Here they come! 120+ Chinese from Guangzhou set to arrive at Bangkok airport on TUESDAY

webfact

3 hours ago, mehrdad said:

The rest of the world ( all Europe and America and Middle East and many place in asia example ( india ... ) are fighting with second and third wave of this virus ????
but thailand ( covid free ???? ) worry only tourist and will do a big risk by opening border now 

This pandemic is a game changer on many levels.  I suspect that Thailand will be relying on Chinese tourists a great deal in the future.  Western tourism has been on the wain for years now and China and India are the new mass tourism solutions.

• Like 1

I will be surprised ìf this happens,and if it does,there has to be some BS behind it,now its Private Jets and Elite Card holders,probably coming through seperate arrival area's so that people cant check/see passenger flight arrivals on Tuesday from China,i wonder what the next straw will be from the Brains trust packet. TIT.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 86Tiger said:

It gets crazier every day.

From no one applied to 120+ imminent arrival over night.  They sure did get all that paper work in order qwikly.

Yeah..And after quickly finding the people to go,and processing all their BS docs,and getting Covid tests etc,another smoke n mirrors episode from the Comedy Store in Bangkok. .  TIT.

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

When you hear those words in Thailand...time to bloody worry.

regards Worgeordie

Whenever my wife utters the words, "Don't Worry", I know it's time to panic!

I think it's DNA pre-programed response in all Thai's designed to set off abject terror

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ventenio said:

120 will test positive, 120,000 baht will be paid, and 120 TV viewers will believe the news that everyone is COVD FREE as India goes towards 8 million (probably closer to 50 million by now).  

..agreed...bad move Mr. Anutin.

The text stopped at 120 so I thought 120000. So 120 bigspenders are going to save Thailand. Guess all 800,000 stores and hotels opening up just waiting for those 129 Chinese. The Thais are doing everything except opening up. They have adjusted the visa rules 200 times just hopeing some will be accepted so they can save face 

4 hours ago, TSF said:

Actually it's a positive step forward. Slowly opening up to selected countries and doing rapid covid tests upon arrival at the airport. My guess is in 2021 there will be lots more freeing up, allowing hassle-free entry to people from certain countries, who have been vaccinated and do a rapid covid test at the airport. It's the best we can hope for at the present time. 

Rightly so but the expats with investments, perhaps wife and children can't get back into the country.  But the wealthy can't get at their money as it's invested. But it's a worrying time and hope everything work out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The chief of Suvarnabhumi airport has revealed that more than 120 Chinese tourists on the special tourist visa (STV) will arrive at the airport on Tuesday, October 20th. 

I thought the first wave were going direct to phuket?

5 hours ago, Kadilo said:

“Thai-visa further notes that the Vegetarian Festival runs until October 25th, after the scheduled arrival of the Chinese tourists at Suvarnabhumi next week. “

.....confirming the excuse for first cancellation was bs. 

Chinese (from Canton/Guangzhou) will be gone by then, I don't think they would stay longer than 5 days (Oct 20th in-Oct 25th out)

Edited by Mavideol

I recently flew from BKK to Phnom Penh. Phnom Penh are probably receiving several hundred passengers per day. So if Cambodia can manage it, why can't Thailand. Oh, and the streets of Phnom Penh aren't littered with the corpses of dead Covid victims either! ????????????????

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

less than a week ago, TV reported that not a single person in Guangzhou had applied for the STV, and now they've got 120 of the suckers? Unless Mr. P. gave Chairman Xi a phone call and asked him for a favour, it sounds like more of TAT's pipe dreams.

it's not over until the fat lady sings.... meaning until they are physically Here I wouldn't believe anything TAT says, first was Oct 8, then Oct 26 now Oct 20 and as you said, TAT previously indicated that NOT  1 Chinese had applied for the STV. I do think this post/news it's just to distract us from the other news about Thai people manifestations against government going on

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't being paid for by someone who likes the Chinese and needs a face to save fast .but that's a guess ????

Well, I was thinking along the same lines. Sounds more like some PR stunt than tourist arrivals but that could never happen in Thailand...could it?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Christie Paul said:

1957 - H2N2

1968 - H3N2

1997 - H5N1

2003 - SARS

2006 - Bird Flu

2009 - Swine Flu

2013 - Porcine Pestivirus 

2019 - COVID 

All originating from China. 

Two reported outbreaks of Bubonic Plague

One in the South of the Country, and one in Mongolia Region.

I wonder if the Chinese 120  names are known ?  (mmm....was  120  then 100  was  150 then  100  now 120 again)

I feel  if  the   tourist  agents in China  know nothing  how is this  working out  ...brown  envolopes?

Private   plane  only 120  the  cost  each  unbelievable   I  really think  this is  another  foo  foo 

However  I like the  lease and  doggie bags post.... 3 years ago I saw  a  tour  bus  stop  full of Chinese I was  amazed to see  5-6   just   get off bus  walk  to  side of road  and poop  in the gutter  as thougit was  perfectly  normal  men and woman .....Really  the  Thai  Gov

love the Chinese  they  spend so  much  baht  and  show  so much respect to Thailand  ...as  it is  often  joked at the  seafood  buffet they are total  rude  pigs  sorry  .....seen it  true 

As for selected  country  ...China  is on the bottom  of the list with every other country  on the planet (  Thailand  has not had the  virus yet as  such only  a  small  taste )

Good Luck  Thailand 

• Haha 1