Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

What's the biggest regret of your life.

worgeordie

I find it kinda hard to say what regret really is,it could mean different things.

In hindsight we all could have been millionaires and we would all have moved here when we were 20 or so.

The thing is we didn't because we were living life as we thought we should back then.

A little story, both involving my younger brothers.For some reason my two youngest brothers have always looked up to me,i can not figure out why to this day.

both have asked me advice about major things in life and i told them the following.

When you are on your deathbed and have a lot of time thinking about every thing you did both right and wrong,remember the following.

You can feel sorry for something you did but you can only regret something you did not do.

So go out and take your chances,do the best you can and see what happens.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I regret marrying a British schoolteacher ....... It cost me a fortune and the sex (what there was of it) was rubbish.

Then when she divorced me she said I was a lousy lover ........"How do you know?", I asked, "You were a virgin when we got married".

she probably googled "BritManToo" ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JAFO said:

Selling my Tesla stock way to soon. I had a pretty good chunk and felt the company was just spinning in circles. Still made a good chunk of cash but could have enough if I sold it today to...well.... own a yacht and be living in Monaco sitting at a table now gambling.....???? 

Don't worry. On the next dip, buy a few more TSLA shares and soon, your private yacht will become reality.

D9957FCA-9381-45E0-8D2E-A4DA5C41F201_4_5005_c.jpeg

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

We all start out of virgins and many girls must truly regret breaking in virgin boys as well. Come on guys, be honest, your first time was pretty pathetic, wasn't it?  I know mine was. ????

Absolutely. Mine was awful, but I'm not telling what happened on here.

I had to wait till I was 46 and had discovered LOS to know what decent sex was . Even then I had a disastrous  time in LOS for the first year. It wasn't till I found my first long time "GF" that I discovered the "Joy of Sex" to quote a book title.

Far as I'm concerned, romantic first times are something that happens in movies.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

What's the biggest regret of your life.

Has a TV moderator ever banned you from the forum for 5 days? THAT was the low point of my life!

I used to get busted from sergeant to lance corporal (acting,unpaid) quite regularly until I figured out that I had signed up on TVF for the duration...

Now I just have to keep the doolally at bay.

• Like 1

I suppose I should have regrets because of how things were at the time but now I look back and think "Well if I had done things differently then I wouldn't be me now".

You cant do anything about the past and very little about the future so enjoy the moment you are in right now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tarteso said:

With a difference of 8 months I lost my parents, both times, I flew to my country on the first flight as fast as I could, only to be late to say goodbye.  such a fast result was not expected.  I couldn't say goodbye or take her hands.  I still don't resign myself to accepting what happened and yet it saddens me ... What a shame.  It still makes me sad.

My father had cancer and was in hospital 20 miles away. I got a phone call from my uncle to say that he was on his last legs and to get to the hospital quickly. I put the phone down, made myself a bacon sandwich and a brew, watched a bit of TV and went for a leasurely shower. Finally got to the hospital 2 1/2 hours later, only to find that he'd just died. Result. No regrets.

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Captain Monday said:

People who started packing boxes at Apple ended up extreme multimillionaires.

In the 90s they were going nowhere by the way. 

I remember Amazon lost a lot of money in the first couple of years. Obviously Mr. Bezos had enough money (or investors) to stay long enough to make it a big success. But let's not forget that for any successful company there are many companies which just vanish. I.e. look at Yahoo. Do they still exist? Napster, Novell, Nokia, ....

As far as regrets go, and thinking outside of the box, I am sure that Prayut and his Government must feel like Rodney Dangerfield did right about now.  Rodney was haunted by regrets of days gone by. So Prayut must view his life just as Rodney did as I am sure Prayut and staff quite often get caught up in a perpetual cycle of unconscious thoughts that lead them to believe that success and happiness is somewhere in the future or when the goal is achieved.  A goal they will never achieve.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Well, that's something to regret right there.

I had some amazing times in my past, but I regret that I don't remember most of them very well, and some not at all.

Its nothing to regret. Its being pragmatic. You cant change the past and without the past you cannot be who you are now. You can of course learn from it though.

Try to enjoy who, what and where you are now.