St. Louis couple indicted for brandishing guns at protesters

webfact

5 minutes ago, JimGant said:

So, in Missouri at least, a shopowner, with a huge glass front window, can't threaten a potential looter by aiming a firearm at him -- until that looter has actually thrown the brick through the window. But, if the looter doesn't throw the brick through the window, the shopowner is in violation of the law -- by brandishing a weapon and preventing a crime. Makes sense to leftward leaning Democrats, I guess.....

No, it makes sense according to the law. That is exactly why there is a possibility to prosecute the McCloskeys.

Also all your comment is weird. Is the shop owners standing looking out their windows for potential stone och brick throwers? Because that is what they must do to be able to take up a weapon for what you say would be protection before the stone is inside? Are they drawing faster than the stories of Wild Bill and Billy the Kid?

Edited by Matzzon

4 minutes ago, JimGant said:

So, in Missouri at least, a shopowner, with a huge glass front window, can't threaten a potential looter by aiming a firearm at him -- until that looter has actually thrown the brick through the window. But, if the looter doesn't throw the brick through the window, the shopowner is in violation of the law -- by brandishing a weapon and preventing a crime. Makes sense to leftward leaning Democrats, I guess.....

Point of Thai law. If you fatally shoot or stab an intruder on your property, you better make sure you did it ON your property and he dies on your property. A friend of mine, ex- Rhodesian army, disturbed a burglar on his Pattaya property and popped off a few rounds as the perp escaped over the front wall, killing him, whereupon he fell off the wall onto the street outside. After being apprised by his neighbor, the son of a cop, of the risk to his personal freedom that this crime scene presented, the neighbor helped him drag the corpse back inside and onto his front lawn. Then they called the cops.

The state of Missouri does allow the open carrying of firearms, as long as it is not done in a threatening manner.

So, I'm walking down the street with my sixshooter stuck in my belt, and carrying a large briefcase -- when two unkempt individuals start running towards me, one possibly holding a weapon. In Missouri, am I allowed to pull my sixshooter out and aim it at the two individuals? If not, Missouri is nuts.

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, JimGant said:

So, I'm walking down the street with my sixshooter stuck in my belt, and carrying a large briefcase -- when two unkempt individuals start running towards me, one possibly holding a weapon. In Missouri, am I allowed to pull my sixshooter out and aim it at the two individuals? If not, Missouri is nuts.

Is being ‘unkempt’ a reason to point your gun at people?

What if they were well dressed, would you still pull your ‘six shooter’.

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

How can you protect your property when nobody is entering it? Since when is it right to assume that someone will trespass on your property and point guns at people out of that belief?

it says right there on the entrance door that the protesters forced their way through: private property

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Grand Juries "Nearly" always do what is expected of them....so that isn't a surprise. The target of a grand jury investigation has no right to testify or put on a defense before the grand jury.

Was the crowd protesting at the McCloskey's, or just passing by on their way to protest somewhere else.?

If so it seems a bit extreme to come out with a gun.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, scammed said:

yes, if a mob were forcing their way through a gate that was meant to keep strangers out, i would also get my gun if i had any

Yee Haw cowboy! I'd prefer to live in a civilized society! Why are Americans such a threat to......Americans?

How many to times before did we have this discussion here.

We'll all have to wait and see, so far the best indication about the outcome we have is that the grand jury has said a crime may have been committed.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Was the crowd protesting at the McCloskey's, or just passing by on their way to protest somewhere else.?

If so it seems a bit extreme to come out with a gun.

what is known is that the gate had a sign stating 'private property'

it can be inferred that the mob didnt respect private property as they broke through that very gate,

relying on numerical superiority in case someone would contest their 'right' of entering private property

Edited by scammed

5 minutes ago, stevenl said:

How many to times before did we have this discussion here.

We'll all have to wait and see, so far the best indication about the outcome we have is that the grand jury has said a crime may have been committed.

it is known that a crime was committed, it occurred the second the mob broke through the gate

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Yee Haw cowboy! I'd prefer to live in a civilized society! Why are Americans such a threat to......Americans?

what is so civilized about committing crime by virtue of having numerical superiority in case of confrontation ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, scammed said:

it is known that a crime was committed, it occurred the second the mob broke through the gate

If they broke through the gate--Then I agree, but why ? who are the McCloskey's, why were they protesting against them? Or was it that after they waved their gun(s) around then the protesters encroached on them.? 

Edited by sanuk711

5 minutes ago, scammed said:

Don't let facts get in the way of your opinion. See my post you replied to.

Edited by stevenl

4 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

White. Black. White. Says who? How is this relevant? We have no way of knowing how the McCloskeys racially identify. Lots of people that at 1st appear to be white actually identify as being an ethnic minority for a variety of reasons. Just look at Rachel Dolezal, Jessica Krug and Elizabeth Warren. 

edit to add, and why does white get a small w, while Black gets a capital B in the same sentence? Reuters seem intent to race bait readers, very sad indeed.

That may be so, but the McCloskeys go to sleep at night safe and sound in the knowledge there are no rioters and trespassers smashing down their front gate and entering their property. Not sure whether they win the war, but they won this battle.

You've posted some questionable statements on here before but this one is in a class of it's own. Are you seriously asking whether the McCloskeys identified as being white or black? I'll tell you what (and mind I'm no expert here) I'm going to guess they identify as white. It's a long shot (excuse the pun) but I think I might be right.

And no one was 'smashing down their front gate'. The damaged gate was at the entrance to the complex and was shown by video to be undamaged whist most of the protestors entered. Non one was on their property; everyone was on the street peacefully passing by their property. They didn't have to leave their house and they certainly didn't have to appear on their own lawn brandishing firearms.

Anyway, it's irrlevant what you and the rest of those on here supporting these clowns think. A jury of their peers have found them guilty as what they did was against the law. Now since so many of you are all about law and order, you would think you would be quite happy to support this decision but no, the law is only correct (self-defence for Kyle Rittenhouse for example) when it suits your agenda.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Anyway, it's irrlevant what you and the rest of those on here supporting these clowns think. A jury of their peers have found them guilty as what they did was against the law. Now since so many of you are all about law and order, you would think you would be quite happy to support this decision but no, the law is only correct (self-defence for Kyle Rittenhouse for example) when it suits your agenda.

Did you even read the thread title , let alone the report on the first page  ?

(The Court case hasnt been held yet)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

I object to that kind of language being used , what exactly are you referring to when you say "clean race" person ?

Sounds like another racist remark from you 

Another? Where is the others?

5 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Anyway, it's irrlevant what you and the rest of those on here supporting these clowns think. A jury of their peers have found them guilty

I don't think a grand jury found them guilty johnnybanhkok....that's not what they do.

But they found there was case to answer and they will go to court...unless someone intervenes

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

I don't think a grand jury found them guilty johnnybanhkok....that's not what they do.

But they found there was case to answer and they will go to court...unless someone intervenes

Yes, grand juries are famous for being able to indict a ham sandwich. 

That said, the McCloskey's seem a few slices short of a full sandwich.