Apply for extension without embassy letter

I have tried to extend of my stay in September at mtt, the io has rejected my application as I did not have embassy letter.  Wondering if immigration still insist us to show the embassy letter for the extension application in this month.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SAcanman said:

@scubascuba3 did the guy you know use the tourist extension for the first time or did he use it prior to 9/26 as well? im in a similar situation and just trying to see what is working.  My io wasn't able to give me clear details. Thanks.

He didn't say it was a very brief conversation when I passed him in a bar. He has been here for many months on a tourist visa so must have had an extension already 

• Thanks 1

Right now I have turist extension (under rule 2.4, got without embassy letter) will expire on 26 October. 2 days ago I went to immigration office and they confirm me that can get 2 month extension for 3900 THB. We completed the forms, I paid the fee and got under consideration stamp for 28 October. Based one them my new extension will start from 01. November.

Edited by MZsolt
  • Thanks 1