Which other movies were shot in Phuket?

Jillie Norman

On 10/6/2020 at 10:45 AM, ChipButty said:

Heaven & Earth 

Shot in 1993, Heaven & Earth is a superb film by Oliver Stone about the Vietnam War and its consequences. Based on a true story written by Le Ly Hayslip (played by Hiep Thi Le in the movie), the plot relates the life of a young Vietnamese woman and her march through the horrors of history, from Vietnam to America and back.

The Sino-Portuguese house featured in the movie is Baan Chinpracha which is open to visitors and located in Phuket Old Town. Scenes of Vietnamese rural life were shot in the beautiful province of Krabi, only a 2-hour drive from Phuket

I've watched this movie. I didn't know it was in Phuket but I knew the beach was nice.

All along I though the Beach was shot in Phuket? Lol Now, I'm confused. Nevertheless, they're all beautiful beaches. Gotta love Thailand!

On 10/5/2020 at 1:34 PM, olivierf20 said:

Well actually The Beach was shot on Phi Phi Island, part of Krabi province, not Phuket

All along I thought it was Phuket? Now I'm confused. There must be other things I thought to be right. ???? 

I didn't know most of the films you mentioned except the Bourne Legacy. Will check each one of them out.

I had to watch The Beach again as it's nice to be on a beach even just by watching a movie LOL. It's kind of relaxing, an escape from all the crazy things going on. Oh, and I want to make that waterfall jump too!

17 hours ago, Jillie Norman said:

All along I thought it was Phuket? Now I'm confused. There must be other things I thought to be right. ???? 

I didn't know most of the films you mentioned except the Bourne Legacy. Will check each one of them out.

I had to watch The Beach again as it's nice to be on a beach even just by watching a movie LOL. It's kind of relaxing, an escape from all the crazy things going on. Oh, and I want to make that waterfall jump too!

There are many different locations used in most films. The Beach was not shot entirely on Phi Phi, segments were filmed in other places, including Phuket.

34 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

There are many different locations used in most films. The Beach was not shot entirely on Phi Phi, segments were filmed in other places, including Phuket.

Pointless to even reply. There have been multiple posts explaining the filming locations and OP must not be able to comprehend, lol.