Maradona

jellydog

5 hours ago, jellydog said:

But I heard that a lot of times after the surgery the patient thinks he is a chicken.:ermm:

I cannot deny there are sometimes....errm changes....they may start wearing red devil shirts and claiming they are a huge huge club.

• Haha 2

Bac pacin through s/a in 99 and in Brazil had an Italian gf who's chilian mate, over dinner one night said 'hey u know this guy' .. showin some prints of her and maradona.. I'm like yeah s/a's cued up to get shots with footballers .. it was new att... So I'm like .. no Biggie, but she said no she used to go clubbing with him in Buenos Aires..  she said he was nuts and used to eat a PLATE  of Charles b he went out... I'm like ' no way.'   She was abso convincing..Then a bout 2 /3 years later it all came out ..sad...

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

In fact scratch that. It's official

R.I.P. one of the greatest and only 60

Huge news here of course. It is hard to explain the level of his fame here. He's about as close to a living god as you could imagine, even with all his nuttiness. Of course he's been living on borrowed time for quite a while.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

He was an amazing talent, and his presence in a team could transform it from ordinary to exceptional. No disrespect to Ronaldo or Messi, but they couldn’t have made Napoli into a league winner. 

Always be remembered for being a cheat though , unsportsman like  and ungentlemanly conduct and not playing to the rules 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Soccer world mourns as Argentina great Maradona dies

By Nicolás Misculin and Cassandra Garrison

2020-11-25T164534Z_2_LYNXMPEGAO1C1_RTROPTP_4_SOCCER-ARGENTINA-MARADONA.JPG

FILE PHOTO: Soccer Football - Superliga - Boca Juniors v Gimnasia y Esgrima - Alberto J. Armando Stadium, Buenos Aires, Argentina - March 7, 2020 Gimnasia y Esgrima coach Diego Maradona before the match REUTERS/Agustin Marcarian/File Photo

BUENOS AIRES (Reuters) - Diego Maradona, widely regarded as one of the greatest soccer players of all time before drug and alcohol addiction marred his career, died on Wednesday at his home in Argentina after suffering a heart attack, his lawyer said. He was 60.

Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1193929-soccer-world-mourns-as-argentina-great-maradona-dies/

16 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Always be remembered for being a cheat though , unsportsman like  and ungentlemanly conduct and not playing to the rules 

You could say that of many footballers ... the Leeds United team in the 70’s under Revie, Graham Souness, Vinnie Jones and the Wimbledon team, Tommy Smith ... and many others. I think ultimately Maradona will be remembered for his exceptional ability. I don’t personally believe the so-called “hand of God” incident would have changed the outcome as Argentina were the better team.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

You could say that of many footballers ... the Leeds United team in the 70’s under Revie, Graham Souness, Vinnie Jones and the Wimbledon team, Tommy Smith ... and many others. I think ultimately Maradona will be remembered for his exceptional ability. I don’t personally believe the so-called “hand of God” incident would have changed the outcome as Argentina were the better team.

Indeed .. and Maradonna used to come in for some grievous treatment during his Barcelona days and later at Napoli with a lot of the hatchet-men defenders of the day kicking lumps out of him .. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Indeed .. and Maradonna used to come in for some grievous treatment during his Barcelona days and later at Napoli with a lot of the hatchet-men defenders of the day kicking lumps out of him .. 

Word is he was often shot up with painkillers in order to play.

• Like 2