Quarantine with Family

I am a UK citizen, my wife is Thai. We both wish to travel to Thailand to visit her family and attend an important wedding ceremony.  We are aware of the respective requirements for Thais and Foreigners and believe we can meet them. But, is there any way we can travel together and quarantine in the same hotel together? If so, how do we arrange it.?

Many thanks,

Chris

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You wife could chose to stay in the same ASQ hotel as you are instead of a state quarantine one that is free. But you would have to stay in separate rooms.

There are actually family suits/family rooms at a few hotels. Quite expensive,though. 

• Like 2

Just Google 'ASQ-hotels in Thailand'.

I think there are 79 hotels at the moment. You can see what every hotel offers and what you're paying for. You can find family suites/family rooms,but they are quite expensive. Is a wedding ceremony worth the price for 2 persons? I personally doubt it. 

It's really a mute point, because UK citizens and anyone in the UK cannot obtain any travel permission to come to Thailand. At this time they are barred because of rise covit cases in the UK.  So impossible to travel probably for months, especially with all the hoops to go through also.

Sad, but the new world.

28 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

It's really a mute point, because UK citizens and anyone in the UK cannot obtain any travel permission to come to Thailand. At this time they are barred because of rise covit cases in the UK.  So impossible to travel probably for months, especially with all the hoops to go through also.

That is not correct. If a person can qualify to get a certificate of entry they can still enter the country from the UK.

The only visa people from the UK cannot get and use is the Special Tourist Visa.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You wife could chose to stay in the same ASQ hotel as you are instead of a state quarantine one that is free. But you would have to stay in separate rooms.

A friend and his wife recently returned to Thailand and were able to stay together.

This is from the Q&A of the hotel they stayed in. (Not posting a link so as not to break the rules about promoting or advertising.)

Q8. Can married couples share a hotel room?

Yes. A copy of the couple’s marriage certificate must be submitted when making the Alternative State Quarantine hotel reservation.