PM, Ministers in self-quarantine

geovalin

Prime Minister Hun Sen announced yesterday that he has gone into self-quarantine after reports that Hungarian Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade Péter Szijjártó who visited Cambodia on Tuesday reportedly tested positive for COVID-19. Szijjarto was reported to have tested positive for the virus yesterday while he was in Thailand for a two-day visit.

He had opened his country’s embassy in Phnom Penh and met several VIPs, including government officials and Mr Hun Sen. Mr Hun Sen posted on his Facebook page that after receiving information that Szijjarto was tested positive for COVID-19 in Thailand after he left Cambodia, a Cambodian medical team yesterday rushed to trace all those in contact with the Hungarian Minister to take samples for testing at the Pasteur Institute.

“Separately, at my house, I, my wife, a bodyguard, drivers, and those in his household, totalling 18 people tested for the virus and the results came out negative,” he said. “Even though I do not have COVID-19, for the safety of all, the doctors required me to live separately for 14 days. Not even my wife, children and grandchildren could stay near me,” he added.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50779763/pm-ministers-in-self-quarantine/