Amnesty or not

My non B extension expires on Oct. 21st. Will I then automatically be on amnesty even if I don't go to immigration to cancel the visa? I'm worried that if I do go, my visa will be cancelled and I'll have to leave the country the same day or can I apply for some kind of amnesty extension and for how long? What is the best course of action? Much appreciated

18 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

You are already on an amnesty until October 31 but will probably get stamped until November 30 if you go to immigration. You are not going to extend your Non-B another year or change reason for another 1 year extension? 

Thanks for reply. School has decided they can't afford to keep me for another year due to drop in student enrollment but what do you mean by "change reason"? Do you mean there is another way to get a 1 year extension?

56 minutes ago, Andrew45 said:

what do you mean by "change reason"? Do you mean there is another way to get a 1 year extension?

Agents can get you a non-O "volunteer" 1 year extension in-country from an expired non-B.
You won't be allowed to work though.

Edited by bjaz
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Andrew45 said:

Thanks for reply. School has decided they can't afford to keep me for another year due to drop in student enrollment but what do you mean by "change reason"? Do you mean there is another way to get a 1 year extension?

That means change to another type of extension such as marriage, attending school and etc.

If you want to stay beyond the 31st of the month your best option may be to get a letter from you embassy to apply for a 30 day extension that would allow you to stay until November 30th when you current extension ends.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That means change to another type of extension such as marriage, attending school and etc.

If you want to stay beyond the 31st of the month your best option may be to get a letter from you embassy to apply for a 30 day extension that would allow you to stay until November 30th when you current extension ends.

Thanks for that Ubonjoe. So, just to be sure, what you are saying is that I am good until 31st October regardless of the fact that the current stamp on my passport is 21st Oct. ?

35 minutes ago, Andrew45 said:

Thanks for that Ubonjoe. So, just to be sure, what you are saying is that I am good until 31st October regardless of the fact that the current stamp on my passport is 21st Oct. ?

After the 21st you would be under the amnesty until the 31st.

If you applied for a 30 day extension you it would start on November 1st.

• Like 1