Kippers

Today,at the new Airport Rimping......Kippers.Yorkies brand.

205 baht a bag of two fillets with a butter pat.

Havnt had any for 4 years and the first Ive seen here.

Still waitung for the Black Puddings though!

Are we talking Chiang Mai here? I'll have a look next time I'm there, usually shop at Top or Carrefour but have heard good reports of Rimping.

Are the kippers frozen?

You know what you can do with your black puddings though, first tried them in Thurso, what a thing to do to an unsuspecting Aussie tourist.

Are we talking Chiang Mai here? I'll have a look next time I'm there, usually shop at Top or Carrefour but have heard good reports of Rimping.

Are the kippers frozen?

You know what you can do with your black puddings though, first tried them in Thurso, what a thing to do to an unsuspecting Aussie tourist.

Yes Chiang Mai.and they were frozen .Rimping are very good for imported foods and the Yorkies brand also do good pork pies and cumberland sausage

Sorry about your experience with the Black Pudding,but scottish Black puds can be quite different to the english ones. Anyhow be pleased you didnt try the haggis...UUgh

Are the kippers frozen?

Yes Chiang Mai.and they were frozen .Rimping are very good for imported foods and the Yorkies brand also do good pork pies and cumberland sausage

Sorry about your experience with the Black Pudding,but scottish Black puds can be quite different to the english ones. Anyhow be pleased you didnt try the haggis...UUgh

Thanks a lot, will definitely get a few packs, I know the format, it's boil in the bag....very nice. I'll pack a fridgey bag with frozen bottles for the 180km back to the village. Like the idea of the Cumberland sausage, tried it in Windsor once, got chatting to one of the guards at the castle and he sent me to the pub where the staff go for lunch, good grub at a good price. (For England.)

I'm American and know nothing about Black Puddings other than Yorkies are the only ones that I've liked that I've tried. The Laughing Leprechan Irish Pub in Chiang Mai carries them.

It's blood and porridge General, two substances that flow in quantity north of the Tweed.

• 2 weeks later...
Haven't had kippers for years

would like to buy some in Pattaya. any sources?

kippers now theres a food id forgotten about,next time in cm will get some ,not much chance of getting them in samui ,or does somebody know something i dont :o

It's smoked herring General, the taste is magnificent but they are full of fine bones. The smell of them cooking can make non-affectionados change cities.

Usually the ones that are exported have been filleted and vacuum sealed.

post-38081-1179489719_thumb.jpg

Thanks. They sound good to me.

I just found out recently that sardines means, "little fish", and can be many types including mackeral and herring.

I'm not crazy about sardines - kippers sound better - but I want that Omega 3 oil, and I don't like taking suppliments that are 100% fat.

Where to get in Bkk? Villa used to have them, but no longer! Kippers are the best thing in English food and because it's Scottish :o

Just saw them this evening at Tops President Park, Sukhumvit 24.

Haven't had kippers for years

would like to buy some in Pattaya. any sources?

Yorkies Butchers, halfway down Jomtien beach road, fifty yards past the Chaiapruek turnoff heading south (past police box)

Bt 150 a pair, exy, but very nice (if you like kippers) which I do, and they are nice.

Naka.

Bought 4 more pacs of Waitrose Smoked Scottish Kipper fillets this morning at Tops in Cental Festival. They are really delish! Discovered them earlier this month.

Chantal , I'm a yank but still really enjoy kippers.Was totally unaware that we can get them in Thailand. I'm to the west near puttamonton sai song and ring rd. Do not go to many supermarkets but interested in approximate location of Tops Central Festival. Also ,thank you Gennisis for starting this post topic and letting us know about Rimping.

OOOOHH god first marmite now kippers this place is turning into

little britain :D

:o

Sorry....cant agree....where"s the MUSHY PEAS...Bubble and Squeak...Sherry Trifle.???

No there"s a lot missing yet.

Anyhow...whats wrong with "little britain"...as long as Tony Blair stays away!