Gen Prawit urges Digital Ministry to tackle fake news

snoop1130

Gen Prawit urges Digital Ministry to tackle fake news

bb2f190c78477c72d1bf5b806d6785ba_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Deputy Prime Minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwan has delivered the government’s policy for the Ministry of a Digital Economy and Society, to tackle fake news and illegal websites, while promoting online media literacy among members of the public.

Deputy Prime Minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwan said today that social media platforms have become hosts for social conflicts, sedition, and inappropriate expressions, urging the Ministry of a Digital Economy and Society (MDES) to take more proactive action, which includes blocking access to illegal websites and prosecuting the persons involved.

He has called on the MDES to coordinate with the Royal Thai Police, the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission, internet service providers, and platform owners, while implementing advanced technology to detect illegal websites and raising public awareness of online media literacy.

On social and security sites, the DPM delivered the policy to the MDES to focus on assisting elders and underprivileged persons by promoting their access to digital technology, and to drive forward the roles of the National Cyber Security Committee to prevent cyber attacks.

On the economy, Gen Prawit has urged the MDES to step up digital technology implementation to help the general public generate more income, drive forward the national 5G network and promote the utilization of this high-speed mobile network infrastructure.

nnt.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2020-10-30

5 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Deputy Prime Minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwan said today that social media platforms have become hosts for social conflicts, seditio

stifle the media; first paragraph of the first chapter in the dictators handbook

42 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

stifle the media; first paragraph of the first chapter in the dictators handbook

Actually second paragraph since a reprint in 2016. First paragraph was replaced with "Call anything you don't like 'Fake news'."

49 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Gen Prawit urges Digital Ministry to tackle fake

Rolex .?

Cuts both ways .. it can be equally applied that some of what emanates from Gov' organs is just as fake and misleading as the material they perceive as being inciting and seditious .. 

"Gen Prawit urges Digital Ministry to tackle fake news"

So they are gonna cut most of the nonsense, gibberish and ranting from Prayuth, Prawit and and their fellow ex NCPO friends? What a relieve. 

9 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

BANGKOK (NNT) - Deputy Prime Minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwan has delivered the government’s policy for the Ministry of a Digital Economy and Society, to tackle fake news and illegal websites, while promoting online media literacy among members of the public.

[

By this he means anything he does not agree with should be banned, poor dinosaur has not grasped that most of the public especially the young'uns understand the digital world better then him.

9 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

On the economy, Gen Prawit has urged the MDES to step up digital technology implementation to help the general public generate more income, drive forward the national 5G network and promote the utilization of this high-speed mobile network infrastructure.

This will increase digital literacy, which comes with the side effect the population learns how badly they are treated.

26 minutes ago, Chang_paarp said:

[

By this he means anything he does not agree with should be banned, poor dinosaur has not grasped that most of the public especially the young'uns understand the digital world better then him.

This will increase digital literacy, which comes with the side effect the population learns how badly they are treated.

Exactly, he should be careful what he wishes for.

I see multiple posters have beaten me to it on the TAT front.

15 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Exactly, he should be careful what he wishes for.

I see multiple posters have beaten me to it on the TAT front.

You need to set the alarm clock for 4am to get to the head of the posting que!  😀

And talking about alarm clocks does Rolex make a bedside version for old dinosaurs that should be in nursing homes?

I wonder how he will manage this? Will there be a ministry of fact checking, for all government released press releases?

Will they open the internet to full access to all overseas websites?

This sounds more like a ploy to get further control of the internet and stifle any open discussion on government and other social issues.

I wonder how long before there is an "internet based" movement to promote the PM for lifetime control.

I note that his wrist is not in the photograph, not wearing the Piaget today?

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Deputy Prime Minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwan said today that social media platforms have become hosts for social conflicts, sedition, and inappropriate expressions

Legal Definition of sedition : the crime of creating a revolt, disturbance, or violence against lawful civil authority with the intent to cause its overthrow or destruction 

One man's sedition is another 68 millions freedom

10 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Legal Definition of sedition : the crime of creating a revolt, disturbance, or violence against lawful civil authority with the intent to cause its overthrow or destruction 

One could ask if the current government is "lawful "civil" authority"? Given the current situation in the senate.

13 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I don't think a large portion of the population would consider the current government legitimate....but what can they do?  Complain and grumble in the village endlessly as no one has the power or the right tools to remove the usurpers.

Laughable, just laughable, that Prawit should come out with nonsense like that.

Fake news !! BIGGEST fake news story in the last few years......... I borrowed them from a dead friend.🤣

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Deputy Prime Minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwan said today that social media platforms have become hosts for social conflicts, sedition, and inappropriate expressions, urging the Ministry of a Digital Economy and Society (MDES) to take more proactive action, which includes blocking access to illegal websites and prosecuting the persons involved.

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others ;)

In a country where free speech does not exist, one of the country's least trusted official and biggest embarrassment has the gall to talk about fake news.   He is no small part as to why many think the current government is so evil. 

Good move, watch boy.

So... will that "tackling" also be directed at fake news coming from your OWN government and/or its agencies?

Or is "fake news tackling" exclusively limited to content that YOU and your ilk find objectionable for a multitude of obscure reasons?

Just asking.

3 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

You need to set the alarm clock for 4am to get to the head of the posting que!  😀

And talking about alarm clocks does Rolex make a bedside version for old dinosaurs that should be in nursing homes?

I set my alarm for 5 am on my Samsung dumbphone on the days I play golf.

I bought a Rolex in Jakarta many years ago, the hands stopped moving after two weeks.

Chewing pabulum and sitting in sodden diapers is not my style, you have my permission to take me out and shoot me instead.

I am T-rex.

The OP - are we sure this guy's first name is not really F###wit?

9 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

One could ask if the current government is "lawful "civil" authority"? Given the current situation in the senate.

Oh, I 100% agree with you, but I got banned once already more modifying something as daft as a definition before I think !

Archived