St. Louis couple indicted for brandishing guns at protesters

webfact

On 10/7/2020 at 4:26 AM, Matzzon said:

How is what you post relevant? Who broke down any gate or trespassed on the McCloskeys property? Take a good look at the picture. They are outside their fence and unarmed. The only ones that are a danger to society is the McCloskeys.

The lovely peaceful protesters did tear down the gate. The whole place is private. They were trespassing. 

Ebr3LaAWsAIJq0H.jpg

5efa1fb92abf9.image.jpg

On 10/7/2020 at 8:01 AM, scammed said:

yes, if a mob were forcing their way through a gate that was meant to keep strangers out, i would also get my gun if i had any

What's stopping you? Briton? If so, I pity you.

I just recently bought a Type 56 (Chinese AK clone, 5,56mm's stopping power isn't that great ???? ), because I ❤️ irony.

It's funny how these DAs won't hesitate to charge people protecting their property, yet let all those arrested rioters go, without charging them (even if they injured cops, blinded them with lasers, etc.)...

It's almost as if they're totally biased, towards their own ilk, and wanting to fan the flames of conflict... who knows, if the Marshalls hadn't shot the Antifa assassin (Portland), the Portland DA might have ruled self defence and declined to charge...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FarangULong said:

I just recently bought a Type 56 (Chinese AK clone, 5,56mm's stopping power isn't that great ???? ), because I ❤️ irony.

You bought a Chinese weapon to shoot fellow Americans with? trump got it wrong, America's great already!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FarangULong said:

It's funny how these DAs won't hesitate to charge people protecting their property, yet let all those arrested rioters go, without charging them (even if they injured cops, blinded them with lasers, etc.)...

It's almost as if they're totally biased, towards their own ilk, and wanting to fan the flames of conflict... who knows, if the Marshalls hadn't shot the Antifa assassin (Portland), the Portland DA might have ruled self defence and declined to charge...

They werent protecting their property. No one was on it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Isaanfreak said:

The lovely peaceful protesters did tear down the gate. The whole place is private. They were trespassing. 

Ebr3LaAWsAIJq0H.jpg

5efa1fb92abf9.image.jpg

They werent on their property. But the mcloskeys do have form for brandishing guns at people who are on a common area but they considered it their own private property.

11 hours ago, Isaanfreak said:

That they broke down the entrance gate I am very well aware of. I was posting about the McCloskeys property. In all other cases the should be security guards to handle the matter. Not residents and ordinary citizens screaming madly and uncontrolled while brandishing guns on people. This was clearly a job for security guards and the police.

16 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

You bought a Chinese weapon to shoot fellow Americans with? trump got it wrong, America's great already!

You know what they say about assumptions, right?

A) I'm not an American. I'm European.

B) I've owned guns for years (and I also have a carry permit, we don't differentiate here between open and concealed carry), long before being a leftist thug and/or Black supremacist became socially acceptable/almost mainstream.

C) I'm not sure which part of my post suggests, that I bought it to shoot anyone in particular, whether they're "fellow Americans" (if we'd pretend for a moment, that I was indeed American/living in the US) or my fellow country men... I merely stated, that I love irony, because it WOULD BE ironic, if the Lefties seriously tried revolting, rather than just rioting and whining about non-existent Fascism, that one of the guns potentially keeping them away from me & my loved ones, happens to be a Ch*Com made clone of another Commie gun (a classic, though)....

• Like 1

17 hours ago, FarangULong said:

I can only find figures from a few months ago but back in June there was over 10,000 people arrested during the protests (I have to assume it's a great deal more now). 

'Many of the arrests have been for low-level offenses such as curfew violations and failure to disperse. Hundreds were arrested on burglary and looting charges.' https://apnews.com/article/bb2404f9b13c8b53b94c73f818f6a0b7

Conviction numbers are harder to find as many court cases are currently ongoing but if you read this article you will see there is plenty of enthusiasm for convictions at both the state and federal level   https://www.voanews.com/usa/300-and-counting-push-feds-arrest-us-protests

As usual, you are making things up to suit your own narrative and disingenuously trying to make out that protestors are getting special treatment. That is blatanly untrue. If they broke the law (especially more serious crimes such as burning and looting), they are getting arrested and convicted. 

