No mask, no entry: Video of automatic face scanner at Thai store goes viral

webfact

55 minutes ago, Leadidge said:

Who cares? You’re on the internet. Between Facebook, Twitter, Instagram Google your tax returns and passport, etc etc, there’s nothing ‘They’ don’t already know about you!! 
unless you have something to it doesn’t matter!

there was a company offering to chip people and kept saying how safe it was.

Up stepped a computer tech guy, who then scanned these "secure" chips and showed everyone the personal details on these chips

Exit one red face company 

Same as passport chips, can read these so easily, with a simple machine

Anything that is chipped, can be hacked, so never secure 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, micmichd said:

They still point at you to wear a mask, get your temperature taken and leave your telephone number at the desk. Even if you come in the wrong way. 

It may look like mickey mouse to you because they're still smiling. But they're serious about it. 

not for me they dont ! 

temperature yes, anything else no, just walk straight past, never asked, never stopped

When it was enforced, it was amazing how many M Mouse there was, with a phone number 123456789 !

• Like 1

Thailand have no corvid 19 says the goverment so why all this problems at the stores? There is many other things that people can have fever eks infection after cut in finger,malaria,dengue etc they are not contagious but can not enter shops.

This is high level of stupidity and will end with no tourist even when open border for all. Using mask only work well if you not touching it and cover nose and mouth mens 99.9% of all mask use in Thailand are unnecessary and help for nothing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VBF said:

In theory, your idea is great, and thank you for including "Information is useful, how it is used and secured is the concern"   and for your reference to "the wrong hands."

Because that is the reason that your idea is only good in theory.

Allow me to  add another phrase as a caveat: "Human Nature" - now read, or re-read Orwell's "1984" and please remember yet another phrase: "All power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely"

I already pointed out how it can become, shall we say misused. Most of what a chip could enable is already not just possible but being actively done already. Credit cards, CCTV, smart speakers, PCs and of course mobile phones track your every move and gather mountains of other information. The only difference is they can be avoided but it would still be hard. A chip is not that much of a change and if used for the benefit of the majority with safeguards where needed, it could be of great benefit, such as reducing the transmission of covid. In the UK I would have little concern about the misuse of it by the government but security of the system would be a problem. Anywhere that the government cannot easily be changed by a regular free and fair vote would be much more worrying. In that case chips could be imposed anyway.

2 minutes ago, chang1 said:

I already pointed out how it can become, shall we say misused. Most of what a chip could enable is already not just possible but being actively done already. Credit cards, CCTV, smart speakers, PCs and of course mobile phones track your every move and gather mountains of other information. The only difference is they can be avoided but it would still be hard. A chip is not that much of a change and if used for the benefit of the majority with safeguards where needed, it could be of great benefit, such as reducing the transmission of covid. In the UK I would have little concern about the misuse of it by the government but security of the system would be a problem. Anywhere that the government cannot easily be changed by a regular free and fair vote would be much more worrying. In that case chips could be imposed anyway.

Mobile phone and chip on cards can you put away when not needed but chip on a person can not have you think about that?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, terje johnsen said:

Mobile phone and chip on cards can you put away when not needed but chip on a person can not have you think about that?

Yes, I mentioned it in the post you quoted.

17 minutes ago, Superphoenix said:

Yes. But not you... You, will be a chipped one. You’re a sheep. 

Better to be a live sheep than a dead wolf. Better still a wolf in sheeps clothing. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, chang1 said:

Yes, we sort of agreed but I just wanted to explicitly express the objections I wrote. And agreeing with you and @terje johnsen that mobiles, cards, etc may be left at home. Once you're chipped THAT'S IT!

We have these at the Tesco shopping center here in Phetchabun. I think they also check your temperature. And, there's always an attendant monitoring it to make sure no one tries to bypass it.

I think they are a great idea and wish they were being used in more stores.

