Minister checks Phuket airport readiness to receive foreigners under STV scheme

webfact

5 hours ago, Dialemco said:

Unfortunately this viras is forecast to be around for next 5 years so best not rush to admit any foreign tourist with or without quarantine

You seem to forget one fact. Vaccines will be out soon.  Flu has been around along time. Still get flu vaccines 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ludo55 said:

If you look on the Royal Thai Embassy website in America, Australia and others, you will see that you can apply for an O-A Visa right now, and in Australia also a Tourist Visa

Oh really?? Why apply?  Many of us have VALID O-A retirement visas and they seem to have ignored us.  

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, BTB1977 said:

Best to develop other forms of employment for out of work thais. Get some more manufacturing jobs going. Set up some kind of business plan to attract the opening of new businesses in manufacturing.  Sure the lazy bar girl who makes money on her back won't go for a honest days work. Or the ones who receive a monthly payment to be some sexpat girlfriend or wife would never make it with a real job. But the hard working thais would benefit.  

Im a farang ...and i was even offended by your sexist remarks.  You must be real popular with the lazy bar girls.  Btb....The type that says 400b st is too much.   Theres alot of us that genuinely miss our girlfriends , wives and homes .  Condescending and disrespectful...you are what makes ALL THAIS hate farangs 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bkktodd said:

Im a farang ...and i was even offended by your sexist remarks.  You must be real popular with the lazy bar girls.  Btb....The type that says 400b st is too much.   Theres alot of us that genuinely miss our girlfriends , wives and homes .  Condescending and disrespectful...you are what makes ALL THAIS hate farangs 

Why do you put ALL THAIS in capitals. I know quite a few who do not, and are that lot who have GFs, wives who they generally miss included in your statement.

They can just seal Phuket and other tourist islands off from the rest of the country and let tourists in with no quarantine.

Test on arrival and then monitor remotely.

This approach has worked fine In the Maldives, Jersey and other tourist island destinations

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Psimbo said:

no interest in visiting Phuket and are completely unaffected by the story

Certainly I agree with that ! I usually spend 4 different months a year in Thailand but I wouldn’t spend a day or a Baht in Phuket . Phuket represents all that is wrong  with Tourism in Thailand. 

Yes truth be good  

Each time Thai  Gov refer  to Tourists  or business  people  they use the  word  Foreigner    ...Why  just  say   the  Chinese 

The ones  who started  the  virus  and the ones that are trying to take over the  world  ...I still say in years  to  come  ... Thailand  will be classed as a provence of China 

Good  Luck Thailand  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bkktodd said:

You seem to forget one fact. Vaccines will be out soon.  Flu has been around along time. Still get flu vaccines 

Flu vaccine workd 50 to 60%  in best cases..some years only 10%... and works less in elderly people due to a decreased immunity system...

8 hours ago, Natai Beach said:

The Thais have done a great job with this corona disaster. Very proactive, not reactive. From the local Pooyai Baans, to the Gamnans, to the province governors, to the small local hospitals and the general population all doing their bit.

Unfortunately they have to keep adjusting their response as quite a few countries have weak inept governments, with politicians playing politics and populations full of Karens that won’t cooperate with even simple rules to end this which has resulted in this being a never ending disaster.
UK, France and Germany back under lockdown, the US recording nearly 100,000 new infections daily. Idiotic.

Infections and deaths worldwide are steadily rising, not improving. When this is finally over I reckon Thailand will see a quicker recovery than most places because they have proved themselves to be competent in handling it. And they deserve it.

Utter nonsense. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bkktodd said:

None of the Thais I mix with (and no, I am not a bar fly or sex tourist) HATE farangs. I agree with the rest of your sentiments as it happens but that statement is utterly deluded. Can't take your other comments seriously when you come out with that kind of rubbish. 

Edited by MarkyM3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ludo55 said:

Did you know that every non Thai going to Thailand needs to be tested before boarding a plane, unlike Thai Citizens who are exempt. So who would be taking Covid-19 to Thailand, Foreigners or Thais????????

Total rubbish - why do some (ixxxxs)  feel the need to lie ?

Its the airlines rules to see that passengers are uninfected , and my  buddy just arrived ( and now in Q )  who called and  said that NOBODY got on the flight without a health certificate  re Covid check , otherwise the airline was laible to carry the infected  back to the departure point  for free.

Stop the B.Sxxx. please.

3 hours ago, MarkyM3 said:

None of the Thais I mix with (and no, I am not a bar fly or sex tourist) HATE farangs. I agree with the rest of your sentiments as it happens but that statement is utterly deluded. Can't take your other comments seriously when you come out with that kind of rubbish. 

Plus 1

• Like 1

On 11/2/2020 at 9:50 AM, Psimbo said:

Usual negative comments by people who have no interest in visiting Phuket and are completely unaffected by the story. Gov't does nothing-bad. Gov't tries to do something-bad.

Just another day for the Thaigeezers.

I live here, Isaan and have totally no interest to visit Phuket. You generalize and that is not the way to act or maybe for Troll.... No offense meant...