Pushy Farang Salesmen In Chaweng

There is a group of very pushy , bordering on agressive salesmen in chaweng - I assume selling something like timeshare - Probably working without permits and trying to earn enough cash through pushy sales tactics to stay on as long as possible .

Not good for tourism or the image of Samui . Do immigation ever do checks on working farangs for permits ?

yes they are timesare you will find, most of them do have work permits but the newcomers generally do not. But none ever really get caught.

BUT, if they try it on me, there WILL be trouble, Since I push back! :o Timeshares sellers, time to leave Samui or you might miss the boat!

yes they are timesare you will find, most of them do have work permits but the newcomers generally do not. But none ever really get caught.

BUT, if they try it on me, there WILL be trouble, Since I push back! :o Timeshares sellers, time to leave Samui or you might miss the boat!

The biggest scum on Samui......

The biggest scum on Samui......

Right on Coconut, let get a posse together and play their game on them!? :D :D

Offer them a free swim to the mainland or ####!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

Get them a proper shave and haircut first, then soak them in a bath tub for 8 hours, teach them basic manners and then send them back where they came from......let them swim, crawl, run. walk, fly, drive, or whatever....just get them off the island.....FAST !

They work for a major name ( Hotel,development) on Samui.I will not mention it just in case I'm wrong.But if someone can find out WHO , contact one of the local papers looking for articles & get them to do an expose on them, which I doubt they would as they will probably do not want to endanger their advertisement revenue.

Now let's see if Samui Xpress will pick up on that & run with it.

check spelling oops.

Edited by Rooo

Good idea Rooo, hope SAMUI EXPRESS is reading this!!!

This is the real riff-raff on Samui!!

They steal one blind, and all you get is a cheap bottle of sparkling "vine", or a free trip to the snake show! :o

Edited by SamuiJens

Offer them a free swim to the mainland or ####!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

Get them a proper shave and haircut first, then soak them in a bath tub for 8 hours, teach them basic manners and then send them back where they came from......let them swim, crawl, run. walk, fly, drive, or whatever....just get them off the island.....FAST !

Give them NOTHING, they have stolen enough by being in a racket that should and is close to being illegal :o:D

They work for a major name ( Hotel,development) on Samui.I will not mention it just in case I'm wrong.But if someone can find out WHO , contact one of the local papers looking for articles & get them to do an expose on them, which I doubt they would as they will probably do not want to endanger their advertisement revenue.

Now let's see if Samui Xpress will pick up on that & run with it.

check spelling oops.

The problem is that the Hotel and related timeshare company in question is backended by some very powerful and well connected Thais. An expose is likely to get one a lead sandwich so... I hear they cold call people in their hotel rooms, ie: they call some random hotel room in the morning and try to set up an appointment with whoever answers the phone. I had one shout at me from across the street, telling me to cross the road! Unf*cking likely! Scum is right

On the other hand, a different sort of salesman is about, a middle aged european who rides around on a motorbike asking good looking couples (any gender mix) if they would like to be filmed having sex for money. I was with a friend the other day in Chaweng and this turd pulled up beside us...we had a good laugh.

On the other hand, a different sort of salesman is about, a middle aged european who rides around on a motorbike asking good looking couples (any gender mix) if they would like to be filmed having sex for money. I was with a friend the other day in Chaweng and this turd pulled up beside us...we had a good laugh.

Well, that one is new to me.....I doubt he will approach me alone, but if someone does get bothered, take a quick snap with your mobile.....that really is discusting !!!

There is a group of very pushy , bordering on agressive salesmen in chaweng - I assume selling something like timeshare - Probably working without permits and trying to earn enough cash through pushy sales tactics to stay on as long as possible .

Not good for tourism or the image of Samui . Do immigation ever do checks on working farangs for permits ?

Use this line...

"If you can first show me your WP then your welcome to continue pitching me for 5 minutes, otherwise by not walking away right now I'd be deliberatly causing you to commit a crime.That wouldn't be very nice of me would it now ?"

Use this line...

