WHO picks Thailand among 4 countries as example of effective Covid-19 handling

rooster59

5 hours ago, drenddy said:

Numbers are actually low in Denmark.Of course, there is a spike in cases, but positivity rate is around 1.5 and they test alot.Free and widespread testing.If there's something they did good, the danes, is that they have enhanced testing capacity.

Regarding mink..They are acting out of a principle of caution.

The post I responded to said 

"The epidemic is over  and life will go on eventually."

I believe the cross species infection confirmed in Denmark would indicate it is far from over, but I fail to see how your post relates to the epidemic being over.

23 hours ago, mrfill said:

Try reading the data properly. The number of tests conducted is 977,854. Your figure is the number of tests per 100k population and if you sort the columns correctly it shows Thailand at position 165 for tests/100k

Screenshot_20201107_112752.jpg

You, too, need to read the data correctly.  The column heading says Tests per One Million  population.  Guess we both need to edit our posts...  Nevertheless, Thailand is still 165th on the list.  Cheers.

"13,997 tests per million population in Thailand as of yesterday out of a population of just under 70 million.  No wonder there are so few reported cases here.  On a per capita basis, that puts Thailand at number 156 out of 198 countries and territories that have reported test numbers. [source:  https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/]"

I have corrected my original post with the words bolded above.  Apologies for the poor proofreading on my part with the original post!

• Like 1

So now the WHO is making money on the side by selling positive remarks to third world countries?

That is so typical to this corrupt organization.

Thailand's corona numbers, like the rest of buddhist asia, are so out of line from the rest of the world

, including india, that is makes you wonder if they are real at all  or if the corona was real at all.

• Like 1

Indonesian ? is that a joke? I am not sure who in WHO said that? really confusing! the tests really missing in Thailand, i had cold symptoms with my wife last month, we went to good private hospital and no one bothered to ask us to  have a covid test, I asked few times the nurse replied that the DR. said no need !????

when I was in Sydney, I can go for a test with mildest symptoms or no symptoms at all and free for every one ! and now Australia control it very well, very strange report of WHO!????

• Like 1

The WHO likes low numbers, Thailand , through creative counting and strict control

of the results shows low numbers.  Do not check the other factors, just let

Thailand have their low count and bask in the glory.

Some, will stay cautious and trust only them selves, as I do, and I

have no plans to visit Thailand, or anywhere until this virus has a vaccine, and is

truly under control all over the world.

Geezer

3 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

The WHO likes low numbers, Thailand , through creative counting and strict control

of the results shows low numbers.  Do not check the other factors, just let

Thailand have their low count and bask in the glory.

Some, will stay cautious and trust only them selves, as I do, and I

have no plans to visit Thailand, or anywhere until this virus has a vaccine, and is

truly under control all over the world.

Geezer

Then how come Indonesia is on that list their infections is sky high

13 minutes ago, TEFLKrabi said:

Possibly feeling better than if they’d contracted COVID. 

That’s a million + with real symptoms- Poverty . Rather more than would suffer long term effects from Covid. As a sense of relative proportion,72 died on the roads on Monday but no one proposing shutting down the road network. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

That’s a million + with real symptoms- Poverty . Rather more than would suffer long term effects from Covid. As a sense of relative proportion,72 died on the roads on Monday but no one proposing shutting down the road network. 

But this is a Covid thread.

4 hours ago, nchuckle said:

And of course Covid doesn’t have any economic impacts nor have any comparatives against people dying consequent to the preventive measures taken. Doh !

It certainly doesn't affect the road accident figures.

Errr ... doh. Whatever that means.

Something not mentioned enough is that Covid disproportionately affects overweight people.  That would help explain why Thailand (and S.E Asia in general) seems to be one of the least affected and the US seems to be one of the most affected.

Edited by shdmn

On 11/7/2020 at 5:24 PM, LarryLEB said:

13,997 tests in Thailand as of yesterday out of a population of just under 70 million.  No wonder there are so few reported cases here.  On a per capita basis, that puts Thailand at number 156 out of 198 countries and territories that have reported test numbers. [source:  https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/]

It is 13,997 test per1,000,000 population NOT per 70M. Therefore, the total test is........

Is it too hard for farang to calculate?

Steryotype of typical farang with math usually true.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, nchuckle said:

Are you sure they’re living in poverty? Where I live, in Isaan, most have returned to family and are continuing normal lives, working where they can. It’s not a good situation but it’s not as bad as you’re making out. Thai families and communities are good at pulling together in tough times.

7 hours ago, Ratchsima said:

It is 13,997 test per1,000,000 population NOT per 70M. Therefore, the total test is........

Is it too hard for farang to calculate?

Steryotype of typical farang with math usually true.

Clearly you missed my follow-up post which corrected my earlier post... 

By the way, I don't stereotype the spelling skills of others just because your spelling skills are weak...

Edited by LarryLEB