Non Imm O-A Visa application in home-country - Easy to meet health-insurance requirement

We got OA (myself) and O visas in Nov,2018. Seems the visa rules started changing the week after that. We both had a stay in Thailand until late 2019, returning to the USA. We got caught here by the virus, (and a few other things) and visa's expired. This thread has been very informative on what is needed to return, which we are looking to do soon. Insurance has been question mark for me on planning. Found this thread today, it has answered much, thanks for everyone's input. Peter Denis, sent you a PM last night requesting your information on insurance. 

• Like 1

Maybe not the correct thread to ask, but is a OA visa application  question. I have the monthly income requirement met. We have enough in a joint account to cover the requirement for my wife. Will a joint account be acceptable for the application, or would she need a separate account in her name only, which would need to have the required amount parked there for 3 months? I know this info is there somewhere, but I can't find.

Thanking y'all in advance!

Your information is very thorough. I had to return to the USA for a wedding in September and I want to return to Thailand as soon as possible.  I currently have a Non-O visa type.  The Thai consulate in LA says I cannot return with that visa type and  I must apply for a Non- O/A visa to be allowed to apply for a COE to return.

One of the (posted) requirements is to have the 800000 deposited in a Thai bank.

I don't currently have that much cash available. I noticed in your post that the deposit may not be needed

to get the Non O/A visa.. I wanted to find out if I am not understanding or not reading the requirements correctly.

I would appreciate any help or suggestions to be able to return. I understand that quarantine is necessary along with insurance, etc.   Thanks in advance.

Tye, for the Non O A for reason of retirement, you need to show proof of one of following two financial requirements:

- 800.000THB on Thai Bank Account

or

- monthly income of minimum 65.000THB.

Combination of both is possible to get to the 800.000THB in total. Someone will jump in and give more infos on that i guess!

John

• Like 1

I live in a jurisdiction that is making it difficult to obtain the medical clearance for an application for the O-A visa. The tests are deemed to be for tourist purposes. My doctor is reluctant to sign off without testing specifically for all the items listed. I am challenging this but wonder if there is a way to get the certificate from a UK healthcare unit. I am offshore so cannot visit a UK practitioner. I have everything else to enable me to apply for the visa but the medical requirement is proving an obsticle. The requirement to test for the listed diseases/disorders seems bizarre - but that is bye the bye.

4 hours ago, Piscis said:

Tye, for the Non O A for reason of retirement, you need to show proof of one of following two financial requirements:

- 800.000THB on Thai Bank Account

or

- monthly income of minimum 65.000THB.

Combination of both is possible to get to the 800.000THB in total. Someone will jump in and give more infos on that i guess!

John

@Tye Critchlow > When opting to use the funds-in-bank method to meet the financial requirements for your Non Imm O-A Visa application,  please note that the +800K does NOT necessarily need to be on a Thai bank-account.  Evidence of an amount equivalent of +800K on one or more bank-accounts on your name, would be sufficient.

This is what the Los Angeles Thai Consulate website states:

Bank statement or evidence of adequate finance showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht, or a deposit account plus a monthly income totaling not less than 800,000 Baht In the case of submitting a bank statement, a letter of guarantee from the bank (an original copy) is required

As there is no 'seasoning period' required and being short on funds, it would be simply a matter of lending some money from family/friends to top up your bank-account to the equivalent of +800K THB (approx 27.000 US $).

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Tye Critchlow said:

I would appreciate any help or suggestions to be able to return. I understand that quarantine is necessary along with insurance, etc.   Thanks in advance.

I did PM you some information on how to meet the health-insurance requirement when applying for the Non Imm O-A Visa in your home-country.

>> To access your PM-messages just click the letter icon next to your Profile when logged in to the forum.

11 hours ago, andynphuong said:

Maybe not the correct thread to ask, but is a OA visa application  question. I have the monthly income requirement met. We have enough in a joint account to cover the requirement for my wife. Will a joint account be acceptable for the application, or would she need a separate account in her name only, which would need to have the required amount parked there for 3 months? I know this info is there somewhere, but I can't find.

Thanking y'all in advance!

Hi Andy,

Certainly when applying in Thailand for the 1-year extension of stay, the funds for meeting the financial requirement have to be on a personal Thai bank-account.  Although there are reported cases of applicant having a joint account when it contained DOUBLE the amount of what was required for a personal account.

But not sure whether the Thai Embassy where you apply for the Non Imm O-A Visa would accept it.  Since you already meet the financial requirement using the monthly income method, it is possible that they would accept the joint account for your wife's application.

If not, why not open a personal bank-account for your wife and temporarily transfer the money to her personal account? 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

@Tye Critchlow > When opting to use the funds-in-bank method to meet the financial requirements for your Non Imm O-A Visa application,  please note that the +800K does NOT necessarily need to be on a Thai bank-account.  Evidence of an amount equivalent of +800K on one or more bank-accounts on your name, would be sufficient.

Of cause Peter stated that correct. I mixed that point up when i applied for my Non O (reason of retirement) in Thailand. For my Non O i had to show proof of 800K on my Thai Bank account...

Sorry for mixing that up!

John

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

As there is no 'seasoning period' required

Peter, Thanks for the reply. 

So, when applying for the OA visa in  the USA, the 800K Baht/equivalent money does not have to be "seasoned" for a specific amount of time?  I've not found anything stating so. 

I was going to open a account in her name, but if the monies had to be there 3 months before applying for the visa - well, that's a long time out, and would like to do sooner.

Again, Thank You for taking the time to help everyone out, it is appreciated!

Andy&Phuong