"If you can first show me your WP then your welcome to continue pitching me for 5 minutes, otherwise by not walking away right now I'd be deliberatly causing you to commit a crime.That wouldn't be very nice of me would it now ?"

Or do what i do,just tell them to F### OFF!!!,they are a pain.

Thing is, some of these guys have been doing this for years on an end and they are really used to being told to <deleted> off, they just shrug their shoulders and move on to the next one.

Money in this business is really good and it's surprising to see how many people are actually intereste in pruchasing time share, wether they're conned into it or not.

Thing is, some of these guys have been doing this for years on an end and they are really used to being told to <deleted> off, they just shrug their shoulders and move on to the next one.

Money in this business is really good and it's surprising to see how many people are actually intereste in pruchasing time share, wether they're conned into it or not.

get rid of this scum and they will replace them with more we dont know ,telling them to sling there hook doesnt help .in chaweng they stay outside or near the chaweng regent ,drive the wrong way up the street and litter the street with rubbish, the police see them and dont care just paper work they dont want to do :o

A few years back i saw one of these pricks pester the wrong person,after getting told to go away,or words to that effect,he continued to hassle this couple,then CRACK!! he was put on his arse,not seen him around for a while,but this crowd still operate,i suppose they will continue to do so,i dont know what the answer is,any suggestions.Should be a laugh.

yes i hate them also. they are tring to rip off thier own people. just the thing people come here to get away from. scum.

i wonder why they never try it on with me. they must know i am an islander. so i went up to 2 of them that had corner some young idiviual and asked them if i could have a go on the scratch card. they said no. then i jst came out with it and said pleeease i want to buy a time share.

with that the forang walked off and the 2 time share seller gave me a siacastic thanks alot look to me.

they are getting more clever now. i have noticed they have thais working for them. probably for thier protection.

i am sure most of you are clever enough to make a good come back. thier again anyone stupid enough to fall for thier tactic probably deserves it. those old scratch cards. in real life does anybody really beleive that they have wona a free camera or plasma tv or a 5 star hotel holiday.

there job is to get you to the time share office. ( a seperate company ) then the people with the scratch cards leave. then the time share people go to work.

when the people discide that they just want there cam corcer tht they tink they have won. the company tells them to go back to the scratch card people becuase they are a separate company. of coarse they would b chasing there tails. with either an unwanted time share or nothing but a waste of time.

There's a story somewhere on Thaivisa from perhaps a couple of years ago now where the guy was approached with the scratch card, won a camera and then went with the timeshare guys, listened to all their BS and in the end because he knew the game got the camera out of them. Perhaps he threatened them with immigration or something. They wasn't happy about handing a camera over but he got it anyway. :o

There's a story somewhere on Thaivisa from perhaps a couple of years ago now where the guy was approached with the scratch card, won a camera and then went with the timeshare guys, listened to all their BS and in the end because he knew the game got the camera out of them. Perhaps he threatened them with immigration or something. They wasn't happy about handing a camera over but he got it anyway. :o

Half our luggage set came from playing games with these idiots when we had spare time to kill. :D

So much fun to get them thinking they're on the brink of a big sale then slowly backing off. Do it until they get angry then act like it's their fault for losing their temper and you take your gift and leave.

Edited by cdnvic

shame i always wanted them to come and talk to me but they never do. must not look rich enough.

i know what u mean i would love to draw them in pretend i am interested then back off.

i love watching them get angry.

suprise you don't see many with panda eyes

shame i always wanted them to come and talk to me but they never do. must not look rich enough.

i know what u mean i would love to draw them in pretend i am interested then back off.

i love watching them get angry.

suprise you don't see many with panda eyes

or too stupid ..... :o

maybe i feel bad becuase they don't pray on me. i have always wanted to bea God.

never minde i will just have to save my money that i was going to spend on a time share in exchang for not being a god. god damB!!!!

seriously though. the sun came out today. chaweng beach road was flooded with those salesmen.

they are like drug dealers in Amsterdam. or ex drug dealers. not saying they are. ( don;t want this closed down) just said they are like them