What is apparent though is out of the estimated 15-26 MILLION protestors (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_protests_in_the_United_States_by_size), the number of arrests still represent a small fraction of the overall numbers (less than 1%), further confirming that the protesting was and continues to be mainly peaceful (to include the people who walked past the McCloskeys). Looting, burglary and nefarious night time rioting continues to be a concern but this idea that nothing is being done about it is false.    

Edited by johnnybangkok
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Matzzon said:

This was clearly a job for security guards and the police.

You're right -- except the loonie left is in the process of defunding the police, so you'll now get a "line disconnected" when you call the police (or dial 911). For the fortunate few who live in gated communities, yeah, hiring armed security guards might do. But for the rest of us, who have worked hard and live in upscale -- but ungated communities -- I guess we'll now have to buy firearms -- to defend ourselves against the ne'er do wells, who will now be emboldened by the lack of a police force to keep the thugs off our property. The McCloskeys are just a sign of things that, sadly, will now come about with the demise of law and order by the touchyfeelies.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, JimGant said:

You're right -- except the loonie left is in the process of defunding the police, so you'll now get a "line disconnected" when you call the police (or dial 911). For the fortunate few who live in gated communities, yeah, hiring armed security guards might do. But for the rest of us, who have worked hard and live in upscale -- but ungated communities -- I guess we'll now have to buy firearms -- to defend ourselves against the ne'er do wells, who will now be emboldened by the lack of a police force to keep the thugs off our property. The McCloskeys are just a sign of things that, sadly, will now come about with the demise of law and order by the touchyfeelies.

But, this was about a gated community. Nothing else!

What the heck is "touchyfeelies"???? Something the cowards that need a gun made up?

2 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

I can only find figures from a few months ago but back in June there was over 10,000 people arrested during the protests (I have to assume it's a great deal more now). 

'Many of the arrests have been for low-level offenses such as curfew violations and failure to disperse. Hundreds were arrested on burglary and looting charges.' https://apnews.com/article/bb2404f9b13c8b53b94c73f818f6a0b7

Conviction numbers are harder to find as many court cases are currently ongoing but if you read this article you will see there is plenty of enthusiasm for convictions at both the state and federal level   https://www.voanews.com/usa/300-and-counting-push-feds-arrest-us-protests

As usual, you are making things up to suit your own narrative and disingenuously trying to make out that protestors are getting special treatment. That is blatanly untrue. If they broke the law (especially more serious crimes such as burning and looting), they are getting arrested and convicted. 

What is apparent though is out of the estimated 15-26 MILLION protestors (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_protests_in_the_United_States_by_size), the number of arrests still represent a small fraction of the overall numbers (less than 1%), further confirming that the protesting was and continues to be mainly peaceful (to include the people who walked past the McCloskeys). Looting, burglary and nefarious night time rioting continues to be a concern but this idea that nothing is being done about it is false.    

Hahaha, ok. I am making things up, "as usual" (care to give me examples, what I am making up?).

Yes, FEDERAL prosecutors are charging them. However, many rioters have been let go by LOCAL DAs. I clearly said LOCAL. I know, I know... you lefties love selective reading/selective memory/selective facts, etc.

And not just for misdemeanors either.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/gdpr-consent/?next_url=https%3a%2f%2fwww.washingtonpost.com%2flocal%2fpublic-safety%2fprosecutors-drop-many-rioting-charges-as-dozens-charged-in-dc-protests-appear-in-court%2f2020%2f06%2f01%2fb581d5d2-a38b-11ea-bb20-ebf0921f3bbd_story.html

https://www.kptv.com/news/multnomah-co-da-announces-his-office-will-decline-to-prosecute-certain-protest-related-charges/article_0289b146-dbff-11ea-aee8-5f1693753950.html

https://www.wweek.com/news/courts/2020/08/11/district-attorney-mike-schmidt-will-drop-the-majority-of-current-charges-again-portland-protesters/

"

What that means, in real numbers: Of the 550 protest cases that have been referred to the district attorney's office between May 29 and Aug. 10, 417 were misdemeanors, and 133 were felonies. The most common misdemeanor charge was interfering with a peace officer (313 cases), and the most common felony charge was riot (44 cases).

