True Sim - 1 yr data 1300 baht

2008bangkok

So every year i see what promotion is on Lazada for a 1yr Sim with data. Been doing it for a few years now as I dont really need a phone number anymore with messenger apps.

Anyway brought a 1yr True Sim with 60gb data per month and free unlimited calls to all networks although the calls are capped at 15mins per call (but can ring straight back).

Cost was 1300 baht  so if anybody else is looking for something similar Lazada is the place.

44 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Search on Lazada “ true move unlimited 1 year “  plenty on that page at 1,250 , 1,285 and 1,300 baht 

gone for this one https://www.jd.co.th/product/10mbps-unlimited-1-dtac-10mbps_4174205.html did find one on lazada cheaper around 1000b with true bad bad reviews . 

Edited by yeahbutif
addedn info
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Search on Lazada “ true move unlimited 1 year “  plenty on that page at 1,250 , 1,285 and 1,300 baht 

Those aren't unlimited, as they have a data volume cap, usually 60 to 80 GB per month. Truemove H Unlimited(10 Mbps) is around 1800 baht.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eindhoven said:

Those aren't unlimited, as they have a data volume cap, usually 60 to 80 GB per month. Truemove H Unlimited(10 Mbps) is around 1800 baht.

Yes indeed, the “ unlimited “ part is the search function I had used as I had an unlimited sim ( 4 Mbps ) in previous years , bad wording on my part.

Currently using a Max Speed Truemove sim capped at 60 gb per month. 

2 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

I use an aircard from True for my laptop. Is what you wrote above for 1 year use to connect to the internet? as I pay 961.92 (VAT Inc.) baht per month now.

Win ????

5 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

You would be hard pushed to go through 60-80gb a month, i looked at 10mbps but prefer 60gb full speed than unlimited 10mbps.

20 hours ago, 2008bangkok said:

You would be hard pushed to go through 60-80gb a month, i looked at 10mbps but prefer 60gb full speed than unlimited 10mbps.

Not at all. One Full HD streamed movie can utilise up to 3GB. One of those a day and you've used up your whole allowance.

Full speed means nothing, as it is totally dependent on your location.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Kan Win said:

I use an aircard from True for my laptop. Is what you wrote above for 1 year use to connect to the internet? as I pay 961.92 (VAT Inc.) baht per month now.

Win ????

Yes, I use mine in a 4G router. 10 Mbps unlimited, as just watching movies I can use 200 GB per month.

• Thanks 1

On 10/6/2020 at 1:02 PM, 2008bangkok said:

this might be what im looking for from the end of this month 

i have a Tru Sim 200 baht month all calls/networks ends 1 Nov/ *Unlimited* data/ Speed 10Mbps(which worked fine for me on the move, only once or twice did i tether for Movie watching at home)

so your SIM gives *up to* 300 Mbps. I dont need that speed but will i save much baht by dropping speed? Theres a picture below of a red one on the left at 10Mbps which is probably mine. But it looks more expensive not less???

I really struggle with Lazada searches. Never know what im looking at is best deal. Can anyone tell me best price for 10Mbps one please(calls incl)?

Apologies in advance for a being a total dork when it comes to this 

2 minutes ago, Gabe H Coud said:

this might be what im looking for from the end of this month 

i have a Tru Sim 200 baht month all calls/networks ends 1 Nov/ *Unlimited* data/ Speed 10Mbps(which worked fine for me on the move, only once or twice did i tether for Movie watching at home)

so your SIM gives *up to* 300 Mbps. I dont need that speed but will i save much baht by dropping speed? Theres a picture below of a red one on the left at 10Mbps which is probably mine. But it looks more expensive not less???

I really struggle with Lazada searches. Never know what im looking at is best deal. Can anyone tell me best price for 10Mbps one please(calls incl)?

Apologies in advance for a being a total dork when it comes to this 

10 Mbps unlimited approx. prices.

Truemove H 1850

AIS 1850

DTAC 1350

28 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

10 Mbps unlimited approx. prices.

Truemove H 1850

AIS 1850

DTAC 1350

Thanks Eindhoven

will assume bangkok2008's  Sim is the best 4g Sim card data calls package available now on Tru

ive not been in this situation before ...my renewal date is 1 Nov .... would you wait a few weeks to see if better deal comes up, or grab it now?

i noticed that deal needs register by end of Nov so hopefully it wouldnt be pulled before then

Edited by Gabe H Coud
mistake

29 minutes ago, Gabe H Coud said:

Thanks Eindhoven

will assume bangkok2008's  Sim is the best 4g Sim card data calls package available now on Tru

ive not been in this situation before ...my renewal date is 1 Nov .... would you wait a few weeks to see if better deal comes up, or grab it now?

i noticed that deal needs register by end of Nov so hopefully it wouldnt be pulled before then

Why would you assume that it is the best? If it suits your needs, then perhaps the best for you. 2 GB per day is nothing. But if only for your phone, it should be enough.

