Jump to content

Phuket Immigration office closed on visa amnesty deadline


snoop1130

Recommended Posts

Phuket Immigration office closed on visa amnesty deadline

By The Phuket News

 

1603711189_1-org.jpg

Foriegners in Phuket are urged to file applications to extend their permits-to-stay by this Friday, as the Phuket Immigration Office will be closed this Saturday (Oct 31). Photo: Phuket Immigration

 

PHUKET:-- Phuket Immigration is urging foreigners to make sure they have filed applications to extend their permits-to-stay before its offices close at 4:30pm this Friday (Oct 30), as the current ‘visa extension’ is set to expire this coming Saturday (Oct 31).

 

Phuket Immigration offices will not be open on Saturday to process any last-minute applications, Phuket Immigration Deputy Chief Lt Col Udom Thongchin told The Phuket News today (Oct 26).

 

“Do not expect an extra day to file applications for a ‘visa extension’ over the weekend. The offices will not be open,” Lt Col Udom said.

 

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-immigration-urges-foreigners-to-file-applications-by-friday-as-visa-amnesty-set-to-expire-this-weekend-77770.php

 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-10-26
 
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they are fed up to work extra hours to complete applications just to learn afterwards that another extension of "amnesty" is granted by the government like last time and those betting on it were the winners laughing at foreigners having queued for hours.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, James HKT said:

I don’t blame them. They don’t normally open Saturdays so why should they open this one. 

Exactly. 

And they're being extremely generous with these free  extensions as it is.    

Link to post
Share on other sites

Frustrating for stranded tourists, exausting for immigration clerical staff. All because the hi-so muppet military government wanted to flex their muscles and couldn't come up with a realistic amnesty dedline. Bad for tourism, bad for business, bad for everyone. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“Do not expect an extra day to file applications for a ‘visa extension’ over the weekend. The offices will not be open,” Lt Col Udom said.

I've got a fiver on someone being late.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I think they are fed up to work extra hours to complete applications just to learn afterwards that another extension of "amnesty" is granted by the government like last time and those betting on it were the winners laughing at foreigners having queued for hours.

 

Please don't tell them that the expats that remain in LOS are boosting the economy, even the ones that are locked out have to pay their bills , however STV sounds like a transmitted disease

Link to post
Share on other sites

Last time there was a deadline on the 26/9/2020 all over the Thai websites ,immigration ,etc 

You must renew your visa before the 26/9/2020 or face the consequences, harrowing stuff.

i had to renew my visa before the deadline i was going home but unforeseen circumstances,I had too stay beyond he deadline ,the British embassy were not giving out letters to which had too give too the immigration,

so I paid for a medical visa 20,000 baht ,for two months ,a lot of falangs wanted too stay in thailand because of the COVID-19 in there countries , but could not renew or they did not have time to renew there visa ,I no they had plenty of time before, but some ,were making last minute decisions, so they went home making Pattaya where I was staying even more desolate than it was before most of them were English spending money now they were gone,

And then on the 29/9/2020 then the Thai Government decided too Renew the Amensty until the end of October 31/10/2020

<deleted> did they not announce this before the original deadline 26/9/2020 , it would of saved 20,000 baht ,and they would have few beer swigging English paying falangs who actually spend money in thailand even though I get the feeling they hate the English 

the Stupid Mo,ther fuc... they are 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Phuket Immigration offices will not be open on Saturday to process any last-minute applications

...as the immigration officers will be too busy on the streets busting overstays.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, riverhigh said:

Frustrating for stranded tourists, exausting for immigration clerical staff. All because the hi-so muppet military government wanted to flex their muscles and couldn't come up with a realistic amnesty dedline. Bad for tourism, bad for business, bad for everyone. 

Granted some other regional governments have done the same thing...flip-flopped or extended their amnesties on their dates of expiration. Vietnam did this on June 30 (extended one month on the last day) and Indonesia announced a deadline for tourists to get out, only to extend it by one more month in the last minute. So I think incompetence and/or expecting miracles of generosity from 3rd world Asian governments shouldn't be expected. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Phuket IO seems to have been quite fair throughout, warning “tourists” (surely no genuine tourists still stranded by now) that ddl falls at the weekend.

 

Even immigration officials are entitled to spend Loy Kratong with their kids😊

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, James HKT said:

I don’t blame them. They don’t normally open Saturdays so why should they open this one. 

In which case, why have a Visa deadline on a day when they are closed?

 

The deadline should have been on 30 October

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tatman95 said:

Last time there was a deadline on the 26/9/2020 all over the Thai websites ,immigration ,etc 

You must renew your visa before the 26/9/2020 or face the consequences, harrowing stuff.

i had to renew my visa before the deadline i was going home but unforeseen circumstances,I had too stay beyond he deadline ,the British embassy were not giving out letters to which had too give too the immigration,

so I paid for a medical visa 20,000 baht ,for two months ,a lot of falangs wanted too stay in thailand because of the COVID-19 in there countries , but could not renew or they did not have time to renew there visa ,I no they had plenty of time before, but some ,were making last minute decisions, so they went home making Pattaya where I was staying even more desolate than it was before most of them were English spending money now they were gone,

And then on the 29/9/2020 then the Thai Government decided too Renew the Amensty until the end of October 31/10/2020

<deleted> did they not announce this before the original deadline 26/9/2020 , it would of saved 20,000 baht ,and they would have few beer swigging English paying falangs who actually spend money in thailand even though I get the feeling they hate the English 

the Stupid Mo,ther fuc... they are 

Why don't you blame your Country i.e. Embassy for this, they were not giving the so called letter to avoid you from going back....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheFreqFlyer said:

Granted some other regional governments have done the same thing...flip-flopped or extended their amnesties on their dates of expiration. Vietnam did this on June 30 (extended one month on the last day) and Indonesia announced a deadline for tourists to get out, only to extend it by one more month in the last minute. So I think incompetence and/or expecting miracles of generosity from 3rd world Asian governments shouldn't be expected. 

I think it has nothing to do with 3rd world-county or not, if you look at for instance Europe. More and more severe curfews and even lock-downs, so..........

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, sambum said:

In which case, why have a Visa deadline on a day when they are closed?

 

The deadline should have been on 30 October


Because it gives people who booked flights for the end of the month another day?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I think they are fed up to work extra hours to complete applications just to learn afterwards that another extension of "amnesty" is granted by the government like last time and those betting on it were the winners laughing at foreigners having queued for hours.

 

But isn't November a visa amnesty month up to the 30 th . Haven't had my October 30 day extension confirmed  yet . Immigration must be very busy at CW.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...