Pushy Farang Salesmen In Chaweng

I understand that noboby likes pushy sales people. I find them annoying myself. But remeber this, no one is forced to buy anything, if you buy something you don't want to buy you need to grow some balls and learn how to tell people no!

I have been in sales for a while (not timeshare) and the reason more sales are lost than all other things combined is because the salesperson does not ask for the order.

If a salesperson knows his/her product, does a good presentation, it is then their job to ask for the order. If they do not, they are not doing their job.

On the other hand if someone walks up too you in the street and you tell them to piss off 3 times and they are still in your face, they may deserve a smack in the mouth.

I understand that noboby likes pushy sales people. I find them annoying myself. But remeber this, no one is forced to buy anything, if you buy something you don't want to buy you need to grow some balls and learn how to tell people no!

I have been in sales for a while (not timeshare) and the reason more sales are lost than all other things combined is because the salesperson does not ask for the order.

If a salesperson knows his/her product, does a good presentation, it is then their job to ask for the order. If they do not, they are not doing their job.

On the other hand if someone walks up too you in the street and you tell them to piss off 3 times and they are still in your face, they may deserve a smack in the mouth.

A good product sells itself, time shares don't....

Take a look here:

Samui time share

This poor sole paid over US$7K and is trying to recoup near US$4K.

Click on 'select a picture', then 'larger picture' to read the fine print!?!?!?

Thanx for that one, MrAG, and 1 week every 2nd year!!! I hope soo much they'll hit on me, especially after seeing "THat GREED"! :D:o But when they see me, is with :D on off course!

one expensive week, but maybe she got a Kodak for free?! :D

Edited by SamuiJens

Although I don't like the salesfolks myself, timeshares sell better than anybody on this board probably realises, unless they work themselves in that industry.

Any figures to back this statement up ?

No hard figures,

But I've been talking to someone who has been involved in this business for a long time, also on Samui, and that gave me this opinion.

Feel free to question my statement.

I was walking about the main strip in Chaweng 2 years ago when a Brit on a motorbike pulled up. It was about 8am and I thought what's this guy want. Then he started, excuse me where do you come from, I said before you go any furthur I am not interested. He said not interested in what? I looked him in the eyes and said anything you have to say, Im not interested. This idiot then went on to complain that I was very unfriendly, what part of NO don't these clowns understand?

At least the girls in Bangkok are usually polite.

If they ask me to fill out the questionaire because they get 20THb or so I say, "OK but will give you wrong hotel and room number"

They just smile and let me walk on.

I did once give the correct room number and let the guy drone on for ages while made affirmative grunting noises while watching the telly.

..used to work on samui some 4 years ago and it was becoming a problem then. i did talk with the owners of the hotel/development concerned.... visitors should tell their Hotel General Managers of these cases - write them a letter so that they can foward to the hotel associations/police etc. Also, if you see a Tourist Police person, then tell them too....

Just tell them

I have no money as im to busy paying of bail money and lawyers, immigration have my passport so I cannot flee the country.All because I forgot to take my medication got pissed and hospitalised several marines in Pattaya.

Then state ill happly come along as I have nothing to do and ask is there any free food?

When he backpeddles get agressive and ask him if he has a problem with mental illness.

Alternatively turn religious and start preaching............they run a mile.

Although I don't like the salesfolks myself, timeshares sell better than anybody on this board probably realises, unless they work themselves in that industry.

Any figures to back this statement up ?

No hard figures,

But I've been talking to someone who has been involved in this business for a long time, also on Samui, and that gave me this opinion.

Feel free to question my statement.

I see, so it's your opinion. I won't question your statement no further.

Take a look here:

Samui time share

This poor sole paid over US$7K and is trying to recoup near US$4K.

Click on 'select a picture', then 'larger picture' to read the fine print!?!?!?

and if you go to this link you can work out how much commision the salesmen earn on each sale.

http://www.phukets.info/phuket-classifieds/qri/index.html

Unfortunately it doesn't look like the site has been upgraded for a couple of years.

A good product sells itself, time shares don't....

That depends. When you go into a store to purchase a particular item, quite often you are not an expert on the product/s availabe that will best suit your needs. That's where a knowledgeable sales person comes in. Quality sales people know their product/s and will sell the product which best suits the customers needs.

It's like going to the doctor, you don't go to a doctor and tell him that you will have some blue pills. The doctor will tell you which colour pills your having because he is the expert.

I know this is getting away from the original topic, it is in responce to 'A good product sells itself'