No mask, no entry: Video of automatic face scanner at Thai store goes viral

webfact

16 hours ago, Kadilo said:

But why are they needed?

According to one regular Thairang poster all Thais already wear them. 

You missed the signs in English haha.

Based on some comments here, this high-tech gate seems to be necessary unfortunately... Ah, and for the big brother guys: No need to wear sun glasses on top, face recognition doesn't work with masks currently (Apple is feeling the pain...) and the cameras aren't good enough to do iris scans at such a distance.

Edited by pentagara

yes the mask dropping is getting big time in our area, we just had a very big wot day here thousands attended and only 1 in 30 or less wore masks, we have not had one case of the Chinese flue, do you think that will change now?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tounge Thaied said:

It's all fun and games until one day you're not allowed to buy food unless you have been chipped. And then what's next? Use your imagination. 

That is not far away for all, apparently the 'Big plan' is the Chinese way, if not chipped and vaccinated no banking, no traveling, very difficult to buy food and anything else, meaning, you will only survive if you have a 'helping hand' like close family members or close friends, all of them always looking over their shoulders for a snitch, or, you comply with the 'Establishments' orders.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomazbodner said:

In 1887, British Prime Minister Robert Gascoyne-Cecil appointed his nephew Arthur James Balfour as Minister for Ireland. The phrase 'Bob's your uncle' was coined when Arthur referred to the Prime Minister as 'Uncle Bob'. Apparently, it's very simple to become a minister when Bob's your uncle!

You are most likely right but where did ' Bob's your uncle , Fannies your aunt ' come from ? Was she the PM's wife ?

19 hours ago, johng said:

Totally agree with those 3 statements.

They have this setup at South Pattaya  Tesco Lotus...you can just walk in through  the  "out"  door ????

They still point at you to wear a mask, get your temperature taken and leave your telephone number at the desk. Even if you come in the wrong way. 

It may look like mickey mouse to you because they're still smiling. But they're serious about it. 

47 minutes ago, JusticeGB said:

Many people who are wearing the masks are not covering their noses which halves the protection of the masks. Inside Malls I have seen many people who actually take the masks off once they get through the front door. 

probably comes down to the wording of the Signs... 

- must have mask on to enter

- must have mask on to shop here

I've been using it – i.e. bothe mask and the Tesco-Lotus entrance scanner-gate – it's Okay.

As long as we have a pandemic, and some feel unsafe, or even scared, it's not that big a problem to wear a mask in a shopping center and other required places. It doesn't matter if the mask helps anything like physical virus protection or not; the important part being that especially vulnerable groups feel safe...:thumbsup:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

"[The beast] also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name. This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. That number is 666."

If it came from the bible it must be true. You've got my vote! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, johnarth said:

yes the mask dropping is getting big time in our area, we just had a very big wot day here thousands attended and only 1 in 30 or less wore masks, we have not had one case of the Chinese flue, do you think that will change now?

no

2 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Whatever not. We may disagree fundamentally on a couple of political matters (principally to do with Brexit) but that doesn't mean that we can't on occasions agree on other things.

I know there is usually some common ground, was just surprised about this one. 

I don't get it why people have so much problems with masks. I can't say I enjoy wearing one but even if it protects a bit its good. Thailand did the right thing in Uk an my country there will be new lockdowns and restrictions because of open borders and people totally not following the rules. 

I rather have this whole covid thing over and done with but that wont happen anytime soon so we just have to live with it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tounge Thaied said:

It's all fun and games until one day you're not allowed to buy food unless you have been chipped. And then what's next? Use your imagination. 

Who cares? You’re on the internet. Between Facebook, Twitter, Instagram Google your tax returns and passport, etc etc, there’s nothing ‘They’ don’t already know about you!! 
unless you have something to it doesn’t matter!

18 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

"[The beast] also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name. This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. That number is 666."

Well I guess whoever wrote the bible were tin foil hat wearers conspiracy nuts... 

18 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Of <deleted>!!! That’s drama queen material!

I am sceptical of the degree of protection these masks provide, but, as robblok says above (post #67), if they do some good then fine. At first I found them irksome, now I am used to them. I certainly don't regard them as an affront to my personal liberty.

There are plenty of theories as to why the pandemic has had different effects here and in other countries; racial, climate, lifestyle, prevalence of air-conditioning and "indoor" lifestyle, personal protection measures and so on. Personally I have my pet theory, like most, however leaving that aside I do think that mask wearing in particular serves as a obvious visible reminder that there is an infectious viral disease around, and that we must take precautions. That alone may go some way to explaining the lower infection rates here.

I cringe when I see some of video footage knocking around of the (usually) fat and (generally) insanitary knackers bellowing at unfortunate shop staff that, by asking them to wear a mask they are somehow infringing their "constitutional rights"! As for that hideous blond harridan who features so often on Facebook sticking her unmasked visage into the camera to ask if "she is cute"...

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 2