On 10/8/2020 at 11:15 AM, webfact said:

A global over-reaction of epic proportions - we've been utterly played by the Chinese over this one. I bet they can't believe it themselves”.

Covidiots managing to spell, how refreshing to see their inability to reason and think hasn’t affected their muscle memory skills. 

Well done that idiots teacher on teaching them rudimentary skills that they have not lost

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I think that this device is great, and will save some staff at stores and other public places the danger

of having an anti-masker super spreader yelling at them and spreading their germs at the

same time. I think that this virus will be with us for several more years, so gearing up with

technology is a good idea.      Anti-maskers should just all stay home, at your own homes.                     Work from there and have everything delivered to you. Problem solved.

Geezer

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/8/2020 at 9:15 AM, webfact said:

I was in Thailand Jan to Apr, the difference in Covid-19 approach between Thailand and UK was staggering!

The author of that statement must have been in a different Thailand to the one I visited in both January and March. I can't speak of shopping Malls but I drove nearly 4000km visiting plenty of service stations, attended a wedding, travelled to Vietnam and back and saw very few precautions being taken - apart from people wearing face masks, that was widespread.

Chan-o-Cha appeared on TV showing rigorous checks being made at airports - I wasn't checked on my way out to Vietnam and only one passenger had their temperature checked at Don Mueang on the way back.  All that happened inbound and out was that I was asked if I'd visited China or Italy - asked......... nobody checked my passport to see if I was telling the truth.

Thailand, as far as I remember rightly, was also accepting Chinese tourists until mid April.

So, whilst I'm in no way defending the UK's response at that time, I'd hardly say the difference was staggering - a lot of talk, very little action.

2 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I think that this device is great, and will save some staff at stores and other public places the danger

of having an anti-masker super spreader yelling at them and spreading their germs at the

same time. I think that this virus will be with us for several more years, so gearing up with

technology is a good idea.      Anti-maskers should just all stay home, at your own homes.                     Work from there and have everything delivered to you. Problem solved.

Geezer

I totally agree.  There are two distinct types of people in the world.  Those that care for others and those that only  ever think about what they want for themselves.  Ever has it been so.

There a lot of devices being use here in Thailand that the rest of the World is not using. That’s great and the rest of the World should takes notes. 

If they can help identify a person that may be infected, thumbs up. I would like to know if I were infected so that I could get medical care. Why pass this virus on to others.  To me anyone that’s complains about medical prevention devices, most likely don’t have a life.  These people are the one you need to stay away from. 

On 10/8/2020 at 3:23 PM, johng said:

Totally agree with those 3 statements.

They have this setup at South Pattaya  Tesco Lotus...you can just walk in through  the  "out"  door ????

I thought "In through the out door" was a Led Zeppelin album ????

1 hour ago, Truth Will Set You Free said:

There a lot of devices being use here in Thailand that the rest of the World is not using. That’s great and the rest of the World should takes notes. 

If they can help identify a person that may be infected, thumbs up. I would like to know if I were infected so that I could get medical care. Why pass this virus on to others.  To me anyone that’s complains about medical prevention devices, most likely don’t have a life.  These people are the one you need to stay away from. 

Hmmm, your first line is interesting. I spoke to family in New Zealand yesterday evening (Thai time) and they said that hadn't got anything like the scanner and gate where they live. They hadn't even seen a mention of it on their news.

However, I disagree that they come under the heading of prevention devices...the are detection devices. They might help prevent the spread of airborne viruses etc. with the store but not outside of it. So I'd like to ask the questions; are you are in favour of these devices being placed additionally elsewhere (such as hotels, restaurants or perhaps even placed outside your residence)?

I bet it will see a beard as a mask.  Just went through the one at Tesco Sth Pattaya. My wife said something as it was scanning me so I turned my head, gate opened. Hmm another fine product from bustards incorporated.  About as good as immigration Apps, may be coded and tested(?) by the same people.

Cheers

Edited by Litlos