After reviewing the 550 cases, the DA's office now plans to prosecute 47, all of which are felony cases. An additional 86 felony cases are still pending."

So basically he dropped almost 100 felony charges, esp. resisting arrest, interfering with police (ie when someone else is arrested), etc.

Edit: Who cares how large some of these INITIAL protests were? Especially when they are based on lies (George Floyd NOT dying due to any knees on "his neck").

Edited by FarangULong
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, JimGant said:

You obviously dont understand what defunding the police is all about.
It doesn’t and shouldn’t mean less police, that’s just far right spin. It’s about the allocation of police funds to other community help departments better suited to handling matters such as domestic violence, vagrancy, psychiatric issues etc thus freeing up the police to do what they should be doing I.e. focusing on serious crime. 
I think there’s enough disinformation going around without your histrionics so please educate yourself before commenting. It’ll save a lot of time in the future. 

• Like 1

On 10/8/2020 at 5:18 AM, Hanuman2547 said:

This couple just did all the wrong things.  They were merely marching past their house to the mayors house.  There was no reason to come outside with firearms.  They should have just stayed in their house, with their guns if they want to, and let them pass by.  If someone, anyone, were to enter their house without permission then they would be within their right to display their weapons.  Instead they escalated a situation which didn't need to be done.  Hopefully they will be convicted, sentenced, and serve their prison time.  In addition they will be disbarred from the legal profession.  

Of course.

Any person who has passed the bar would/should/could have played the possible scenario of publicly brandish and point guns at people.

They should be disbarred.

8 hours ago, FarangULong said:

Hahaha, ok. I am making things up, "as usual" (care to give me examples, what I am making up?).

Yes, FEDERAL prosecutors are charging them. However, many rioters have been let go by LOCAL DAs. I clearly said LOCAL. I know, I know... you lefties love selective reading/selective memory/selective facts, etc.

I do believe that State prosecutors are pursuing charges against the McCloskeys.  The same race baiting DA office that failed to prosecute the BLM related rioting in St. Louis at the local level. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/12/2020 at 12:29 PM, johnnybangkok said:

Your original statement read 'yet let all those arrested rioters go, without charging them (even if they injured cops, blinded them with lasers, etc.)...' infering that no one is being charged and everyone is getting off. However your post above talks about 'After reviewing the 550 cases, the DA's office now plans to prosecute 47, all of which are felony cases. An additional 86 felony cases are still pending." Taking the pending cases in hand (which of course haven't been decided yet) that makes 133 cases in total which is in fact the same number you quoted as all the cases that were regarded as felonies.  

It speaks volumes, that they're still "pending", after all this time. That is what I'm getting at. It doesn't take that long, to investigate, especially with bodycams involved.

But I guess it's easier, to just pick out a select few (to pretend you're doing your job), and let the rest off the hook. Sensible approach or no, who the <deleted> is this guy, to decide when to apply the law, and when not to? Sure, felony cases should take priority over misdemeanors, but he can always charge at a late date, rather than just doing nothing. Not to mention leaving other felony cases "pending" for MONTHS... But quick to charge people, defending themselves from the mob.

Caught up or not. If you hang around people throwing stones, etc. you deserve everything coming your way. I've been to demonstrations myself (Iraq invasion, Wehrmacht-exhibition [before you call me a Nazi, they used faked images from Soviet propaganda, lied about the Katyn massacre having been perpertrated by the Wehrmacht, instead of the Red Army, etc. Accuracy matters, so does truth...], and a few others), yet I didn't throw rocks at the police or the lefties, but I was pelted with bottles, etc.

If you stick around these people, cheer them on/fail to stop them, then you shouldn't cry about being charged with anything afterwards. And what kind of stupid excuse is "caught up in the melee"?! Resisting the police is a crime, period. Stay around the "front" when projectiles are being thrown, fires set, etc. and then even fight back if the cops advance, then you have no one to blame but yourself. Same thing if you don#t "police" your fellow protesters. Even right wing marches full of drunken skinheads are better organized, with people on the inside who WILL drop the hammer on people, who don't behave.

