Covid 100.000 USD insurance

If the things will not change it seems that for reentering in Thailand we will have to confront with this problem.

I was looking in internet and I found LUMA Thailand Pass that looks to cover up to 3.500.000 baht, Covid included, at the cost of 34.000 baht per year or 20.000 baht per 180 days, until the age of 74.
It does not look expensive. But note that the customer has to anticipate the payment and would get back the refund later. 
Does anybody know this policy or had found other alternatives ?

For the moment I only found LMG, that is cheap for the 400.000 baht generic health insurance (with a deductible of 200.000...) but that for Covid coverage asks 10.000 baht/month for an age between 61 and 75.

Thanks, Ubonjoe, but if I check the price on TGIA for one year, declaring my country of origin as Italy, the price for one year is 43.200 baht (that is well more than LUMA).

If I put UK, where the situation is much worse than in Italy, as country of origin, the price for one year goes down to 23.040 baht.........
A bit surprising....

11 minutes ago, federicoP said:

Thanks, Ubonjoe, but if I check the price on TGIA for one year, declaring my country of origin as Italy, the price for one year is 43.200 baht (that is well more than LUMA).

If I put UK, where the situation is much worse than in Italy, as country of origin, the price for one year goes down to 23.040 baht.........
A bit surprising....

Are you going to stay 1 year or longer? If staying a shorter period a travel insurance from Italy or online might be cheaper than a Thai insurance. It's about making big money from foreigners here in Thailand. 

3 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Are you going to stay 1 year or longer? If staying a shorter period a travel insurance from Italy or online might be cheaper than a Thai insurance. It's about making big money from foreigners here in Thailand. 

I stay every year about 6-8 months.

I am afraid that with an european insurance it will be difficult to have them to sign the declaration that they are in compliance with the thai law. If cheap, I would prefer a thai insurance.

By the way, I have an health coverage from a mutual organization that covers my health everywhere in the world, but it is not an "insurance".

So I need only a piece of paper to make happy the thai immigration

9 hours ago, bermondburi said:

Sorry to jump on this, but i read that the insurance has to cover the duration of your visa, not your stay. 

No, I believe it is based on how long a Permission to Stay you will be given. So for your example 90 days should suffice. In the case of a Non-Imm OX, it would be 12 months (not 5 years), although if the insurance had say 11 months left one might only get stamped in for the 11 months by a vigilant IO. Not heard much about that likelihood lately.

13 hours ago, bermondburi said:

Sorry to jump on this, but i read that the insurance has to cover the duration of your visa, not your stay. 

If I come on a one year multi entry does the insurance have to cover the whole year or the 1st 90 days? 

That's my understanding also.

One year multi-entry Non-O Visa requires a year-long covid insurance coverage.

90 day single entry Non-O requires insurance coverage for 90 days.

40 minutes ago, unheard said:

One year multi-entry Non-O Visa requires a year-long covid insurance coverage.

Everything I have read it is only needed for the length of stay your visa allows when you enter the country. With a single or multiple entry non-o visa that would be 90 days. 

OK, so if you are trying to enter (re-enter) the country now then obviously you are bound by the rules.

I’m not one for forecasting on this site, but anyone else should not concern themselves as I cannot in all honesty see this directive having any lasting life if Thailand is serious about re-opening its doors to tourism.

I’m not a gambler either but I’ll wage 10 baht on a substantial change (scrapping) of this requirement in 2021.

Now, if Thai government see this as an opportunity to ‘clean up’ then I’ve lost my 10 baht; but will they win or will big business win?

• Haha 1