UK travel during current Lockdown.

Britain, indeed the UK, does not operate as one entity, all the countries have their own rules.  However the upcoming lockdown in England does not impose any additional restrictions on inbound international travel, the existing "travel corridor" list still applies.  Once on the ground though you then have to follow the lockdown rules. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-national-restrictions-from-5-november

Any difficulty returning is more likely to be as a result of a reduction in flight availability.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Upnotover said:

Once on the ground though you then have to follow the lockdown rules. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-national-restrictions-from-5-november

As you say, each constituent country of the UK has it's own rules, and those rules are for England.

Here are those for Northern Ireland.

Here are those for Scotland.

Wales has been on full lockdown for four weeks, and this ends on Sunday. These are the rules for Wales from Monday 9th November.

3 hours ago, Upnotover said:

Britain, indeed the UK, does not operate as one entity, all the countries have their own rules.  However the upcoming lockdown in England does not impose any additional restrictions on inbound international travel, the existing "travel corridor" list still applies.  Once on the ground though you then have to follow the lockdown rules. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-national-restrictions-from-5-november

Any difficulty returning is more likely to be as a result of a reduction in flight availability.

Absolutely correct. Flights to LHR should be ok but its the other airports  might be having their frequency cut or stopped. LGW is certainly one as regards Qatar and MAN I hear is having a reduction in frequency from the ME3 carriers..

From a Facebook group I'm a member of regarding air travel -

"I have just read through the whole of the legal text being put to the Commons, its a bit complex BUT:
Airports not required to close
Airlines not required to cancel flights"

21 hours ago, Deserted said:

If Britain goes into lockdown, as it expected, as a Brit does this make it harder to return home? Are they going to stop letting people in? Can't seem to find any info.

Check with the airline, but yes I think airports will close again.

More of an issue surrounds returning TO Thailand. You are not allowed to fly out to holiday abroad,only essential travel ,including business,so what classification returning to family in Thailand is remains a grey area. But indirectly that may be hit by reduced flights and certainly raises the likelihood of flights being cancelled,a particular problem with all the plates in the air a Farang would be balancing . A BA pilot friend I spoke to yesterday said his 777 flight to New York had a very low 60 passengers  booked of which only 19 actually flew ! 
I was starting to plan my return which involved talking to 2 travel insurers and even they were uncertain whether this constituted the same as FCO advice not to travel from the perspective of invalidating insurance if you traveled ,but it certainly doesn’t cover reimbursement for cancellation if your flight still went. A gap in cover as it stands.

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Check with the airline, but yes I think airports will close again.

All major airports in the UK will remain open. However, the frequency of flights will reduce.

The EVA flight on 01 November only had 34 passengers, with one lucky man in business having 4 stewardesses. There were 5 passengers in Premium and 28 in Economy. On landing, there were hundreds crammed into the immigration area, with no social distancing. Amazing LHR!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Clarkey611 said:

All major airports in the UK will remain open. However, the frequency of flights will reduce.

The EVA flight on 01 November only had 34 passengers, with one lucky man in business having 4 stewardesses. There were 5 passengers in Premium and 28 in Economy. On landing, there were hundreds crammed into the immigration area, with no social distancing. Amazing LHR!

Lucky man indeed ????

On 11/5/2020 at 3:21 PM, Clarkey611 said:

Flights with the major carriers from Heathrow will not change. Qatar, Emirates have full schedules from there. I travelled out of Heathrow on the first day of the England lockdown with Qatar, not one question asked why I was travelling, but I was ready. My understanding of the rule is that if you are returning home you are allowed to travel. Anyone travelling to Thailand has a valid visa and a legal Certificate of Entry from the Thai government. As far as I understand, this is not a holiday and does not come under the government travel restrictions.