'Will make you jump out of your skin': readers on the best underseen horror films

snoop1130

'Will make you jump out of your skin': readers on the best underseen horror films

2560.jpg

From clockwise: Housebound, Kill List, Eyes Without a Face and Martyrs. Composite: Allstar, PR

As Above So Below

Starts out as a Tomb Raider-style adventure and then brings some claustrophobic creepiness. A great antidote to the current Hollywood trend of “child ghost in the walls”. Spoffoth

• As Above So Below is available on Netflix in the US and Amazon Prime in the UK

Kill List

I found Kill List genuinely unsettling. It’s a bleak British film with nasty undercurrents. Best seen without prior knowledge it gradually sucks you in to a grimy underworld and then does something very bizarre two-thirds of the way through. BungeeBill

Whenever these types of list come up I always take the opportunity to give a shout out to Kill List. That film and the ending haunts me to this day. tiffidsting

• Kill List is available to rent in the US and UK

Full Story: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/nov/02/readers-on-the-best-underseen-horror-films