Motherboard Faillure?

AlexLah

Hi all maybe some of you can help out.

I have an HP notebook (6120) that has always worked well apart from a blinkering screen at times.

recently it failed to power on at times.

Sometimes it did power on sometimes not.

Sometimes when it did power on it booted sometimes not.

So I brought it to the HP service center and after two days I got a quotation that they have to replace the MB and mediacenter (whatever that is).

Total bill 28000 Baht.

I asked them why it is not under warranty as the notebook is only 1.5 years old and they said it is damaged so no warranty.

(Friendly Thai smile included).

Anyway I told them not to repair it as I think I can buy a new one for that.

Then they told me I have to pay 1200 Baht for service done, OK I agreed to pay that as someone must have been doing some work on it.

I asked for a reciept and was told to wait.

I waited for a while and then the lady gave back the 1200 Baht and told me I did not have to pay because there was no labour involved.

Did anyone check my notebook I asked, Yes they did the lady told.

So why I do not have to pay?

Certainly there was some labour involved to check what was wrong with my notebook I told.

Just a friendly smile and no explanation.

So I brought it back home and try to start it up.

Power on works but it hangs in the HP logo.

Tried F10 to get to the set up but nothing happens.

Anyone here that might know a fix or a reason for this?

I am lost....

If you have not tried open-heart surgery on your notebook prior to bringing it to HP Services, I would recommend to go back, and ask, with a smile, to speak to "The Manager" ... or maybe you could defined what he meant by "Damaged".

Guest Reimar
I asked them why it is not under warranty as the notebook is only 1.5 years old and they said it is damaged so no warranty.

How long the original Warranty was? Is there any physical damage (Case broken or something like that)?

So, if still under Warranty time, nothing brocken, why is it out of Warranty?

Many times I asked the sales people: "What means Lifetime Warranty?" and: "Which Life, the Life of you, or me, or the Earth or the Product?" Answer: "just forever or as long as the manufacturer exist!"

If still under Warranty time and nothing broken, I would take the Invoice and Warranty Documents (if exist) and go the Royal Thai Police, Economic Crime Division and file a Report because they are responsible for Fraud against Consumers! After to do so would file a report to the News Media!