Do they search your bags......

bermondburi

If you read the already existing Quarantine threads...

How do you book and pay for an ASQ?  <--- see post #40
By TPDH, September 29 in Thai visas, residency and work permits

Quarantine procedure “Tell your story” post it here !   <--- follow Richard_Smith237 beginning post #9
By jasonr3255, July 21 in Thai visas, residency and work permits

Post #21

"I assume the Alcohol ban is because there will always be some idiots who drink too much then want to leave the hotel etc."

Post #153, SnipTheCat said:
I don't understand the ban on alcohol? I have not been given one, but I haven't asked either? (I had a bottle that I bought in tax free, no one asked anything about it)

Post #154, richard_smith237 said:

I think the booze ban is somewhat sanctimonious, its not really bothering me though. 

It would be interesting to know if your hotel staff will pick up a couple of beers for you !! (the staff here at TwoThree already preempted the question with a list of what they can’t pick up).

I still have a bottle of wine in the bag, I’d forgotten about it for the last few days. I might celebrate the ‘half way’ point with it !!!

...so if you're thinking of packing some bottled liquor, there are some posting "their" experience. If you are thinking of packing 'something else' then I'd have to search ThaiVisa for Turkish Prison quotes. 

My bags weren't, but that doesn't mean that they couldn't have been xray screened before they hit the carousel.

The hotel certainly won't inspect them...you are a potential virus carrier until tests prove otherwise, so they aren't keen on too much close interaction.

• Like 1

I just can not believe that you guys simply can't let sleeping dogs lie!

For God's sake, some of us are going to have to endure this 15 days of hell, and you are trying to alert the authorities to this tiny little bit of enjoyment we could have during this torture?

Admin's, for the sake of sanity, please delete this entire post immediately!!!

And for the OP, would that be a really BIG loss for you, a few dollars in your suitcase?  

Do you really need to ask this stupid question here, for the entire country to see?

Weird, and pathetic.

• Like 1

Must be quite a sad person, to go trough this entire quarantaine process, and then risking to bring in something illegal or consuming it during that. Well I guess that is the only type of people TH can attract now LOL.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

5 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

For God's sake, some of us are going to have to endure this 15 days of hell, and you are trying to alert the authorities to this tiny little bit of enjoyment we could have during this torture?

And for the OP, would that be a really BIG loss for you, a few dollars in your suitcase?  

Do you really need to ask this stupid question here, for the entire country to see?

Weird, and pathetic.

Wo there... Lighten up. I'm just trying to plan my trip. Why's that weird and pathetic? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Must be quite a sad person, to go trough this entire quarantaine process, and then risking to bring in something illegal or consuming it during that. Well I guess that is the only type of people TH can attract now LOL.

Never said I was bringing anything in illegal. 

I'm just someone who won't have seen his wife and kids for nearly a year. 

Just trying to plan my trip, that's all. Think people are getting a little worked up over nothing here. 

And FYI my relationship with thailand goes back 3 decades. I'm far more respectable now than I was back then. 

5 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

Weird, and pathetic.

I couldn't help but laugh on rereading that. The entire country would seem to rather inflate the importance of a forum on t'internet.