Warning - AIS Fibre Service BKK

karunasup

My wife and I needed a new AIS internet service for a condo we are moving into. SO, last week we went to AIS service center at Central Lat Prao, about 1 km away from our condo complex. She was told that there is no AIS fibre service and the best they could offer is a 50 mpb connection for about bht 499. We ordered this service for installment at the end of the month.

Well, today in our condo complex we saw an AIS table offering FIBER SERVICE AT 200 mbps at baht 525. They were totally surprised the service center did not know about this. ... Why are they selling 50mbps when 200 mbps is being offered in the same building?

Edited by onthedarkside
Outdated (false) references to Shinawatra ownership of AIS removed
  • Haha 1

Expect the answer is simply the AIS Service Center at Lat Prao looked into their system and it didn't show fiber support for your condo building because their system was out of date. 

Same thing occurred with me around 5 years ago when fiber came to my western Bangkok moobaan.  My local AIS service center in the Bangkhae Mall didn't show fiber availability but when calling the main AIS Fibre phone number they said the service is "now" available to my moobaan as of a week early and they scheduled install...been a happy camper since with my fiber internet service.   I knew the service had just become available to my moobaan because I watched the AIS contractor  install the main trunk line for months up and down the numerous sois in my moobaan and I asked periodically when their fiber system was going operational....and one day said they it should be operational next week as they were done installing the trunk line but I must contact AIS to confirm and schedule install.  So I did.

And the Sinawatra family sold all of their stack in AIS in 2006.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intouch_Holdings   

And you should be able to upgrade from 50Mb DSL to higher speed fiber for free.  Contact AIS to discuss.  Explain what the Lat Phra Service Center told you and did and point out AIS is now offering fiber for your building. I expect they will upgrade/install for free and simply cancel your DSL contract as you can always "upgrade with AIS before your current contract is up."   And leave out all the Shinawatra opinion in your discussion.

Are the offers comparable other then the speed of internet?  Sometimes packages include a sim + television, sometimes not.

I know that in the past AIS was always easy when you wanted to change a package. At least when I tried and wanted to pay more for a better deal.

If you really want 200 mbps I would go to their service center and ask about it. 

• Like 1