Here they come! 120+ Chinese from Guangzhou set to arrive at Bangkok airport on TUESDAY

webfact

It appears that the second wave may be coming in from China just as the first did. If the test is only 95% accurate, that means a possible 5 people infected but not caught out of the 120+ coming in. 

And Thailand had been doing so well.

David

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PFMills said:

Test is 95% accurate, 120 people, means 6 people could get the wrong result ... <deleted>

I don't know but a 95% accuracy with a result within 2 hours seems to be a bit of a reach.

That would be the pessimist in me though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TSF said:

Actually it's a positive step forward. Slowly opening up to selected countries and doing rapid covid tests upon arrival at the airport. My guess is in 2021 there will be lots more freeing up, allowing hassle-free entry to people from certain countries, who have been vaccinated and do a rapid covid test at the airport. It's the best we can hope for at the present time. 

Oxford just announced a proven high accuracy Covid 19 test, result in 5 minutes.

53 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

I don't know but a 95% accuracy with a result within 2 hours seems to be a bit of a reach.

That would be the pessimist in me though.

The accuracy of a PCR test should be much higher than 95% and as far as I know getting the result in two hours is very fast indeed (so actually unlikely)

3 hours ago, webfact said:

there are not many of them

Never a truer word spoken on this site. ????????????????????

I sincerely hope the kingdom is ready for the stampede. 

I wonder what are the odds of them actually arriving on 20th, or is this date going to be postponed too? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, djayz said:

Never a truer word spoken on this site. ????????????????????

I sincerely hope the kingdom is ready for the stampede. 

I wonder what are the odds of them actually arriving on 20th, or is this date going to be postponed too? 

Smoke and mirrors, smoke and mirrors.  They will arrive but will be like the invisible man.

• Like 1