13 hours ago, FarangULong said:

It speaks volumes, that they're still "pending", after all this time. That is what I'm getting at. It doesn't take that long, to investigate, especially with bodycams involved.

But I guess it's easier, to just pick out a select few (to pretend you're doing your job), and let the rest off the hook. Sensible approach or no, who the <deleted> is this guy, to decide when to apply the law, and when not to? Sure, felony cases should take priority over misdemeanors, but he can always charge at a late date, rather than just doing nothing. Not to mention leaving other felony cases "pending" for MONTHS... But quick to charge people, defending themselves from the mob.

Caught up or not. If you hang around people throwing stones, etc. you deserve everything coming your way. I've been to demonstrations myself (Iraq invasion, Wehrmacht-exhibition [before you call me a Nazi, they used faked images from Soviet propaganda, lied about the Katyn massacre having been perpertrated by the Wehrmacht, instead of the Red Army, etc. Accuracy matters, so does truth...], and a few others), yet I didn't throw rocks at the police or the lefties, but I was pelted with bottles, etc.

If you stick around these people, cheer them on/fail to stop them, then you shouldn't cry about being charged with anything afterwards. And what kind of stupid excuse is "caught up in the melee"?! Resisting the police is a crime, period. Stay around the "front" when projectiles are being thrown, fires set, etc. and then even fight back if the cops advance, then you have no one to blame but yourself. Same thing if you don#t "police" your fellow protesters. Even right wing marches full of drunken skinheads are better organized, with people on the inside who WILL drop the hammer on people, who don't behave.

I'm really not sure where you are going with all this. Your initial comments talked about people not being charged at all but now you seem to agree that yes, they are being charged but there's too many 'pending'. 

There can be many reasons for them to be pending; they could have been recent arrests and they are still formulating evidence, there could be a back-log at the courts, there might be a shortage of prosecutors due to the Covid pandemic. Whatever the reason you cannot assume 'it doesn't take that long, to investigate' because you're not privy to the reasons for the delay. Correlation is not causation so your assumptions hold no merit.

As for your next statement of 'who the <deleted> is this guy, to decide when to apply the law, and when not to?' - he's the DA, that's excatly his job. A DA's duties typically include reviewing police arrest reports, deciding whether to bring criminal charges against arrested people, and prosecuting criminal cases in court.   https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/district_attorney_(da)#:~:text=A DA's duties typically include,Attorneys or Assistant District Attorneys.  

And last but not least, your next statement 'Caught up or not. If you hang around people throwing stones, etc. you deserve everything coming your way,' is, by your own admission, just nonsense. You attended the Wehrmacht-exhibition demonstration which was predominately demonstrated by neo-Nazi's so did you 'deserve everything coming your way,' to be included branded a neo-Nazi and treated like one?  And when you were 'pelted with bottles,' did you 'Stay around the "front" or did you move away from the trouble because that's not what you were there for? If you are peacfully protesting but a group of hooligans start 'throwing stones, etc.', how can that be your fault? You would likely move quickly away from these people, putting as much distance between you as possible but there is a chance you could get caught in the melee through no fault of your own. And when the police start to regain order, there's very little chance of them stoping to ask whether you personally are doing anything wrong. Their approach is very much to grab whole groups of people, chuck them in a paddy wagon and sort them all out later. Those that decide to 'stay around the "front" when projectiles are being thrown, fires set, etc. and then even fight back if the cops advance..........' are not the people I am refering to. Please do not conflate the two as they are obviously part of the rioting and looting segment.

NB:- You mentioned you've been to a Wehrmacht-exhibition demonstration but asked not to be called a Nazi. I won't call you a Nazi as I don't know enough about the demonstration (other than what I've just read) or your own political thoughts but I will say it's an odd thing to demonstrate when the vast majority of demonstrators there were neo-Nazi's. Maybe you have a different, altruistic motive for demonstrating but that and how you are particularly well versed in the inner workings of 'right wing marches full of drunken skinheads' does kind of look like you might be more right wing than you are letting on. P.S. No need to comment on this. It's just an observation and will take us off-track if you do.