain visa types to re-enter the country. But, as the evidence shows, even if you are eligible in theory, there are limited entries of people allowed back into the country. For example, the holders of Thailand Elite visas have been ‘officially’ able to re-enter the country since the start of August. But in practice, according to a source at Thailand Elite, not more than 50 people have actually successfully returned up to date."

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1186070-hard-truths-about-travelling-to-thailand-right-now/

5 minutes ago, Peeba boy said:

So Thai Elite not telling us about the policy.  Why don’t they just come out and tell the truth I was told by the MFA a max of 30 days then I would get my approval. So it looks like I will be stuck in the UK until Xmas at the least

I had read a lot about the process from a FB group about Elite visa returnees (well potential returnees!). Whilst it is good to hear from other people you can't really beat just getting on the phone and talking with someone. I have spoken with Elite twice for advice and both times they have been extremely helpful.  I don't think they respond to emails in the same way.
Give them a call and ask clear questions so you have a better picture.
Good luck with getting back to LOS sometime soon!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Problem is I am in the UK so it’s not easy to call Bangkok.  All we are asking is for the truth. Not telling us you will be processed soon then we can start getting on with life in out own countries instead of checking our email every day to see if we can travel. After all we have paid for this service 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cerox said:

Thanks for the update.

That explains why my Elite visa has been in the process of "Immigration check" for two months now. My country is just so unsafe ????????????

I'm in arguably the "least safe" country of the USA and mine processed in about 10 days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cerox said:

Thanks for the update.

That explains why my Elite visa has been in the process of "Immigration check" for two months now. My country is just so unsafe ????????????

Get your 15 grand back, go to the Caribbean...... ( after hurricane season ) 

• Haha 1

It could be the RTE was on interstitial side of the ASQ of the TPC, which can often be confused with the PTC. Of course the COE comes from a source that needs to have the RTE checked unless the copy was from a list of 30 and not from the 5 you may have chosen from. EMAIL sounds like the best way to ASQ the COE if the PTC is TEMQ or, if you are in a pinch, for the 30 WORKING days. As long as the TPC was not issued before the TEMQ's ASQ you should be good to go. 

4 hours ago, Peeba boy said:

All we are asking is for the truth. Not telling us you will be processed soon then we can start getting on with life in out own countries instead of checking our email every day to see if we can travel. After all we have paid for this service 

That's the problem

if they tell the truth, aka you not will be able to return before months

even with an elite visa, then nobody is going to pay for it.

i wonder if people in this sad situation could start a group claim and 

ask for a mass refund, i am pretty sure it should give a big quick at the process

• Like 2

10 hours ago, unsubscribe said:

I'm in arguably the "least safe" country of the USA and mine processed in about 10 days.

Some people did indeed make it through at the beginning when it was first announced (19-21st August).  But it appears from peoples stories on the FB group that from September things have snarled up. Many people in that group have been waiting for 7weeks since submitting their application ????

My husband initially received a reply to his application that the MFA step could take 2-4 weeks.  We were surprised because when the directive from Elite first came out in August they advised the MFA step would take up to 5 days.
After 2 weeks and after reading all the stories on the FB group I decided to call them and try and get a direct picture (which no doubt will change!).
But as of last week they said...

*MFA is only approving 50 Elite visa's per week

*MFA is not approving any Elite visas from 'unsafe' countries at this time.
*My husbands application was in a queue with 'at least' 300 people in front of him (they wouldn't give exact figures)

• Like 1