Top Thai doctor repeats warnings about opening country to foreign tourists

webfact

14 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

Currently with so many travel restrictions to many countries, i see this as a great time & opportunity to boost domestic tourism. 

Well they’ve tried that . How close do you think that’ll come to substituting the huge overseas tourist market they had ( look at some current pictures of Phuket,samui etc.) ? Perhaps it’ll be as successful as the STV initiative to Chinese tourists? Lol ???? 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

Well they’ve tried that . How close do you think that’ll come to substituting the huge overseas tourist market they had ( look at some current pictures of Phuket,samui etc.) ? Perhaps it’ll be as successful as the STV initiative to Chinese tourists? Lol ???? 

You do realize that domestic tourism numbers are actually higher than international ones? 
Sure, it does not bring in as much money because domestic tourists spend less time in one place.
But with the current situation, domestic tourism will naturally increase anyway . It's also up to local business owners to come up with ideas to stimulate it to.
That STV initiative is a joke. It was never going to work

Edited by Kaopad999
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, agoodpunt said:

but a managed opening should be looked at for expats who have commitments and support thai families should be offered

That i absolutely agree with. They really have been unfair towards that group of people.

Edited by Kaopad999
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, lkv said:

It's funny you believe those numbers.

Do you also believe there is no prostitution in Pattaya?

I find it fascinating how the human mind works in many. They realise the Thai government is lying about just everything, but when it comes to covid numbers...NO NO...surely they must be telling the truth.

The human mind works the way the owner thinks... no more, no less.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

That i absolutely agree with. They really have been unfair towards that group of people.

Expats with Thai families can return.

The exception being unmarried foreigners with no kids.

They are deliberately excluding retirees as they are high risk for COVID-19.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, lkv said:

It's funny you believe those numbers.

Do you also believe there is no prostitution in Pattaya?

I find it fascinating how the human mind works in many. They realise the Thai government is lying about just everything, but when it comes to covid numbers...NO NO...surely they must be telling the truth.

absolutely i do,  otherwise i would not have posted it.

1-  Government  hospitals would have been bursting at the seams if we saw high Covid  numbers here

2- This is Thailand, nothing gets past social media here. if there were so many Covid cases, it would been plastered all over social media by now. 

3- The data to back it up. 

7 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

The biggest threat right now is through Thailand's porous land borders with neighbouring countries not from properly tested and quarantined foreign tourists.

Seems the biggest threat is on the roadways. From a few days ago. "The bus was travelling from Samut Prakan province to a Buddhist temple in Chachoengsao when the collision happened". Twenty lives were snuffed out when a train hit the bus. Priorities?

9 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Expats with Thai families can return.

The exception being unmarried foreigners with no kids.

They are deliberately excluding retirees as they are high risk for COVID-19.

not all retirees are in the risk catagory.

I suspect its an opportunity to speed up there demise

If this policy remains those who can tuff it out will eventually feel the heat while some have parents, family and business in UK if anything happens and they have to go back they are screwed.

18 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

Yes Thailand is doing very well. 
Now let's compare to  a country with a similar size population shall we? 

covid th.png

covid UK.png

UK Tests               27,831,743

Thailand Tests          977,854

That's a difference of 27  million.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

More Covid Symptoms =  more tests

& as mentioned above by Ravip,  look at  the death count. you simply can't deny that.

Edited by Kaopad999

2 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Sounds like you'd be better off in the UK if you have more confidence in their handling of the COVID-19 crisis.

Personally I will remain in Thailand where the virus has been and is being controlled much more effectively.

The Thais success in handling the crisis is much to the chagrin of some of the posters here it seems. 

I suppose when you've been on here for years moaning about Thai incompetence and heralding your own country's superiority in every regard, this must come as a real shock to the system. 

????

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Sounds like you'd be better off in the UK if you have more confidence in their handling of the COVID-19 crisis.

Personally I will remain in Thailand where the virus has been and is being controlled much more effectively.

The Thais success in handling the crisis is much to the chagrin of some of the posters here it seems. 

I suppose when you've been on here for years moaning about Thai incompetence and heralding your own country's superiority in every regard, this must come as a real shock to the system. 

????

Do you really honestly believe the figures from Thailand are true? Just the other day 15 people who flew from Thailand to Japan tested positive.

Edited by Gjk7777

I agree with the top doctor that Thailand should still be cautious and keep the

14 day quarantine, as well as the checks in place. The STV, should be available to

any one who wants to come to Thailand for 3 months or more, as long as it is

reasonably priced, and the 90 day checks are done in country without a need to

run to any border for any reason. It is time to get rid of that old rule that a border run

is necessary for any visa.                                                                                                                   I do hope that the Thai government does make it as easy

as possible for anyone who wants to come to Thailand for 3 months or more. Reasonable

medical insurance requirements, a reasonable quarantine hotel to stay in in almost all

mid size or large cities in Thailand, especially if they are located on the coast.

I believe that Thailand will be lucky if they get a total of 1 million people this Winter.

Most of those will be retired people who have both the time and money to travel

out of their countries, and can spend at least 2 or 3 months away from the cold of Winter.               Most working aged people are still just trying to get their credit cards

paid down, as well as their mortgages and car or truck loans. This is still the new reality and

the new normal that everyone talk about these days.

Geezer