I feel quite stressed living the dream in Thailand with wife and child

bbabythai

You have let your child to express his mind and freedom unorganized for too long. He learned that stuff from his surrounding, friends and families. You should not only teach your child but also your wife because she is also a prominent example to her child.

Edited by alianware
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Seik said:

You call it educated, I call it indoctrinated. A therapist can do more harm than good when consulted on family matters in an era of Feminism, in which men's nature is consistently belittled and considered toxic. Asking for an opinion on your own situation and problems to friends or even on a forum is a very different thing, and it's the healthy thing to do when you are not battling with a mental illness, along with fixing the problem yourself, of course.

Looks like you have an issue with women.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

Go to a Buddhist Temple and enroll for a 2 week course on meditation...it will help you control your urge to become agitated by your family.

If you start feeling stressed once more...tell your wife you are going to the Temple to pray...she would not refuse such an honorable request...

Good Luck!

• Like 2

Many good suggestions here and a few that are marginal, IMHO.  I prefer peace and quiet and time to reflect.  My wife and I did a 1 week meditation retreat back in 1980.  I thought it was great, drove her crazy.  It's just our different natures.  We've managed to get along more or less OK and raised two boys, though there have been tough times emotionally.  Today is our 42nd anniversary ...  but we spent 2 years apart not long ago.  It was actually beneficial.

So, go with the flow, do what you need to do to keep your sanity.  Avoid "cabin fever".  Exercise, walk, garden, whatever it takes.  And do spend time with your child during these formative years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

half of a lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg tablet will restore peacefulness to your life until the storms that are surrounding us now pressure and depressing and sense of dread will pass, it helped me and many others i know to restore calm....

• Like 2

your son is 7.   at 7, I have no idea how they process their parents.  As long as you stay in his life, no matter what, even if it's a phone call as you find happiness.....anything to keep connected to your son.  yea, i'm retired and this is why i never had kids.  i enjoy my own time too much.  i can buy anything, do anything, be selfish and not hurt anyone, and then get in a relationship if i want without raising a family.  i guess what they say is true for some....once you have a kid, you must give 100% and do everything for them.   but people tell me it's the best thing in the world.   i prefer getting a dog and a girlfriend.   that's just me. 

I like my own space I could not live in a condo as a family, I have lived in condo's I had a great one iin BKK for almost 3 years 2 bedroom 3 bathrooms most of the time I live alone, people would why I have a big condo, I like the space. I live in Phuket now and have always live in a house the one we are in now we have been here for 10 years it's great because it had spare rooms and I fitted it out just like an office, nice desk and chair I even put a fridge and kettle to make a brew dont need to go in the kitchen and this room has the back door so I can leave that open, close it if I want the A/C on even keep some beers in the fridge I can go outside for a smoke couple of plastic chairs and a little table out the back,

Maybe look at some of the town houses around BKK a mate of mine lives in one with 3 floors with his family he has his own room at teh back with a balcony, anyway good luck

• Like 1