Anyone had any luck with Solar Spotlights?

giddyup

Luck in the way of longevity, ie do they last all night and do they last long term, like 2 or 3 years? I have bought several from Lazada, the current ones being a pair of 45W with a separate solar cell that goes on the roof, but I found they are not that bright and they ran out of juice after about 3 hours. OK, not that expensive, 600 baht for the pair, but it seems that most of the sellers on Lazada have the same thing, so it's hard to know if there are better quality brands available, or are they all luck of the draw and made in China?

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i1051898835-s2346136897.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1

I have the same brand, and I do have them last all night if the 100 watt or 200 watt, with suitable panel placement. The other tip I have is to follow the directions in the box about charging for one or two days, but not using the first two nights. It has served me well at two homes. I have been disappointed in most small lights, however BEC brand solar smaller lights have proven well worth the money. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, kamalabob2 said:

I have the same brand, and I do have them last all night if the 100 watt or 200 watt, with suitable panel placement. The other tip I have is to follow the directions in the box about charging for one or two days, but not using the first two nights. It has served me well at two homes. I have been disappointed in most small lights, however BEC brand solar smaller lights have proven well worth the money. 

There were no instructions that came with mine, none, so I charged for one day before using that night. If I buy more I will follow your tip. Mine came with a couple of remotes, why two I don't know, they both work on both lights. The remote has a little half sun symbol which I assume is to only use half power, however it doesn't seem to make much difference, if any, to the light brightness. For 600 baht they are OK, but I should have bought 100W instead of 45W.

• Like 2