Vinyl shop blamed after Costa Rica flag used instead of Thai flag at rally in Southern Thailand

webfact

1 hour ago, Gulfsailor said:

If you know what the color blue in the Thai flag symbolises and why it’s extra big in the centre, then you realize how embarrassing this mistake is for the organisers.

technically illegal.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gulfsailor said:

If you know what the color blue in the Thai flag symbolises and why it’s extra big in the centre, then you realize how embarrassing this mistake is for the organisers.

I don't know, so come on, tell us all.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

A perfect example of the general lack of attention to basic detail here in Thailand - one which causes so much confusion in every facet of life from. For us foreigners easy examples of the lack of attention to detail can be found in the inaccurate interpretation and translations of regulations and rules (such as immigration) to incomplete, vague and clumsy lists of requirements. 

That said: How many British people can recognise when the Union Jack is flown upside down ????

Broad white stripe at the top, near the hoist.....Baden Powell

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

A perfect example of the general lack of attention to basic detail here in Thailand - one which causes so much confusion in every facet of life from. For us foreigners easy examples of the lack of attention to detail can be found in the inaccurate interpretation and translations of regulations and rules (such as immigration) to incomplete, vague and clumsy lists of requirements. 

That said: How many British people can recognise when the Union Jack is flown upside down ????

Good question !!

4 hours ago, 2long said:

This is funny and I feel ...

#1 it was not a mistake ????????

#2 surely if the people at the event loved their country as much as they claim, they should have noticed.

Now let's all sing the Thai national anthem, in Spanish. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Me

I made the same mistake.Had it on a social media page for a few yrs !

Until some bloke made a snide comment to one of his mates rather than tell me .

i felt a right tool so i did .????

10 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Not many but if the colours were reversed alot more than zero I'd wager.

c1jl68fcaovy.jpg

Flying it upside down is an easily made "operational" mistake. How many would actually accept it, with reversed colours, from a flag maker, and then be able to stick it up without anybody in the event team noticing and saying something?

It's quite possible that it was noticed, but to say anything would have placed an "important" persons "face" in severe jeopardy

Happily, in this case, not speaking out did not result in injuries or deaths.

I wonder how many reported injuries and deaths have occurred because of it?

Edited by Enoon

6 hours ago, Enoon said:

Flying it upside down is an easily made "operational" mistake.

I was on shore leave with the RNR in France, 70's when one of our crew noticed our flag upside down outside a 'café, he marched in and told them, the owner came out lowered it and hoisted it the correct way, while we stood in our number one's (uniform) and saluted much to our merriment. Are the Thais always in distress? :cheesy::sorry:

Really, I like to poke fun at mistakes as well.  

That said, I worked in print shops and the graphics industry for 30+ years. <deleted> like this happens. 

I remember buying a Lonely Planet guide for Western Europe 1999. On the spine it said Westen Europe. They printed 100s of thousands of them.   Inside was a bookmark, it had a conversation between two workers. "hey, shouldn't "westen have an R"  " Yeah it should". "we better tell the bosses" A meeting was held and instead of destroying all the books they just put a funny bookmark in it with an offer to send a sticker with"Western Europe" printed on it so people could stick it on their book. 

As someone who has seen pallets of printed material get destroyed due to a typo I appreciated Lonely Planets approach. 

<deleted> like this happens, the eyes and the mind overlook problems and don't notice them. 

Its still funny, but I certainly wouldn't put anyone down for it.  :)