16 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Why would you assume that it is the best? If it suits your needs, then perhaps the best for you. 2 GB per day is nothing. But if only for your phone, it should be enough.

my bad, just my way of asking the forum if it is the best deal/price(of its kind) on Tru 

i think i will be ok on a 60GB monthly limit as i only hot spotted it once or twice in 11 months

will assume you have no comments on waiting or acting now. I appreciate you dont have a crystal ball but you clearly know way more than i do re trends, are deals getting better/worse/same etc 

Thank you for your help

25 minutes ago, Gabe H Coud said:

my bad, just my way of asking the forum if it is the best deal/price(of its kind) on Tru 

i think i will be ok on a 60GB monthly limit as i only hot spotted it once or twice in 11 months

will assume you have no comments on waiting or acting now. I appreciate you dont have a crystal ball but you clearly know way more than i do re trends, are deals getting better/worse/same etc 

Thank you for your help

If it suits you, it's such a small amount of money.....

80 GB is obviously a better deal than 60 GB: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/fast80-4g-80gb-1-melonthai-i816776021-s1669962391.html

8 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

If it suits you, it's such a small amount of money.....

80 GB is obviously a better deal than 60 GB: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/fast80-4g-80gb-1-melonthai-i816776021-s1669962391.html

Yes 80gb is better only difference being on the 80gb one you cannot call all networks for free only True, on the 60gb you can call ALL networks free so i decided to lose 20gb and then have calls.

I'm mostly connected to wifi anyway so 60gb is plenty.

Either way the deals are great on Lazada not something you see in the normal shops.

Edited by 2008bangkok

11 minutes ago, 2008bangkok said:

Yes 80gb is better only difference being on the 80gb one you cannot call all networks for free only True, on the 60gb you can call ALL networks free so i decided to lose 20gb and then have calls.

Either way the deals are great on Lazada not something you see in the normal shops.

Yes, I mistranslated that one. There appeared to be two options. One with calls within the network at 30 minutes per time and another with 15 minutes per time.

The one you quoted has 15(same as the all network SIM), whereas this one has 30: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sim-fast-80gb-300mbps-80gb-1-i549074921-s996314261.html

But on translation, the 15 minute one also state within network.

24 minutes ago, 2008bangkok said:

Whereas this one states free calls in "unlimited networks"(15 minutes per call); https://www.lazada.co.th/products/fast-80-gb-max-4g-maxspeed-full-speed-wifi-sim-turbo-1-muntookdee-i827906603-s1695162155.html

But I think it's again poorly written and it is just within the network.

ok great attention to details guys, thanks i wouldve ballsed that up for sure!

so the 60gb is all networks, pity about the 80gb

as this is such a humongous financial committment i will need to sleep on it overnight!????

ps just a bonus but has anyone actually used any of those 85 free TV channels and if so can you get Prem football?

On 10/6/2020 at 1:12 PM, 2008bangkok said:

I can burn through that easily in a few days..  Especially if I have to hotspot it .

So I look for unlimited data deals, 8mbps minimum.

8 hours ago, yeahbutif said:

i just got this one looks good ok speed . but calls only to dtac for 15 mins free other networks 1bhat a min. 

would like ask if when year up can i top up again for 1 more year as not lose number same deal ? does any one know .????

https://www.jd.co.th/product/_4174205.html

You can port the number to the next SIM deal, on another network.

9 hours ago, Gabe H Coud said:

What is the process for porting number in Thailand please? I've never done before 

I'm assuming I just go to the shop of my network(or new network) and ask them to change it?

How long does it take? I think it's 2 days in UK as a comparison. 

TIA 

Process works thus: 

Press * 151 * ID card number (13 digits) # then to press the Dial key (free)

No idea if it works with the passport number. You then take the eight digit code generated, to the new provider, together with the new SIM.

How do you register all these different SIMs on sale at Lazada, Shopee etc. Do you

take the SIM to the AIS/DTAC/True store with you passport once you receive it , or do you have to register by sending copies of passport to the Lazada seller?

9 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

Process works thus: 

Press * 151 * ID card number (13 digits) # then to press the Dial key (free)

No idea if it works with the passport number. You then take the eight digit code generated, to the new provider, together with the new SIM.

ID card number? is that printed on the new SIM?

pssport number ?? 

many thanks