Where to buy nice office furniture?

TPDH

$200-600 won’t quite put you in the “premium” range (real Herman Miller Aeron or Steelcase),  but Nathan Rhodes design has some good replica Eames desk chairs, and for desks, hulta design appears to do quality work. (I have a bed currently on order from them and will most likely use them for other furniture).  They will also work with you on any custom design.

https://www.nathanrhodesdesign.com/search?type=product&q=eames*

https://hultadesign.com/product-category/tables/office-table/

On 11/8/2020 at 1:27 PM, moontang said:

There is a furniture village soi close to MRT Bang Pho.  Seen some nice stuff in the 15-20k range.  I prefer desks that are more like tables..better leg room...

Also seen this...tends to be industrial, but see what they have.http://www.tankothai.com/

I bought the standard tanko workbench myself.  Base model with no drawers.  I felt it was quite expensive for what I got.  It was around to ฿17,000 if I remember correctly.  The heavy duty model was 30ish.  Gave it to a friend.

6 hours ago, Airalee said:

I bought the standard tanko workbench myself.  Base model with no drawers.  I felt it was quite expensive for what I got.  It was around to ฿17,000 if I remember correctly.  The heavy duty model was 30ish.  Gave it to a friend.

I got 3 years+ out laminate desk, without drawers delivered and assembled for about 2000.  Sturdy enough for sports..not sturdy enough for her to open her Spy on the edge..very functional..pair it with a Taiyo floor safe for around 4300.

• 7 months later...
On 11/6/2020 at 2:17 PM, Airalee said:

Also...

No prices listed, but maybe worth checking out.  I purchased refurbished Steelcase Leap chairs a few years back in the US and they are very well made.

https://www.modernform.co.th/en/office/workspace/chair/ergonomic

I just bought a Steelcase office chair from the Modernform store mentioned above, the one on Srinakarin Rd. not far from the Huamark Airport Rail Link Station. They're located in Modernform Tower, with the office furniture focused on the 4th floor there.

As a big and tall guy, Modernform's carrying of some chairs in the U.S. Steelcase line is probably one of the better office chair options available for big and tall guys in Thailand (or even for regular size folks). And Steelcase chairs in general pretty widely get top marks for their ergonomic design and features.

The Steelcase chairs also have a 12-year home service warranty handled by Modernform that covers all the "hard" / mechanical parts of the chair. And the Steelcase chairs are rated for up to 400 lbs.  Modernform's own office chairs, by comparison, carry only a standard 3 year warranty.

I discovered, in dealing with Modernform lately, that they also have an annual sale each year usually starting covering the first and part of the second week in July, so we were able to get 4,000b off a normally 23,000 baht Steelcase chair.

Modernform also has a smaller showroom adjacent to the Ploenchit BTS station in central BKK, but their office chair stock there on the floor appeared more limited than their main Srinakarin Rd location.

The Leap chair mentioned above currently runs about 40,000b from Modernform without any sale. They also carry a model called Gesture, and the Think Version 2 chair that I bought, all of which are fully adjustable in various ways. But the Think V2 has a slightly larger and higher seat than the Leap, which helped sway my choice -- not to mention the Think V2 normally runs almost half the price of the Leap. They also carry Steelcase's Series 1 and Series 2 office chairs for more Asian sized bodies more in the 10K baht range.

The Steelcase Think V2 chair I got will be replacing a Thai model office chair purchased from one of the dealers in MBK years ago that, while bought at a very low price, constantly needed to have parts replaced at my expense like the wheels and hydraulic cylinder, again, with me being a big/tall guy. The local chairs just aren't made with the same durability and attention to ergonomics and design as the Steelcase ones are.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I just bought a Steelcase office chair from the Modernform store mentioned above, the one on Srinakarin Rd. not far from the Huamark Airport Rail Link Station. They're located in Modernform Tower, with the office furniture focused on the 4th floor there.

As a big and tall guy, Modernform's carrying of some chairs in the U.S. Steelcase line is probably one of the better office chair options available for big and tall guys in Thailand (or even for regular size folks). And Steelcase chairs in general pretty widely get top marks for their ergonomic design and features.

The Steelcase chairs also have a 12-year home service warranty handled by Modernform that covers all the "hard" / mechanical parts of the chair. And the Steelcase chairs are rated for up to 400 lbs.  Modernform's own office chairs, by comparison, carry only a standard 3 year warranty.

I discovered, in dealing with Modernform lately, that they also have an annual sale each year usually starting covering the first and part of the second week in July, so we were able to get 4,000b off a normally 23,000 baht Steelcase chair.

Modernform also has a smaller showroom adjacent to the Ploenchit BTS station in central BKK, but their office chair stock there on the floor appeared more limited than their main Srinakarin Rd location.

The Leap chair mentioned above currently runs about 40,000b from Modernform without any sale. They also carry a model called Gesture, and the Think Version 2 chair that I bought, all of which are fully adjustable in various ways. But the Think V2 has a slightly larger and higher seat than the Leap, which helped sway my choice -- not to mention the Think V2 normally runs almost half the price of the Leap. They also carry Steelcase's Series 1 and Series 2 office chairs for more Asian sized bodies more in the 10K baht range.

The Steelcase Think V2 chair I got will be replacing a Thai model office chair purchased from one of the dealers in MBK years ago that, while bought at a very low price, constantly needed to have parts replaced at my expense like the wheels and hydraulic cylinder, again, with me being a big/tall guy. The local chairs just aren't made with the same durability and attention to ergonomics and design as the Steelcase ones are.

I wonder if there is any place selling refurbished Steelcase chairs.  The Leap V2s that I bought from Madison Seating back in the US (madisonseating.com) were reupholstered and absolutely like new.  Came with 10 year warranties and were about $400 (฿13,000) with free shipping.  ฿40,000 is quite a leap up. (Pun intended).

1 hour ago, Airalee said:

I wonder if there is any place selling refurbished Steelcase chairs.  The Leap V2s that I bought from Madison Seating back in the US (madisonseating.com) were reupholstered and absolutely like new.  Came with 10 year warranties and were about $400 (฿13,000) with free shipping.  ฿40,000 is quite a leap up. (Pun intended).

I actually looked at refurb models of several Steelcase chairs via Amazon US as part of my shopping process. The $400 price range you mention was in the ballpark for what I saw. But a lot of the sellers wouldn't ship internationally. And for those that did, the cost of sending a 40-50 lbs or so Steelcase chair from the U.S. to Thailand was gonna be a small fortune.

I'm guessing you meant refurb Steelcase sellers here in Thailand. I don't know of any, and the way things are sold here, I'm not sure I'd either know where to look or whether I'd trust anyone I found.

PS - I looked at the Rockworth company in BKK mentioned above that I wasn't familiar with before, and they appear to offer the same standard 3 year warranty as Modernform's Thai chairs, which wasn't gonna cut it for me.

FWIW, Lazada via their Laz Mall online store seems to have a lot of the top line Steelcase office chairs available for sale, but the prices all seem pretty much list or close to it, because they're being sold via Modernform TH, which also has its own online store.

https://store.modernform.co.th/steelcase/ergonomic-chair.html

Here was one of the resources I looked at and considered when trying to narrow down potential ergonomic/quality office chairs for my consideration:

https://www.btod.com/blog/best-office-chair-reviews/

https://www.btod.com/blog/2017/02/23/5-best-office-chair-manufacturers-warranties/

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 1