Importing Vitamins

ouagadougou

Not considering the "need" word most people seem to order from iHerb and they have a website for Thailand.  I find the limited items I want to be available on Lazada and Shopee with local shipment by those that buy for resale at reasonable price if you check closely and immediate delivery without any shipment or customs issues so have been using them last few years.

https://th.iherb.com/c/Vitamins?gclid=Cj0KCQjw8rT8BRCbARIsALWiOvSFe50AAvaNraohgf72w8-9kgSHfSaTOUV7X7ZtGFqcZ6YrWJaux2gaAjB6EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ouagadougou said:

If so, what website do you recommend?

Just today I received a parcel from "PipingRock" (New Jersey).

https://www.pipingrock.com

It contains some "herbal" stuff (Pumpkin Seed Oil, Beta Sitosterol).

Ordered on October 8, handed over by the postman today (Oct 20).

No hassle. Shipment went through Frankfurt Germany, forwarded by Deutsche Post as ordinary email.

It's the second time that I received shipment from them without problems.

Their pumpking seed oil is also shipped by some local shop via Lazada for about four times the price (though cheaper brands may be found).

I would recommend to do a testrun with a limited supply (amount) to see whether it works.

Not a whole year supply at once? May trigger the alarm at customs (commercial)?

Edited by KhunBENQ

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Not considering the "need" word most people seem to order from iHerb and they have a website for Thailand.

very good selection , prices, and quality.    must have some "in" with customs cause they always get

here.       small orders are best , about 60 dollars,  as they get thru with no customs due

IDK how smooth shipping  to Thailand is, but a few stores Aliexpress selling bulk vitamin/mineral/herbal extract powders etc seem to have opened up recently. Could be good if you don't mind measuring with a scoop or filling capsules.

Be aware that it is technically illegal to import vitamins and supplements without an FDA license. In practice customs will usually allow small shipments through if they come by regular post (not courier) and iHerb either has worked a deal with customs or knows exactly hoe to package and send because their parcels all seem to come through. (They also limit you in how large an order you can make for Thailand delivery at one time)

But should you try from a different source, and especially if that source uses a courier service, you might well end up with it stuck in customs.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, rumak said:

very good selection , prices, and quality.    must have some "in" with customs cause they always get

here.       small orders are best , about 60 dollars,  as they get thru with no customs due

I was really surprised last month when my I-Herb order from the US arrived in 10 days (Bangkok).  I also have never been charged any duty on orders under $60.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Be aware that it is technically illegal to import vitamins

ok, we are aware .  ?     i can think of a few more things that are technically illegal ..............

on the "health" issues........... buying drugs that "technically"  require a prescription but are easily

obtained,  and suggestions here as to where to purchase usually go without that caveat  ... no ?   

43 minutes ago, rumak said:

ok, we are aware .  ?     i can think of a few more things that are technically illegal ..............

on the "health" issues........... buying drugs that "technically"  require a prescription but are easily

obtained,  and suggestions here as to where to purchase usually go without that caveat  ... no ?   

Not if I see them.

As to the "be aware" part the point was that one's order may end up stopped at customs. As has happened to many people.

4 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Not if I see them.

As to the "be aware" part the point was that one's order may end up stopped at customs. As has happened to many people.

Never happened to me or anyone I know in over 10 years. It probably will one day but not yet.

6 minutes ago, uncleP said:

Never happened to me or anyone I know in over 10 years. It probably will one day but not yet.

since the post is about getting VITAMINS,   i thought the "be aware"  notice was not necessary.

iHerb  is not sending in steroids or prescription stuff.......   

vitamins thru iHerb seem to be just fine with customs

32 minutes ago, rumak said:

since the post is about getting VITAMINS,   i thought the "be aware"  notice was not necessary.

iHerb  is not sending in steroids or prescription stuff.......   

vitamins thru iHerb seem to be just fine with customs

iHerb comes through fine. I'm not sure exaclty how/why but it does,

But ordered through other suppliers, people have has d pracels stopped at customs.

The regulations about import of pharmaceuticals  applies to non-prescription meds, vitamins, supplements etc.

The issue is not whether it is a prescription substance etc. It is the law against import of any pharmaceutical unless one has a license to do so from the FDA.

Quite a few people have run afoul of this and lost money as a result

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/972586-supplements-stopped-by-customs-anything-i-can-do/

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/849149-importing-vitamins-into-thailand-medical-license-broker/

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/556225-ordered-supplements-and-got-a-warning-from-customs/

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

iHerb comes through fine. I'm not sure exaclty how/why but it does,

and that is all i posted.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Edited by rumak

• 9 months later...

Oldish thread, but I found it on search and it seems the right place to post my question.

Have used iHerb for several years and am happy with the service (except that there seems to be an issue with the packaging of my chosen cod liver oil - out of probably 10 attempted deliveries over the years, 1 arrived broken (rapidly credited by iHerb), 1 never arrived (rapidly credited) and the last one was delivered late due to breakages of other (same? dunno) items at DHL in Bangkok.

I noted that Piping Rock are advertising of late an offering that looks very similar to iHerb, but almost entirely of their own label. I note thta the prices are at first sight very competitive with (ie cheaper than) the ones I choose from iHerb.

Does anyone have any experience of using Piping Rock for delivery to Thailand (or comments on the products generally, though I don't mind doing my own experimentation on product provided they are proving to be a reliable source for delivery here).

with a fresh plant - based fish diet nobody should “need” any vitamin supplements.if however you eat mainly processed western food you would need the full range of vitamin & mineral supplements as I did following special medical test here uears back showing such deficits across the board from blasted western diet lacking proper nutrition.

but so easy to avoid such food here......and maintain proper gym / swim fitness....

A cheap and easy to import vitamins is to order them mail order in the UK, have them sent to a friend, who can use regular post to Thailand.

A lot of UK companies like Lindens supply all their vitamins in flat, resealable packets that fit in the letterbox. Readily available on Amazon, ebay etc. It's easy to bundle several together and put them in a parcel.

If you're ordering a year's supply, keep them somewhere cool (the fridge?) - hot weather can destroy vitamins.

For those with basic multi vit type requirements you may find resellers on Lazada and Shopee to be not that much more than direct import and no need to worry about customs issues or months for delivery.  Probably not a good option for those that have a cabinet full of different items however.